Guest viewing is limited

THR I actually made it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
People can guess from my last post energy has been an issue. So tired I don't want to move but yet can't seem to get much sleep.

The family left so I'm alone for the week. Maybe I'll get some sleep since things have calmed down around here.

Everyday things seem to be getting better though. A couple days ago a marching motion was impossible... Couldn't get my heel off the ground. Now I can do about 5 inches... So nothing mind blowing but any progress is good progress so I'm happy. I think tomorrow I will have a lazy day. Just catching up on some series and maybe even getting some sleep.
 
Guess I should have posted that earlier to avoid you wasting the effort.

Advice is never wasted on this forum. Someone else who needs the info will see when reading your thread, and they'll be helped by it.
 
Advice is never wasted on this forum. Someone else who needs the info will see when reading your thread, and they'll be helped by it.

This is so true. I have been dealing with trying to get mg leg up an supported for 2 weeks now. I've put pillows under my leg only to awake with pain in my knee. I haven't found anything yet that has been beneficial for my leg and knee. Now that I have seen this post with pictures I might add I will be doing this tonight and most likely will find some much needed relief and sleep. I'm still new to all of this as I am only 20 days post op and still new to this site. With that said I would love to see the posts with the 3 pictures stickied so that others may see it sooner and have relief.

AVN of both hips. Had RTHR on July 7th
 
@rans0m00,

Definitely the pillow stack needs to start at your bum cheek. And your toes need to be higher than any other part of your leg. A slight bend in the knee is fine, but it shouldn't be so sharp as to let your feet hang lower.

[Bonesmart.org] I actually made it.


[Bonesmart.org] I actually made it.


A body pillow is great to use as you can bend it in half and put other pillows (or something else, as shown here) inside the bend to give it the proper angle. I sometimes use my bodypillow this way.
[Bonesmart.org] I actually made it.

This post is on my list of being one of the most important and helpful to me.

AVN of both hips. Had RTHR on July 7th
 
And things are still going smoothly. I seem to be tired more each day but everything else has been moving towards recovered.

Latest wondering is pain meds.... When is too early to start tapering down. Thinking I will try just taking my meds every 5hr instead of every 3hrs. We will see how this goes.
 
Well @rans0m00 , I stopped mine at about about 9 days. That's when constipation really hit me so I had extra incentive to quit! :heehee:
 
Submitted too soon.... So far the decrease has just left me with a headache and a little more sensitive. Probably going to leave it like this for a week. Then bump it down again and keep going that way.
 
[Bonesmart.org] I actually made it.
@rans0m00, it is very early days for trying to reduce pain meds. No one is going to give you a medal for toughing it out and being miserable. So take those pain meds like you should. I took my pain meds for the first 6 weeks. Starting tapering about the 4th week. Ended just taking them at night the 6th week.
 
@bottomshollow I agree there will be no medal. Considering I already have physical dependency to them I am unsure what will happen in a few more weeks when I run out of meds my OS gave me. I worry it will jack my tolerance up higher than what I normally get prescribed.

So at the moment I am taking 200mg per day as prescribed. I will run out about the same time as I see my PM Dr who only has been prescribing me 70mg per day. So thats three weeks of almost 3x the dosage then in one day I will drop down to the old dose.

I guess I can voice my concern to my OS and see what she recommends. I just don't want to find myself in a bad position of her saying nope not writing you anymore since you get them from your PM Dr and having my PM Dr saying nope I'm not adjusting the dosage to get close to what she was giving you.
 
Now I'm wondering even after a taper where my tolerance will sit... I have learned quickly your body does not forget about the tolerance for long... In other words even if you haven't taken them for a while you will build a tolerance faster than you had previously done before.

I guess these are all concerns I have to ask the powers that be. Just to check and see what the plan is for medication.

It still doesn't change the not wanting to be taking such a high dose even if I can.... If my body can get by with only taking 130-150 without any craziness... Why take 200?
 
@bottomshollow just wondering on yours did you take the same dosage all the time?

For me it just seems like a very high dosage when I might not need all of it.
 
@Chessie well guess that's not totally true anymore. I am trying to spread out the dosage so I have been taking it closer to 4hrs in between as of now.
 
@rans0m00 "20mg of oxycodone every 3hrs" ???? Jaysus that cannot be right. Seriously - I googled it and I just can't see where a dr. would prescribe that much. Are you sure about the numbers?

I was taking 1 percoset 5/325 (5mg oxycodone + 325 mg acetominophen) every 6 hours...and that was putting me to sleep. I can't imagine taking what you are taking!
 
I'm taking 20mg of oxicontin xr every twelve hours and 10/325 of hydrocodon every 4 hours. I also take 10mg of flexural 3 times a day.

AVN of both hips. Had RTHR on July 7th
 
@Chessie yep... When I said I have a tolerance I wasn't joking. For the first day or so it was a little extra sedating but after that I feel normal and Vitals are perfectly normal.

Oxycodone works for a max of 6hrs. Onset is 15-30 minutes while peak effects are at 3hrs. Everything past 3hrs the effectiveness is just dropping.

As far goes the dosage and where I feel it's at to be honest... I would even say it's a little low. After losing the toradol pain went notably up. I would prefer to be on 30mg every 3hrs or 60mg oxycontin 2x daily with 10mg oxycodone to patch the pain when the oxycontin doesn't cut it.

I just got off the phone with my Dr and talked with her about my concerns. She said don't worry about the medication she already knows she will have to do a taper to get back to the same dosage I was on before the surgery. Her recommendation was to take the meds as prescribed for the first two weeks then start spreading it out. If I can do it sooner without weirdness then I will. There is just no real rush.
 
@rbtaylor14 flexeril has never been my thing. It works but it leaves me feeling mentally cloudy and slow. Thankfully the muscle spasms calmed way down or else I would have ended up on it.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom