THR Hopefully Hippy Recovery

Hope you can get some sleep tonight. Hospitals are the worst places to try and rest. Has your BP come down at all?
 
Thanks @Jaycey it has and they will send me home with pills tomorrow and then I need to see my GP. This sucks because I was ready to go back to work full time and practised getting in and out of my car yesterday and was going to try a little drive today....
 
@SurreyGirl sorry to hear that you are going through all of this. I hope they get your BP sorted out soon. Do they have any ideas on what caused it to suddenly go up so high? Did they administer any antibiotics due to the nose bleed and your recent THR?
 
So far no. And they haven’t given me any antibiotics. Have been advised to take the blood pressure meds, stay off Asprin and see my GP to investigate further...
 
I'm happy to hear they got the bleeding under control with cauterization.
And your BP lowered. Hope you rest well tonight.
Stay in touch.
Hugs :console2:
@SurreyGirl
 
Oh I'm glad they have the bleeding stopped @SurreyGirl
I am so sorry for this new frustration.
Please try to rest well and know I'm sending you all the best.
:console2:
 
Sorry to hear this. Glad you went to A&E - there is no other course of action.
Hopefully the worst is over now and the inside of the nose will heal well. It takes a while though and needs caution. A very scarey experience.
Sometimes these things just develop; the inside of the nose can become fragile. You’re Same age I was when it happened and also a friend too.
Hoping all goes well and your equilibrium returns. The blood pressure may just be a response to the horror of the situation. Take care.:console2:
 
Recalling a bit more advice I was given.
Avoid spicey food for a while
Great caution when blowing nose for quite a while, more like a short snuffle than a hoot
 
Thanks. They seem to think the high bp caused the bleed. I guess it could have been worse.
 
Hi SurreyGirl, I’m sorry to hear you are having some issues. You’ve been doing a lot and maybe the stress of getting back to work full time is too much. Your body may be trying to tell you to slow down. I wish you the best and know my thoughts and prayers are with you. I’m sure your employer will sympathize with your current status and will let you rest for a week or three.

Peace
 
I doubt that Wavehog as have already had 2 months off before the phased return and things are getting very busy now.

Bp now at 155/88 which is a LOT better than when I came in to a and e. Managed to get some sleep as the ward settled down but that wake us at 6 for BP check... other patients amused that once I was off the drip I was walking around with my crutch getting rid of the hip stiffness as spent most of yesterday sitting or sitting up in bed. Goodness knows what HR will say. Husband not me is going to ring them (a first)...

Thanks to those of you who were wise enough to point out earlier on that the nosebleeds could be due to high BP. I felt bad about going to the GP as meant more time off. Had I done so things would not have got quite so dramatic....!!
 
Your health comes first. Aim towards recovery and getting yourself right. plenty of time for work and the stress it brings. You currently don't need to be stressing. Get some exercise if you need it, but don't over do it. Allow your body time to heal, we all are different and what works for one may not work for you. Listen to your body and do as much or little as needed.
Work will have to understand, no point going back and then going out sick after a day. They say time heals all wounds, we'd just like it to be now. Take care.
 
Glad things have settled down for you. That BP is still a bit high. Please be sure and take the meds they give you. Don't do what I did and ignore this. I ignored high BP for years and ended up with complications.

Have they advised how long you should be off work with this? Are you feeling dizzy at all?
 
Hi @Jaycey I am feeling dizzy as it happens and terribly tired although sleep was ok, managed about six hours in two bits.... Being discharged and dreading telling work as can’t go in today.... Now need to see a GP to look at what is causing this.. obviously I need to take this seriously..

Hip not bad, a bit stiff and achy. I actually want to get out of here and catch up with walking and fresh air. Was supposed to be back working 7.5 hours a day and driving but might see if I can work from home and the office move will have to wait..
 
@SurreyGirl The medication can make you dizzy at first. Just move slowly. Your body will adjust to the meds but it just takes time.

Have Hubby deal with telling work. You don't need any extra stress right now. The priority is getting into your GP to get this under control.
 
Hi SurreyGirl, I think you gave many of us a scare yesterday. I'm glad you're okay, and also thankful Jaycey mentioned to you early on that a nosebleed could be the sign of high BP. It was new info to me and possibly others also. I'm happy to hear the meds have lowered it and hope you're able to meet with your GP soon to get some answers. Sorry you have to go through the process but better safe than sorry.
Work can wait, we want you well.
Hugs
@SurreyGirl
 
Hi @SurreyGirl
Hopefully the bp meds will sort things out. I take tablets and they have made a huge difference.

Glad hubby is gong to ring work for you. You dont need any added stress at the moment
 
So so sorry @SurreyGirl .Just caught up with you. How very sad after your lovely weekend to go through this trauma. I do hope it's just a hiccup in your recovery and you'll soon be sorted. How wise to go to A and E. I'd no idea nose bleeds could be significant. How I hope work are understanding so you can stop worrying at least for a while. :sad:
 
Yes, @SurreyGirl, your focus should be 100% on yourself and taking it easy. Work will sort itself out, it always does. I agree that getting your husband to call makes the most sense. No need for you to feel the slightest bit stressed out by having to make that call. I hope you're able to get in touch with your GP soon, and get in for an appointment to check out this troubling high blood pressure. I am sure you are even more tired being in the hospital where sleep can be so elusive, so maybe after getting out and walking a bit to stretch those stiff muscles and back, head straight to the couch or your bed and take a nap. Take care!
 
Back
Top Bottom