Justrosieinsa
junior member
Happy Anniversay Pamx2! I'm at 14 wks post BTKRs and I read through your posts and I am pretty much where you were at this time. Have my last insurance covered PT session tomorrow and after that I am on my own. I do have an elyptical and a recumbent bike some leg weights at home. I will have to discipline myself to keep up the exercises because I need more ROM and stronger quads to be able to do stairs and standing up from lower seats.
Congratulations on a job well done!
Congratulations on a job well done!

United States
I was so scared and found every excuse to prolong not having surgery. I waited much too long because of fear and now my legs have never gotton completely straight because they were so bent before surgery.. If ONLY.... I think I walk around in shock over having done it finally.
But thank God I did.....
I open the box and the brace also says it's for the left knee, and I can tell by the design of the brace that it is labelled correctly...it's for the left knee. I've decided this is a sign that I don't really need a brace to do the work that I can just do on my own. I've been avoiding sitting in my recliner at night and have either been sitting on the floor doing nice knee stretches and bends...or at least sitting on the couch where my knee sits flexed and stretching past 90. And guess what...I'm getting more ROM out of both my knees! Lesson learned...it's good to keep stretching those muscles long after TKR so they don't decide to tighten themselves back up a bit. 