TKR Hopefaith's Ups and Downs of Recovery

I'm glad you were able to spend the day with a friend. It's helpful to get out and have a change of scene sometimes.
 
I'm doing ok. Having some pain behind the left knee. Haven't moved much from the couch this weekend.


Bilateral tkr on May 19, 2014
 
The back of my knee hurts today. I have been walking my dog a lot more. It also hurts when it is fully extended.
 
@hopefaith, remember slowly slowly does it. Rest, ice and elevate when you get back from your walks. It is great though that you are managing to go out more, your dog will certainly appreciate it.
 
You have probably overdone walking your dogs, back to rest, ice, and elevation.
I am at about the same stage as you, it is so easy to over do, that extra walk or extra trip to the store can put us right into the ODIC.
After this long you can try some heat on the back of your knee, and see if that helps.
 
@hopefaith Hi, glad you are still with us! There are many of us that want to keep up with you. Even if I don't get to your thread everyday, you are always on my mind. HUGS
[Bonesmart.org] Hopefaith's Ups and Downs of Recovery
 
I am icing right now and at least once every day. It is a catch 22, because I am taking a class for strategies for depression and the #1 thing they say is 30 min. Of exercise is equal to a good antidepressant. Oh well, icing after feels very good!
(and my team is playing in a few hours!)
 
Back
Top Bottom