Pamx2
member
- Joined
- Jan 20, 2013
- Messages
- 113
- Age
- 65
- Gender
- Female
Hi Everyone! You are not going to believe this...but I'm headed HOME
I was going to go to a rehab facility yesterday, but they had to stop all admissions because of an outbreak of Noro virus. UGGH...can't imagine having vomiting & diarrhea with BTKR. So they were going to keep me in the hospital longer. After my two PT sessions today...they couldn't believe how well I am doing. They said I am farther along than most patients at the rehab facility. Because of Bonesmart...I was totally ready for discharge before I even had my surgery. I will have home PT...and I will follow the Bonesmart mantra every step of the way!!
I know I still have a super long road ahead of me...heck, I still have a little pain while walking. And whoa...bending my knees...or flattening my knees...well that's a challenge too! But every day it gets better and better. I can't wait for the time when I am walking and am so glad I had the surgery. I'm happy now because I know that's down the road!!
So thank you everyone! Hugs to all of you for helping me to make it over to the other side.
I was going to go to a rehab facility yesterday, but they had to stop all admissions because of an outbreak of Noro virus. UGGH...can't imagine having vomiting & diarrhea with BTKR. So they were going to keep me in the hospital longer. After my two PT sessions today...they couldn't believe how well I am doing. They said I am farther along than most patients at the rehab facility. Because of Bonesmart...I was totally ready for discharge before I even had my surgery. I will have home PT...and I will follow the Bonesmart mantra every step of the way!!
I know I still have a super long road ahead of me...heck, I still have a little pain while walking. And whoa...bending my knees...or flattening my knees...well that's a challenge too! But every day it gets better and better. I can't wait for the time when I am walking and am so glad I had the surgery. I'm happy now because I know that's down the road!!
So thank you everyone! Hugs to all of you for helping me to make it over to the other side.
United Kingdom
That's just great, now you really are flying along!
at that as for a wee while I was worried......! Life's good now!


is great! I took ages to start taking an interest in books, puzzles etc, all I did was doze! Wonderful! Make the most of it. Huge hugs to you brave lady
Different kind of day today...and I'm sure everyday will be different. No PT yet...it's supposed to start tomorrow. No ice today....haven't felt like I've needed it. Keeping up with pain meds...but no massive amounts...more the minimal amounts every 4 hours...so doing fine with my pain levels and it's not too bad. But it's been weird all day...my knees stay in one position...like laying mildly elevated in bed for about 20 minutes...then my legs get more and more uncomfortable and I feel like I need to move them. So then I sit up and gently hang my legs over the side of the bed for them to feel a little better. That lasts a few minutes...then need to get up and walk to the bathroom or walk around the kitchen island....then time to lay back down and no pain in my legs while laying there and I'm thinking I can watch a movie in peace. Then 20 minutes or so later my knees start to hurt more and more and I can't get comfortable so I feel like I have to sit up and dangle my legs off the bed again. Then walk a little bit, ect. It's been like this for a good part of the day. Never thought on post op day 7 that I'd want to get up and be walking around...and that I would be able to!! Just wish I could stay still for awhile. Best thing ever today....happen to glance in the pantry in the kitchen (my appetite is very small which I am LOVING!!) and forgot that I had bought a massive box of Rice Krispie treats from Costco. So I was able to get one and eat it...mmmmm....nice! ![[Bonesmart.org] I Can't Believe It...I Did It!!! [Bonesmart.org] I Can't Believe It...I Did It!!!](https://data.bonesmart.org/attachments/8/8606-4b8892633234c8160d19f6515c7c5a12.jpg?hash=S4iSYzI0yB)