THR I actually made it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
@beachgal & @rans0m00 , mine was mostly a matter of getting back the range of motion that I had lost. I had so little ROM in my left hip that it was impossible to walk with a normal gait. My OS told me at my very first appointment that the biggest issue I would have, in recovery, was getting back that ROM - essentially retraining the muscles to their former functions. I'm not all the way there yet - but it's so cool seeing the changes happen!! So so glad I had this done. :yes:
 
@rans0m00, just checking in on you. I know you are well on your way to recovery and I'm so happy for you!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
@beachgal recovery is happening. Since I have had to resume full regular life it has been extra taxing. I feel the need to nap every few hours but no luck there. So overall pretty run down. I just remind myself that this is temporary and will improve.

I bought a mountain bike so I can go outside and ride. My regular bike is a road bike with clips and very skinny tires. Confidence is not there for that kind of risk yet.
 
@beachgal recovery is happening. Since I have had to resume full regular life it has been extra taxing. I feel the need to nap every few hours but no luck there. So overall pretty run down. I just remind myself that this is temporary and will improve.

I bought a mountain bike so I can go outside and ride. My regular bike is a road bike with clips and very skinny tires. Confidence is not there for that kind of risk yet.


Awesome!!! I have to say that riding my bike has absolutely been a pleasure and a great recovery aid. (I can't ride with clips - I hate those things, and I would not risk doing that this early either!). I hope as you become more active, you will see an increase in your energy level. That has been the case for me. Happy riding!!
 
Agree with. @ Chessie! The more I do, the more I CAN do without too much energy drain but I'm careful to keep it within reason. I'm not back at work yet so that makes a huge difference in my activity level. I am pushing each day to do more so maybe my stamina will be there.

@rans0m00, be aware of your nutrition requirements regarding recovery and energy. Just a healthy lunch every day with plenty of water will help! My soapbox...


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
@Chessie it's turning out to be a challenge. I was using a stationary bike at the gym but it's so boring just being in one place. So the bike was bought... When we have a day below 100 I'll take it out for a couple of miles.

@beachgal I have been paying close attention to it. With me being out more my diet has actually improved since I can eat anywhere I want now. Before the food was good quality but fairly narrow. Now it's a wide variety.
 
Put my road bike on the trainer so I can't fall over and did a little spinning. My range of motion is fairly good actually. Once I have the muscles to match it I think I will be doing good.
 
Have been super busy so haven't been on much.

Life is still going well. Slow progress in certain areas while others have returned to functioning like before my hip got really bad. Walking is effortless now. My biggest issues are i think caused by core muscles and correcting my posture while standing/sitting. I had lower back pain before the surgery but my god it has exploded post surgery. I feel this is just an adjustment thing while I need to be working on my core strength and making sure my posture is correct.

Hope everyone else is healing as they should.
 
Glad things are going well in general @rans0m00 !
You probably are still readjusting your pelvis.....
I walk a ton, but probably now need to get on the floor and do something about my core.
Best!
 
I went to post in my post op thread and noticed it was locked. Do they lock automatically after x time? Figured I would ask here since the obvious option is to make a new thread but didn't want a 2nd thread for a follow up.
 
We do close threads if they haven't had any activity in a few months. But I'm happy to reopen it for you. If this ever happens again, don't hesitate to PM Jo or me (or both) and ask that we reopen your thread for posting. You can also start another thread and let us know that way. We will merge them.
 
@rans0m00, nice to see you lurking about. Hope all is going well with your recovery!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Hi @rans0m00 - not sure if I have provided you with these articles - you may be interested in browsing :(

The following is a link to an article which provides the current science regarding the healing beneath and around the implant and approximate timeframes for the healing phases and processes and the relevant nutritional information for each phase.

Healing Phases & Nutrition

This second link is to other nutritional articles which you may find interesting, including one relating to bone health.

Nutritional advice for pre op and recovery

This third link refers to my ongoing research..

nutrional-snippets
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom