Guest viewing is limited

TKR I have a new knee!

Thank you for the prayers and support, Gail. I'm sorry that I have been missing so many posts. How are you, my friend? Is the recovery still trying? Sending you a hug!
 
Yes sadly Nyland its still a big issue for me. If its not the knee, its my tummy giving me grief. I do have alot of stress right now too, so that and anxiety are adding to my problems. I am sure the knee will get there, I just have to keep looking forward and thinking positive. Hugs!
 
Thanks, Tim!
Gail, I'm so sorry about the gastro issues. Would a prednisone burst help? HUGS!
 
Nyland, Paul must be a very strong man to endure all that he is experiencing, which is a good sign!:angel: His wife sounds like a peach, God bless her! She must be so scared, for Paul, herself and their kids, so sad for the whole family!:console2:
Do they know what set all of this off yet?
Praying for a miracle my friend!
 
Thanks, Jacky! He started out with double pneumonia. He was admitted and released a few times....and then the next admission he failed quickly. It seems every time I get a text message, it's more bad news.......BUT, he's fighting!!! Last week I honestly didn't think he would make it, but now there isn't any doubt in my mind that he will. I'm not a fortune teller or a physician, but my gut/heart is filled with so much hope that even my head doesn't understand.
 
OK, so how about a YAY post?


When I left work to have my knee replacement surgery on 7/24 I saw all of my work friends. Things have been in chaos where I work, and when I returned to work 5 weeks later, the entire floor was GONE. 2 of my very dear friends moved to Vermont. (They were husband and wife.)

So, today, the husband stopped by my office. He asked me about my knee surgery and told me to make sure that I have the left one replaced. OK, here is the COOL part! It has been 5 months since I saw him. He told me that I look TEN YEARS YOUNGER! Now, this guy is very famous scientist. He is NOT a flirt or charmer. He is just a good decent man. Can you imagine how that made my day??

2 minutes later, our former dean/chancellor stopped by. He had his hip replaced 9 months ago, so we tend to chat and compare notes. As he is leaving, he turned around and looked at me and says, "BTW, you are looking fantastic!”

Maybe I shouldn't wait too long to get my other knee replaced!!!!

Who knew a new knee could get you 2 cool compliments in one day??????


Happy New Year, everyone!
 
Yeah Nyland, what a great day you had! Sorry to hear your dear friends have moved on, however I'm sure it was best for them, nice that he stopped by to see you and leave you with such a wonderful feeling! I love good men! The more reason to get that second knee done! We have no idea what pain does to us and our lives until we no longer have the pain and our lives feel better! I hope you take heed and get the other knee done, life's to short to not be happy and pain free!
 
I absolutely will. This time, I will make sure i'm not in the position to rush back to work, though.
My dear friends were so kind and loving the day that I got the call that my brother died. Now the corridor, their offices, and labs are empty.
How are you doing, my friend?
 
He had 6 blood transfusions and frozen platelets to get him ready for surgery for his dialysis port. No help. Last night he had a complete blood exchange. Today they found out that he had Thrombotic Thrombocytopenic Purpura. He did have his dialysis port, and is having dialysis right now. He will have plasmapheresis every day for at least 2 weeks. Pneumonia, ARDS, TTP.........vent, trach, feeding tube, dialysis……….poor guy just can’t catch a break. Thanks for asking.
 
It's so sad when you've worked with people for so long and they actually become part of your family and then a company decides to eliminate a whole department, and BAM you no longer see the people you are so friendly and close to! When this madness started in our world, Norm's and mine, we were devastated, and thought, what the heck is left for us?! Not an easy time for sure and that was in the early 2000's! So sorry your coworkers were pushed aside, but I'm sure they found a happier place for them!

As for Norm and I, and with my new knees, we are looking forward to a happier, pain free life! And we are looking forward to an Alaskan cruise!

Stay well my friend and get that other knee done lickity split! :thumb:
 
Awe Nyland, so sorry to hear the sad news about Paul! I hope your niece is hanging in there as best she can! Nobody young should have to go through this! I'm sorry! :boohoo:
 
[Bonesmart.org] I have a new knee!
Nyland!!!! What a great day for you. If you have that other knee done and it makes you look another 10 years younger---you'll look 36! A genuine compliment really lifts the spirits.
 
Jacky, my niece is so strong. I have no doubt that her strength and faith are not only getting her through the days, but are keeping her husband alive. I'm not going to lie, I'm worried about her. Last night she sat by his side in the ICU all night, drove home, got her kids off to school, and was back by his side first thing this morning. She is amazing! She is so positive, but, I don't mean delusional. Just positively amazing.
Awwwww, thanks Judy.
 
Just catching up on threads, Nyland. So very sorry to hear about Paul. Please count my prayers in too.

Your new knee is doing wonderful and what great comments you have had. Couldn't be a better ego booster - good for you :thumb:
 
Nyland will continue to pray! His poor wife, I am going to add prayers for her too. Poor thing, I wish I could give her a big hug. Hugs to you too Nyland!
 
Awwww, thanks, Gail!

I have amazing news!!!! Paul woke up today. Went from a coma to alert! He can only mouth his word due to the trach, but he had a lot to say. He joked with his wife and the nurses and asked to see his son! Miracle!!!!!!!!!
 
OMG, That's awesome! Will keep him in my prayers for continued recovery! :angel: Thanks for the update Nyland! :friends:

Stay well my friend, you're doing great kiddo!
 
Back
Top Bottom