Guest viewing is limited

TKR I have a new knee!

bottomshollow Judy, I think our kids worry about telling us that they want to take over so they hold off telling us. So, I guess we have to send signals like, Wow anytime you kids want to take over is fine with us!, they truly want to start their own traditions in their homes with their kids too, but they don't know how to start. So, this year is a good year for you to say, or slip in, hey if you guys want to take over next year, it's fine with us! Good luck, kiddo! :thumb:
 
Jacky, we have so much in common. On another note, just typing to you, knowing that you live in CT, brings tears to my eyes. I have been avoiding the news and internet. Those poor babies. May God bless them and their families.
Judy, I think that Jacky is right. It's a tough transition for our kids. My daughter spoke up, because she has the baby. I told her that I understand. She suggested that she, my dil, and I take turns. I told her that my dil can't handle it. That she and I could share and that meant that she could have Christmas Day whenever she wanted. It's no big deal for us. We have everyone for Sunday dinner every week, but I sure love not having to run to both of their houses and then back home this year.
Gail, THANK YOU! That was my first thought. I guess that is good news for us! :friends:
 
Nyland said:
Uh oh! To anyone in the know (PTs, Josephine, Orthodoc, Trainwreck, MapMaker53, referee54, ....)
My husband is a fireman/first responder. When he went to the yearly fire conference, he brought back a medi-rub 2000 plus massager. My PT uses massage with a tool to break down scar tissue and explained the importance of massage to break and move scare tissue. SO, last night my husband suggests his machine. I massaged my scar and the left side of my entire scar. (I still do not have feeling on the left side of my scar. No biggie, but it is 100% numb. While using the handheld, shower on my knee, I made the water as hot as it could possibly be on that side and a I felt nothing.) I thought that a nice massage with a medical massage machine would help fire up the nerves. Well, when i went to bed, OMG, my knee hurt! It still hurts as much today. I have been icing. It is not a pain, it feels more superficial...I think. What have I done? I had a knee that felt perfectly fine and now i have hurt it MYSELF. I am embarrassed that I didn't just leave well enough alone and ashamed to even post my stupidity. What do you think? Have I just angered my knee? Have I done damage? Has anyone ever done this? To those who have not, learn from my mistake and please don't do it. Thank you for any input. Please try not to scold me too much. I already know how stupid I was. :sad:

Nyland, I'm just seeing this now. Are you sure that wasn't a power sander?? Lol!
 
[Bonesmart.org] I have a new knee!
Nyland, it's the surface that's numb---but what lies beneath is letting you know you have upset it's applecart. Probably nothing wrong with massaging---but needed to start slowly and easily and build up from there each time. And no more hot water on your bare skin---even if it can't feel the heat, it doesn't mean that you can't burn the skin. You just got a bit carried away---don't beat yourself up over it---just be a little easier on yourself next time (if there is one).


Please take care, we care.
[Bonesmart.org] I have a new knee!
 
Janet2012 :rotfl: Can you imagine? When he brought it home from Baltimore, I told him that he was crazy to have lugged that ridiculous thing on the plane. Turns out I was the crazy one. I still can't believe that I used it. It weighs a good 50 pounds and is incredible cumbersome. Oh well, I learned my lesson the hard way.
Hope all is well with you.
 
50 pounds!!!! It weighs 50 pounds!!!:yikes:

Remember when you tested the baby bottle temperature on the inside of your wrist? Welllllllll, maybe you should do that from now on with the water temperature for your knee. I mean, it is new and all!!:yes:
 
I'm not sure exactly how much it weighs. I couldn't lift it. My hubby had to. Oh well, that is behind me. As soon as I posted about the burn sensations that I have ben having, (knock on wood) they stopped. NOTHING for the past 2 days. Woohoo!
 
That was a big son of a gun to bring home on a plane! Glad the burning sensations are gone, Nyland!
 
Janet I thought the same thing about the Power Massager! Oh the things we try to ease the discomfort!
Nyland I am so glad it turned out okay! Also getting the holidays sorted out will be nice. Unless someone loves doing it, it's nice if the responsibilities are shared among family members. But it's hard when some of them have come from afar. None of my children are married yet although my daughter may be considering within the next year. She is living close by now which has not happened for years so it's so wonderful to have her help. For me, my problem is often not really asking anyone for help or letting anyone know I need help, before the surgery was just as bad since like all of you, I was in so much pain and walking was a big problem for any length of time. I have a feeling from reading all your posts that many of you have trouble asking for help as well! So those little hints may be the best we can do! And often our loved ones are in their own world and had no idea! (especially the boys! :heehee:).
 
Hey Nyland, those little zingers will pop out of nowhere sometimes. For me at least, they come and go every so often. Hugs!
 
Guess what I did on Friday? I went to the mall! I needed to exchange something at the Disney store. I didn't over do it, but I certainly was thrilled to be able to do something by myself again. I also did all of my other errands and then babysat, and then went to dinner with my hubby. Things just keep getting better. Good news for those still waiting for the light at the end of the tunnel.
 
That is great news and a wonderful post! You are reclaiming that life that arthritis stole from you---while recovery can take longer than we would like it to, it is, as you are proving---so very much worth it!

Please keep posting and let us know more of these very important victories and steps forward that you are taking.
 
Thanks for always having encouraging words, Tim. By the way, would you know why I have been downgraded to a SENIOR? One day I was post grad and the next a senior. No biggie, just curious.


10,000> omega
5,000-9,999 alpha
3,000-4,999 don (that's as in a college don, or senior lecturer/professor at a university!!)
2,000-2,999 supremo
1,000-1,999 post-grad
500-999 graduate
250-499 senior
100-249 member
20-99 junior member
0-19 new member
 
Back
Top Bottom