THR How am I doing?<

Hi @Wave Hog, How are you feeling about next week? You are on Tuesday and I'm on Friday with second hips! I'll be watching out for you post op:)

I'm trying not to think so much about 2nd surgery itself, as it will be what it will be, so am focusing beyond the surgery and the future :SUNsmile:

Thinking of you and will be looking for you on the other side! Here is to a pain free hippy future :dancy:!!

Hi @Wave Hog, How are you feeling about next week? You are on Tuesday and I'm on Friday with second hips! I'll be watching out for you post op:)

I'm trying not to think so much about 2nd surgery itself, as it will be what it will be, so am focusing beyond the surgery and the future :SUNsmile:

Thinking of you and will be looking for you on the other side! Here is to a pain free hippy future :dancy:!!

Thanks for the kind words, Alitm,

I’m trying not to worry like you said and it will be what it will be and looking forward to getting this done already...

Peace

:wave:Hi soon to be new hippy!
Hope your weekend is restful and you have all ready for recovery.
Getting rid of that bad hip will be lifechanging!:egypdance:

Thanks, Mojo,

Your kind words of encouragement are truly appreciated...
I hope your weekend is good and please pray for the Borederline Bar shooting victims and fire victims in and around Thousand Oaks. Our family’s house is just one freeway exit or just across the golf course from Borderline Bar and now has been under mandatory fire evacuation since last Thursday. I moved away years ago but my sister and husband are longtime residents. They are friends with the parents of three of shooting victims.
My surgery seems pale in comparison. It’s all to surreal now and reminds us that Satan is alive and must be defeated at all costs. Pray...

Peace Be With You.

That is truly tragic, and yes...our struggles pale in comparison with the loss of a loved one in a completely senseless manner..my heart truly bleeds for those suffering.
I will certainly pray for all affected for the wildfire also.
We cannot have any affect over the craziness that besets us...but it is contingent upon us to do what we have to that is before us....that will make us again healthy, happy and strong.
You've got this @Wave Hog

The best protest against injustice in the world is to strive to be happy.

Last edited:
Thanks for the kind words and prayers, Mojo...

The situation there looks awful. Praying you and your family will be ok x

Thanks for the prayers, SurreyGirl,
That means a lot and thank you. So far, nobody in the immediately family but...
My nephew’s wife grandma lost her home. She lived in a nice oak filled canyon in a known fire hazard area and didn’t have insurance due to the high cost in fire prone areas. My brother-in-law’s best man and friend lost his home and he has two kids and a wife now homeless. Truly sad and the winds are blowing again for the next two days...

I know several people who used to call Paradise, CA their home. Most lost everything and only just escaped. All very sad!

Thanks, Jaycey,

Very sad. The death toll keeps climbing...

On a more positive note - all the best tomorrow @Wave Hog ! See you on the other side soon!

Thanks for the well wishes, SwampHiker. I hope your pain levels are getting better and congratulations on getting through your first week post-op. It gets a little better each day. Sometimes you feel like you’re going backwards with new pains but know you are moving forward incrementally...

Peace

Thanks, SurreyGirl and to all the well-wishers on this awesome forum. I decided to postpone tomorrow’s surgery as I haven’t slept well for a week now and feel like **** for a lack of better words. I think the stress has weakened my immunity as I came down with a sore throat and runny nose this morning. I discussed this with the Nurse Navigator in the hospital and they don’t want me there feeling under the weather. So, I’ll re-schedule to another day in the near future. Perhaps this is the Lord’s way of saying to slow down as I’m also uncomfortable going into this with just about 100 days on lefty post surgery and don’t want to aggravate it more than PT already has. I’m going take a two week break from PT and see if that helps...

If an administrator could please change my Right THR date to blank for now, that would be appreciated immensely.

Peace be with you all and happy healing...

Wave Hog

Will do.
I'm sorry you are feeling under the weather and the news out of California is just tragic and horrible.
Mental stress beats you down much faster than physical stress, in my opinion.
Do take care!:console2:

Last edited:
Thanks, Mojo!

Your kind words and certainly appreciated. Please keep sending your healing mojo. You’re a life saver for sure...

I'm sorry you're feeling under the weather and surgery had to be postponed.
It's best to be safe, rather than sorry. I hope you're able to catch up on sleep and you begin to feel better soon. I'll bet your break from PT will help and you'll be feeling stronger in no time.
Wishing you comfort and healing.
@Wave Hog

Thanks for helping me keep things in perspective, Layla.

Looking back, it’s only 100 days post op. and what a crazy 100 days it has been...

Peace

Worry looks around, Sorry looks back, Faith looks up.

So sorry you are not feeling well @Wave Hog :sad: The stress of the fires is weighing heavily on so many. It is horrible to watch on the news. :praying: Prayers for all those suffering through this all. Sending lots of positive healing energy your way. You'll know when it is time to proceed with Righty.

I love this :yes:
Worry looks around, Sorry looks back, Faith looks up.
Hoping you are able to catch up on your sleep and are feel better soon:SUNsmile:

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jamie
    Staff member since Feb, 2009

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
HikerWalker
Recent bookmarks
Back