- Joined
- Jul 23, 2011
- Messages
- 9,651
- Age
- 74
- Location
- Essex and London
- Gender
- Male
- Country
United Kingdom
SLOW PROCESS!!!Hello Bonesmart Friends! It's now been 2 1/2 weeks since having both knees replaced...and I just got back from going out to lunch....with just my walker...no wheelchair. ... I've been sleeping upstairs in my regular bed with my dear hubby for the last 4 nights. I take a shower every day...and make sure I have someone with me when I go up or down the stairs. I can get my own breakfast and/or lunch...We have a 75 or so foot long driveway...so I can walk up and down the driveway to or three times...then back in the house.
PT is going fine. But boy...it's a slow process!...but it seems like it's going to take forever to get back my ROM. You all were right....this is a slow process...and it requires patience.
My goodness if you think that's slow progress then Chuck Yeager piloted a hang glider and Lewis Hamilton drives a gokart.
Fantastic, you obv have The Right Stuff.



And at 3 weeks...I'm already SO GLAD I had both knees done at the same time. Every time I have PT...I'm so thankful that I'm getting all this exercise work done all at once...and it doesn't seem to be double the trouble at all.
Oh...and YES...I'm SO GLAD I had both knees done!!!