THR How am I doing?<

And, to further muck things up the new hip or I should say leg is 1/2" longer than the snotty twin and this throws off hip symmetry and causes all sorts of pain in the pelvis joints and especially the sacroiliac. The OS said he would fix this when the other side is done. And yes, I have lower back pain now too which was not there prior to starting longer walks or the other ODIC stuff I did...
 
Won't you be so happy when you're balanced out?:unsure:
The pool would be a great idea...
Water therapy for recovery or just because!
Hope tomorrow is a better day!:tada:
 
@Wave Hog I think the SI joint is my least favorite joint. I've had minor issues since I did a lot of running back in the day (with terrible form). Hopefully you can get balanced out sooner rather than later.
 
Thanks Mojo, I'm looking forward to getting in the water and damn the torpedoes - just because...
 
I think the SI joint is my least favorite joint.
Ditto!
I still have some issues with it...but it is 95% better with two good hips! As long as I don't do too much heavy lifting...which with unreliable help and heavy loads at food bank can be a trick!
 
Happy Two Month Anniversary!
I hope you see some progress soon with the issues you mentioned above.
Wishing you a great day and week to come! :)
@Wave Hog
 
@Wave Hog I hear you on the second hip (needing op hip) starting to act up as op hip improves. I've been warned by @1stSurgery and @bickypeg! I'm having second hip done Nov 8, and it can't come soon enough. It is holding up first op hip for sure! I've been told to only walk by my OS, so am doing that in moderation. Sticking with some core and upper body exercises that don't involve hips. My physio commented, in the one visit I've made to him (to modify the core and upper body exercises to avoid hip involvement), that with stroke patients, just by working their healthy side, research is showing that there is indirect benefit to the affected side. I am hoping that is the case as I work on the core and upper body! It is a balance with a post op and needing op hip! Good luck with yours!

Wishing you a great day, with a non playing up second hip! :)
 
Thank you, Layla!

I’m feeling pretty good as long as I don’t have to walk too far. The operated hip is getting better but is still very weak. I haven’t done a lot of stair work and need confidence climbing to be able to get up into the 4X4 that needs driving. I start outpatient therapy this Wednesday to work on strength I’ve lost since limping around for three years. After all I’ve learned here, me, myself, and only I will be in charge of the therapy. Looking forward to finding an old dirt road, dropping it in 4 low and exercising Amendment II as well.
 
Thanks, Alitm,

That’s exactly what I need. Strengthening the core. I will mention that to the physio. Good luck prepping for getting #2 fixed...
 
@Wave Hog just remember physio is not a workout. You aren't training for anything and it should never hurt. Sounds like you are going into it with the right attitude!
 
Ditto!
I still have some issues with it...but it is 95% better with two good hips! As long as I don't do too much heavy lifting...which with unreliable help and heavy loads at food bank can be a trick!

It was one of my retirement plans to help at a foodbanks @Mojo333 . For some strange reason it hadn't occurred to me there'd be a lot of heavy lifting! And I wanted to listen to struggling readers at primary school but I'd forgotten about the nasty little plastic chairs! But something still to aim for?
 
@bickypeg There are many less intensive duties you can do at a food bank...sorting donations of helping serve patrons...I just have to get it in the door!
I'm sure that if you helped at the school...they should find you a "good" chair.
All worthy causes!
In a few months you will be dropping it in low Wavehog!
Take it slow. You'll get there !
 
Good Luck with PT on Wednesday.
I'm happy to read you'll be in charge and not engage in anything that hurts.
I hope you're soon able to get back to the activities you're missing. It will come.
A great week to you! Stay in touch.
@Wave Hog
 
Thanks for the replies, Everyone. We’ll check back with you all after the PT. Have a great week!

Peace
 
Happy Three Month Anniversary!
I hope you're doing well.
Drop us an update and let us know how you're feeling about all at three months post op.
Wishing you a nice Wednesday and great rest of the week!
@Wave Hog
 
Thank you, Layla,

I’m doing OK, I suppose. I still have pain when lifting the left leg in and out of the car and straight leg lifts hurt too. I’ve had about 10 sessions of outside PT and all is getting stronger. The PT doesn’t listen too well and just goes about his set routines. He’s been around a while and will try another outfit next year. I was given a 1/2” lift for the right shoe but I still have lower back pain and really intense pain in the right hip while getting up or moving around later in the day. I average between 1/2 and 3/4 of a mile walking each day going about my business. I took the steps to the 3rd floor office yesterday for the first time since surgery and am very happy about the results. Not pain free but closer.
I look forward with great enthusiasm to getting the other side done next week and hopefully less pain in the future. Thanks for checking in and God willing we’ll see you all on the other side...

Peace
 
Hi @Wave Hog Thanks for the update!
Consider stopping the leg lifts for now if they hurt. Personally, if a particular movement hurts, I wouldn't do it. I wouldn't try to power through, I would simply stop for now. Try at a later date.
You said the PT "doesn't listen too well". No disrespect to the PT but you're in control of your body, if you don't like what the PT is telling you to do, I wouldn't do it. I'd say...."NEXT....I'm not doing this one". Case closed.

Warm wishes for all the best on the 13th. Only six days away! I'm quite sure you'll see us on the other side but I do recall it's normal to be anxious and have uncomfortable thoughts moving toward major surgery. Surgery will soon be behind you.
I hope you have a great rest of the week!
 
Thanks for the reply, Layla,

I’m not doing the leg lifts as a formal move in exercise. I’m just lifting my left leg into or out of the car, bed, and the ottoman without assistance of my arm. This pain was there prior to surgery real bad. It’s better now but still painful. I’m thinking psoas and changes to the acetabular rim which may have been osteophized. That last radiograph was from the front so the metal cup would be blocking the view of the area I’m dealing with?

Thanks for your kind words...

Peace
 
Back
Top Bottom