THR Houston Liveringer Has Landed With New Hip

Status
Not open for further replies.
Littlejem You'll be so relieved when your second surgery is over. The back sleeping won't be as bad as you think because you're a 'pro' now. Like Elosarabrab said if you did it once, you can do it again and you'll have both of your hips fixed so you can put it all behind you! That's the best part. No more worrying about the surgery or the hips! I like what @ Poppet said - fast forward 6 months and think about what your life will be like then. That's brilliant, it gets us out of worrying about what's going on now.

Liveringer and everyone-I hope you had a nice Mother's Day. The weather up here in New England was just beautiful - a perfect day. I just looked up Mother's Day in the UK, and it's called Mothering Sunday and is celebrated before Easter - so Happy Belated Mothering Day to you ladies across the pond, too.:)
 
Here is my 6 week update~OS says ALL restrictions lifted, go back to work in 2 weeks, ditch the TEDs, and the raised toilet seat. The doctor says I am doing great and very pleased. I had to give him a HUGE hug for giving me my quality of life back and it can only get better for me in the weeks and months ahead. WAHOO..."Life Is Good" Now time for the happy dance :happydance::happydance: :happydance:
 
[Bonesmart.org] Houston Liveringer Has Landed With New Hip
Great update, Liveringer. Life is just going to get better and better---but don't get too carried away too soon!!!!
 
Liveringer...so happy for you!!!!!! Isn't wonderful to see and feel the amazing healing taking place. Only those who have gone through the terrible, never-ending pain and lack of mobility can understand. There is no greater gift than our good health. I am so thankful for the amazing advancements in medicine and to the miraculous way our body heals and grows stronger. Not to be taken lightly:angel:
 
Liveringer, :goodpost: Back to work soon too, you have the summer off also right? I go back to work the first week in June. I don't get the summer off :boohoo: It's going to be strange going back to work after all this time off and not looking at another break again. My sick time and vacation are pretty much used up so there will be no days off for me for a long time, I will look forward to weekends. But it will be weekends that I can enjoy.
 
sandybeach, I am not looking forward to returning to work either. I have had a long time away. My job I work some weekends . I dont know when I will get time off again to go on holiday. I didn't go away anywhere last year as I was in so much pain and couldn't walk far it wouldn't have been fun.
 
Elosarabrab when do you return to work? I was supposed to go back next week but I called my OS and got an extra week. We didn't go anyway fun in over a year either, I couldn't even think about it with all the pain, similar to yourself.
 
Elosarabrab that's being realistic if you ask me. I hope I'm not pushing myself too quickly. I went shopping with my husband today and I had to go sit in the car and wait for him to finish. I'm hoping I'm sore because of PT yesterday and tomorrow will be better.
 
sandybeach You are correct when I go back to work it will be for 9 days then summer vacation. Good thing I am starting to do the treadmill at PT, get those muscles stronger to stand on for 3 1/2 hours.
 
Liveringer What a fantastic report and no more restrictions Wow I bet you felt like you were on cloud 9 Your OS deserved your big hug !
 
Liveringer So if my counting is right, you go back to work Monday? I'm sorry it's been so long since I came to visit you. Best of luck with return to work, and keep us posted!!! :)
 
zauberflöte Chris, I go back to work June 10th. I work 9 days then off for the summer as I work in food service in our school district. That date will be 8 week for me. Yesterday at PT, I did 7 minutes on the treadmill so today went to a friend and on her treadmill I up myself to nearly 11 mins. Feeling pretty good! :yahoo:
 
I know I went back to work quite early but at least my job is sitting and if I felt rough they were happy for me to finish early, don't think I'd want to be on my feet for too long even now. I suppose at least it's only for 9 days and then I guess you get, what 6 weeks off? Look after yourself and build your strength up for that return!! :)
 
Littlejem I will have the months of July and August off go back right after Labor Day weekend. The ladies I work with will help me in everyway if it is to much. I will be able to sit for a few if need be, switch with one of the other ones if standing in one spot is to much etc. I believe it is something I can handle for 9 days. I am excited to see the children before summer vacation as some of them I won't see next year as the advance to the middle school.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom