Guest viewing is limited

TKR I have a new knee!

Haha! I told hubby to get it out of my sight. It is now in a closet with all of his other "nifty" things that he brings home from classes and conventions. He does use the super duper gloves to make hamburg patties, though. :loll:
 
[Bonesmart.org] I have a new knee!
Time to get those dancing shoes on!
 
Hello BS family,
Tonight my post is off topic, and I hope that is alright. My knee is great but my heart is so heavy. I'm hoping that those of you who believe in prayer will pray for my niece's husband. He is only 40 years old, and was previously very healthy. He always reminded me of a lumberjack. He got sick soooooooo fast! In the past 2 weeks we was in the hospital 3 times with IVs of vancomycin. Last time he was home, he got sick and she rushed him to his PCP. From there he was rushed to the ICU by ambulance. This week he has been in the ICU and has been failing. He is now on a ventilator, 2 main catheter lines through his neck, on so many antibiotic that it is affecting all of his organs, had 2 surgeries to drain his lungs, oh, and one lung collapsed, even on the vent his oxygen levels are only 70, his heart elevations are through the roof, he had a secondary heart attack from the infection, he is sedated and on paralytics and was non-responsive before any medication. He and my niece have a 13 year old son and a 5 year old daughter. I remember how desperate I was when my sister was in the ICU. I tried to find a pay phone to call people. Now we have cell phones and there is the internet. Will you pray that he pulls through? He really needs a miracle, nothing else is working. Thank you very, very much. PS: His name is Paul.
 
Nyland,
You and your family will have all my thoughts and prayers. I am soo sory to hear about what is happening. As we all know miracles do happen, and I hope one comes your way.
 
Hi Nyland. Isnt it scary that we can get so sick so quickly. I am so sorry to hear about Pauls illness. I hope your neice finds the courage she needs fr the next couple of days. Those poor children having such a sick Daddy at this time of year. So I will be praying with you for a miracle and hope he turns a corner and starts to recover. Sending you all the biggest hugs ever and you will be in my thoughts and prayers. Take Care
 
[Bonesmart.org] I have a new knee!
I am so sorry this is happening to your family. You have the healing prayers and vibes I can send coming your way. May God bless you and keep you all.
 
Oh Nyland, that is so scary for your niece and her husband. Praying that God will let Paul heal and be home for the holidays. A person never knows.
 
Nyland, I am so sorry this is happening. I am sending you healing thoughts and prayers for you and your family and that Paul will heal.
 
Oh my Nyland. My prayers for Paul and for the entire family.
 
Nyland, I am so sorry to hear of the hardship that Paul and your family are experiencing, you are all in my heart and on my mind!
Prayers and best wishes for all of you and a miracle for Paul!

Please keep us updated my friend we all care! :console2:
 
Nyland, I'm adding my thoughts and good wishes for Paul's recovery and for peace and strength for your niece and the children. What a heartbreaking time for all of you.
 
Hello my friends. Thank you for the positive, healing vibes, prayers, and kind thoughts for Paul. Everyday has been a battle, but he is still fighting. He is still on the vent, in a coma (some of which is medically induced with sedatives, and paralytics), he has double pneumonia, ARDS (Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome, COP (cryptogenic organizing pneumonia), high fevers, bleed outs, he has had surgeries, a collapsed lung, a secondary heart attack, fluid build up, tubes, main lines..........BUT, he is still fighting. My niece is amazing and has been advocating for his care and needs. She is sad and exhausted. She has a 5 and 13 year old. Paul is a big, strapping, strong healthy guy...he always reminded me of a lumber jack! He plows in the winter to make extra money. He has this gawd awful penguin on his enormous plow truck. This penguin has always caused some controversy. Paul rubs it and it snows, he plows, and makes extra money. Yes, I have been known to curse that darn penguin! This morning, my niece let us all know that she rubbed the penguin for Paul. Well, it is snowing like the dickens here! I told my niece to document that I ok'd the rubbing and all of the snow that it produced. It just has to be a sign and a blessing.
As for my knee? It is great. I have most of my feeling back, no pain or even tightness. I pretty much have forgotten about it. I'm really nervous about falling in all of this snow and ice, so I am incredibly careful and hang onto anyone who will allow me to do so.
 
I'm glad to hear he is hanging on but I am sorry to hear all that he is going through. I sure hope you get a New Years miracle! My heart goes out to you all! <3
 
Nyland, will continue to pray for Paul. Hopefully he has a break thru soon. Big hugs to you!

By the way, I hit the 4 mos mark today, sadly I can't say 4 mos was a good point for me. But I am improving. Hugs!
 
Back
Top Bottom