THR How am I doing?<

Thank you for the kind words, Altim,
Your prayers are needed especially for the families of the lost souls in the shooting and fires...

Peace
 
Worry looks around, Sorry looks back, Faith looks up.[/QUOTE]
I like the quote!

Prayers for all affected by the fires in California. The photos of the devastation are heartbreaking and scary!
I hope you get lots of rest and begin to feel better quickly.
Hugs :console2:
@Wave Hog
 
Thanks for the well wishes, Layla!
Thanks for the prayers. Never underestimate the power of prayer!

Peace
 
Wave Hog, so sorry to hear your second hip is on hold, but it sounds like you made a wise choice to delay slightly. In the scheme of things this reschedule is just a small bump in the road. Rest and feel better soon!!!
 
Jamie,

Thank you for the words of encouragement. They’re greatly appreciated...

Peace
 
:wave: @Wave Hog
Have had you on my heart and was hoping today find you feeling much better...getting by that cold!

Hope today is a Good Sunday!:SUNsmile:
 
Thanks for the kind words, Mojo,

I’m feeling a lot better but still have some lingering congestion. Yes, today is going to be great. We’re invited to Thanksgiving dinner elsewhere so no shopping or cooking for me this year. That’s one less thing to worry about and that is good. I wish you a peaceful and good Sunday as well...

Peace
 
Hi @Wave Hog
Wondering how it's been going for you? I hope you enjoyed Thanksgiving and your conjestion has cleared.
Wishing you a nice day and a great week!
 
@Wave Hog hi. I am 3 weeks out too though surgery uncomplicated.
Can walk but only with crutch though my surgeon insists on 2 crutches for 3/12 post op ! Cannot walk unaided or cook a family meal but can do short light household task 15 mins which i follow with rest.
Use maximum pain meds at night to aid sleep and do a lot of this for me.
Wishing you patience and healing .. and welcome to site :)
 
Hi, there, Layla,

Thanks for checking in. In general, I’m OK. Thanksgiving was nice and last Sunday we went day camping at Doheny Beach park. The weather was great and enjoyed the time there. I did spend most of the day on my feet and must have walked at least a few miles. I was a bit ODIC the next few days but no big deal. I stopped outside PT a couple of weeks ago but things are not getting better in regards to left leg lifts. I can walk OK but lifting the leg higher than a step stair, in and out of the car, and just lifting the leg hurts. The pain doc last week said I may have to live with it...I mentioned psoas impingement but he said no way. I don’t believe him as I was dismissed in a matter of minutes so...

Hey, there, Cathippy,

Take it easy. And I mean it. I’m a bit more than 3 weeks, more like months. I pray that you get better progressively because it’s way too easy to ODIC. This is a long term recovery so take the advice here on the forum to heart.

Peace
 
Hi, Happy Four Month Anniversary!
Great to read you enjoyed Thanksgiving and your time at the beach.
Sorry the pain doc was so dismissive. Wondering if you would consider seeking a second opinion?
Wishing you comfort and a nice weekend.
@Wave Hog
 
Happy 4 month anniversary @Wave Hog . Sorry to hear about your pain issues. I think you need a second opinion. I am one week ahead of you on recovery and have stiffness and pain if I overdo it but no problems with car access etc. I think “just live with it” is the wrong advice.

Maybe tag Josephine for her famous painchart and she what she says. She seems to be spot on in most things!

Are you getting any masssage done around the area?
 
Thanks, Layla and Surrey Girl. I don’t know what to think and hope it doesn’t grow worse. I’m going to just go about it until my 6 month with the OS. The PT was massage adverse and I will search for a new one once I get a new referral on February 7th. Until then, I’m going to keep, moving, enjoy family and friends and off to Peru for Christmas and New Years on the beach. I really need a vacation after this year...

Thanks for thinking of me and Happy Holidays!!!
 
Yay for vacay!
Please do take care.
to Peru for Christmas and New Years on the beach.
Hey, that's what I'm doing...NOT.:sigh:

Merry Christmas friend !
:tree:
 
Thanks, Mojo,

I hope your Holidays are all they can be...

Peace,

Wavehog
 
:nativity: Happy Holidays to you too!
I hope your Christmas in Peru is lovely and the New Year brings you abundant love, great health and much happiness!
@Wave Hog
 
Well the massage really helped me as I was so tight. I also use e45 cream and my knuckles and work deep in all around the scar area and also do some stretching.

Peru sounds very exciting. I hope you have a lovely time...
 
Thanks for the Holiday best wishes, Layla. I hope you have a wonderful Christmas and New Years with your loved ones and friends too. Peru is quite a blast especially for the Holidays. This will be my second time there during the holidays. Like New Years, everything goes bonkers on Christmas Eve at midnight. Fireworks and parties in the street. Sky rockets going sideways, booms, blasts, and blaring music. I would describe it as the 4th of July and New Years all together but jacked up on steroids. Those folks really know how to live. I’m sure we’ll be up all night dancing, carrying on, and sharing beer the Peruvian way. That way would be cases of liter bottles and just one glass. Fill up the glass and pass it and the bottle on until the beer is all gone. After consuming, you must shake out the remaining drops in the glass onto the floor and pass it on. I was a little weirded out at first but every party is that way.

And SurreyGirl, I wish you and your family much joy and happiness this Holiday season. I will try massage. I had a great therapist once that really did a lot with massage. It was painful but it really got in there and “broke up scare tissue” in his words. I had a stiff hamstring for years after tearing it in a motorbike crash. After several sessions and deep but painful manipulation, the stiffness is gone. I need to find that guy again...

Peace
 
sharing beer the Peruvian way.
In Georgia, we also share the beer with the local wildlife!
:heehee:
Have a wonderful time...no falling down and going boom!:no-fin:

Have a wonderful trip!
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] How am I doing?<
    rps20171119_115530.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 125

Staff online

  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022
  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020

Members online

Back
Top Bottom