PKR Hopefully half a hopper now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Hopper hope things are improving. I'm glad I read this thread. I'm now 18 days post op, I can totally straighten my leg but can only achieve around 30 degrees bend. I'm due to see my PT in the morning and tbh I'm dreading it. I've had bad experiences in the past. But reading your posts is giving me the confidence to say 'no' and 'bog-off' if it remotely hurts or is uncomfortable. Keep up the icing and rest etc. Big hugs x
 
I'm very slowly getting more rom. I'm nowhere near being able to peddle yet. I'm starting to side sleep - but my new knee really doesn't like it much.
Today I had a sharp pain on getting up from the table and again at physio when I tried to straighten my knee. It seems to be slightly above the kneecap and panicked me rather. The PT said it may just be scar tissue rubbing???
My non op knee is twanging and I know I really do need it sorted out as well.
Hope all went well for you Diesellily
 
Hi Puffin. Slowly but surely things are improving. Just like you! :)
Still got a twang where I don't think it should be in my knee. I'm just hoping it decides to go away!
I've had my great pal from Germany staying this week and it's really given me a boost.
I'm not driving yet but may try next week. I met a lady at PT who was driving two weeks after a right knee replacement - no way was I ready.
I'm walking a little more each day - but just a little more as I find it tiring and I'm not going back in the ODIC if I can help it.
It's awful that you can work so hard to build up fitness and strength before the op and it vanishes so rapidly afterwards.
My friend says I'm definitely walking better and faster than at the beginning of the week.
I think others see the improvement often before you realise it's happening.
 
So happy to hear your friend arrived safe and sound and is boosting your spirit. :) It's wonderful to hear you are doing a little more, a little bit at a time. I've been wondering if you have gone to the pool yet?
I agree that others see small changes in our conditions before we do. My friend dropped in a few days ago. I hadn't seen her for a while and she was shocked at how bad my walking had become. If they can see decline they can also see improvement. :SUNsmile:
Take care and enjoy your friend's visit.
Wanda
 
Glad things are improving for you Hopper just wish I could say the same for me x
 
Well Hopper, how are you doing? Still moving along the road to recovery I hope. :SUNsmile: I awoke with a start this morning when I realized how soon my date is coming.:yikes: Gotta start getting the nest ready soon. Only a couple of more days left in school with the little darlings and then off for the summer. My summer will be one of complete, forced relaxation.:martini: Please let us know how you are and if you got in that pool yet.:SUNsmile:
 
I'm slowly recovering and feeling much chirpier. The knee is very stiff at the mo and I've a sharp pain sometimes when I straighten it but clinic says that's normal so that's ok. If I really engage my quads it's not so bad. PT thinks my quad isn't firing properly so we are working on that. My extension was 2 but has gone back to 3. My rom is about 100 now - with a push - just doing normal day to day stuff is helping it more than anything. Slowly but surely.
I can't peddle yet. I can wait but it will be nice to do a cardio type of exercise eventually. :bicycle1:
I've not been in the pool yet - it's beckoning but the PTs scared me so I'm waiting for the scabs to fall off my scar before I venture in.
My left knee is moaning. The bone on bone is there and reminds me that its now gone in my right knee! The right knee may be stiff, ache a bit, twang from time to time - but the bone on bone has gone!
I have to concentrate on my gait and remind myself how to walk. The PT has told me off for walking like a pirate!
I drove for the first time today. Had a practice in the car park first though.
It's an up and down recovery but I think that's just how it goes looking at all the threads here.
My way you've not long now - and yes it's enforced relaxation. You are much more aware of that than I was - I think I was very naive really and had no idea how it was going to be or that I would feel such despair at times. Daft but I did.
Good luck with all your preparation! Feather that nest with lots of things to do, a nice bottle of vino and loads of chocolates! Oh, and Diana's warriors if you feel so inclined. :flwrysmile:
 
Quote"
New FaceTime drama - nice chat with the kids but this time I saw a different, strange four legged creature zipping around my kitchen.
Not our usual great big hulking dog but a puppy!"quote

Hi Hopper, just as well you spotted it!!! By the time you got home it might have had its undoubtedly very cute little paws well and truly under the table. I am pleased it has been rehomed.
I think you are very wise to wait till your scar is completely healed before venturing into the pool. I was advised not to go near a swimming pool till the scar was completely sealed.
It is good that you are driving again, all these little bits of normality help.
I hope the post surgical blues have gone now and won't come back to haunt you any more. It is definitely a challenging recovery.
Will you have seats with extra leg room for your flight back to the uk in July? How long will you be home for?
Have a great weekend, hugs Toothfairy x :happydance: :SUNsmile:
 
Glad that your recovery is progressing well. A ROM of 100 sounds great :yay:
 
One the best exercises for me and the old rom, now I can manage to sleep on my side with pillows under my knee, has been to try to curl up into a increasingly tighter fetal position.
I think that has really helped my bend and is easier for me than the lying down heel slides. :yes!:
puffin - it's just been very slow but sure for me. I can still feel that the leg has a fair bit of healing to go. I'm elevating and icing each day as and when.
I just did my first sets of big stairs yesterday - slowly. We live in an apartment and that's been a bit of a boon - the thought of all your stairs.....
Toothfairy is so right - once you can start to do some normal things like a little shop or drive its such a step towards normality and it really does feel so good. :)
 
Hello there, It's great to see your life is slowly getting back to normal. Have those well attached scabs decided to move on yet? :heehee: That sounded like I was talking about unwanted house guests. By now you must be very excited about your trip!!
I'm gathering a few things each time I go to the store as my knees can't take long shopping trips. Except for a few items I think it's almost done. Think the warriors will have to wait for a while.:snork:
I'm having a nice me day. It's very warm and sunny,son is doing a BBQ for dinner tonight and my poor abused husband always does the washing up. Ah well, off to the deck :martini:
Take care
Wanda
 
The scabs have very recently gone and the old knee looks much better. Pink and puckered but not as vivid as I thought it would look. I've not aired it to the public but its debuted on FaceTime to those closest. They didnt keel over. :wink:
I'm really looking forward to getting home for a while - but not looking forward to the flight.
My way glad you are getting gradually sorted and ready. It's good to try and chill too - cheers! :cheers:
 
Hopper just catching up on your thread and it sounds as though you're really perking along. I'm sure your anticipating with great delight your trip home. Isn't that a great feeling when you you get your knee to turn all the way around on the bike Just don't overdo it. Take care and I'm glad you're on the mend.

Doeothy
 
Woo Hoo Hopper Im so HAPPY for you. I know how it feels that first rotation. Well Done. As my thread says Onwards and Upwards. :goodpost: :spin: :yay: :friends: :happydance:
 
Went to PT today and the peddles on the bike went around - with me pedalling them! Was I suprised!
Look out robynhood, Toothfairy,Mutley, patbike et al. I'm on my way.
Thanks for all your positivity, encouragement, tips and hints! :)

Great news! You really are making fabulous progress :) Onwards my friend but just remember to pace yourself, exercise gently, ice & elevate :flwrysmile:
 
That is wonderful news Hopper. I am thrilled for you. Thank you for sharing such lovely news. Do take it gently and be very very pleased with yourself, you deserve it!
Hugs and champagne,
Toothfairy x :martini: :cheers2:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom