Guest viewing is limited

THR Hopefully Hippy Recovery

Steady as she goes sweetheart. The blood pressure may or may not be the cause. Certainly it won't help, neither does all the additional stress of recovery and full-time working. Step back as much as you can, get H to talk to employers and you concentrate on getting a GP appointment. Thinking of you.
 
Thanks to everyone for their kind comments. This latest was not an experience I would like to repeat! The NHS were brilliant this time. Between home and the hospital I was bleeding for four hours plus before it was sorted and it was severe. The blood pressure on admission was 200/110 I think. I remembered the 200 figure as it was high!

Back home now and BP still high but much better about 155/90. Seeing GP on Wednesday.
 
Because I had some swelling I took 2 aspirins morning and 2 afternoon and paracetamol midday. Back on ibuprofen again now as so many doctors frown on aspirin
Interesting about the nose bleed (epistaxis) as I was going to caution you against using aspirin and ibuprofen (both NSAIDs) because they can thin the blood which is why a lot of surgeons don't like patients to take them pre-op.
Bp now at 155/88 which is a LOT better than when I came in. The blood pressure on admission was 200/110
Yeah, I'd say the second one was a tad high! However, the first is a bit high but not worrisome. Bog standard is 120/80 in case you wondered!
 
Thanks Josephine..... I was wondering if the ibuprofen capsules were to blame. I was careful with them but won’t be taking them again anytime soon...will see my GP for a chat on Wednesday and probably going to look at salt intake etc and maybe stress levels!

Hip meantime is recovering at its own sweet slow pace but all good....
 
@SurreyGirl goodness me I have just caught up with your thread! Poor you! Hey don't worry about work they were probably glad you didn't bleed over the new office! Get yourself well lovely lady x
 
will see my GP for a chat on Wednesday and probably going to look at salt intake etc and maybe stress levels!
Well done! Salt intake can contribute to your BP levels and certainly stress plays a part. Perhaps you were stressing about your return to work - earlier than you would like. Hope you get some rest tonight!
 
@SurreyGirl get hubs to take you to see a star is born at the cinema. Bradley cooper won't improve your bp as it will go through the roof but he will be good for the soul!!! A really good film in think but I was too busy falling in love with him!!! Thanks USA for this beautiful man
 
Hopefully you're feeling more relaxed and not on edge waiting for the next nosebleed.
I hope you get some satisfaction out of your visit with the GP tomorrow.
Wishing you a peaceful day.
@SurreyGirl
 
What Layla said...and me too..@Surreygirl.
My sister had a wreck on Sunday coming home from Atlanta that left her car Toast...so we'll be getting her to work again today by 8 am until she picks up a rental car.
Always something!

I certainly hope this BP issue is some sort of one off!
Please let us know how appointment goes tomorrow.
I suppose they will want to do some more testing?
 
Hi there, @SurreyGirl. I hope you're doing better--have you been in to see your GP yet for advice and guidance on how to proceed with this concerning blood pressure issue? That was certainly a horrible experience for you, I'm sure, but I know once it's sorted you'll be back to focusing again on hip surgery recovery. For now, I really hope you're taking it easy. Did your husband call in to your work to resolve that so you don't have to be stressing about that? Given that you were hospitalized, they certainly can't suspect you of trying to skip out of work! Thinking of you as I write this, and hoping you're doing okay, and feeling calm and steadily doing what's necessary to get this latest setback resolved.
 
Just to say @Barbaraj its very difficult to see GPs in England. Sometimes they have provision to see urgent cases quickly, other times you can wait 3-4 weeks. Unfortunately things are getting increasingly worse.
 
Last edited:
Oh, wow, @Apricot, I didn't realize there might be a longer wait time for @SurreyGirl to be seen by a GP. Still, I hope that maybe she can get in sooner rather than later. Scary to think otherwise.
 
Any BP/Cardiac issues are supposed to be prioritised here. But the load on GPs is huge and too often patients fall off the radar. I think SurreyGirl said her appointment is tomorrow (Wednesday). I look forward to an update!
 
Hi
My hubby phoned and made the appt for me whilst I was still in hospital. So I was lucky to get in this week. Our spots are only 10 minutes so not a lot of time for a diagnosis.

I was back at work today as I had to be but working from home tomorrow. Still eating cold food and drinking cold drinks as instructed.

Hip a bit stiff and achy after work today but not bad. Paid again for a taxi which , one way is costing half a day’s wages!

Such a shame as on Saturday I was really optimistic - but I will bounce back eventually.

Thanks so much for the support in here.
 
To the person who asked me about antibiotic, the nose cream does have antibiotics in.
 
On the right track with everything SurreyGirl. Steady as she goes.
I was very cautious about cold and tepid food and drinks for more than the minimum time. I believe its to keep the blood vessels calm to help healing. It takes a couple of weeks at least so no skydiving or riding the surf for a while. Good luck at the docs tomorrow. A miracle you have an appointment so soon. Nose bleeds put hips into perspective. We'll get there eventually.
:ice:Stay cool babe.
 
@SurreyGirl
You sort of knew what you were letting yourself in for with the hip op but the nosebleeds were unexpected so dealing with it is a bit of the unknown. I am sure if you deal with it the way we have been dealing with our hips, patience, slow and steady and follow the rules (eating and drinking cold) you will be ok.
Hope the Dr is able to throw some light in things tomorrow and reassure you.
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom