TKR Hopefaith's Ups and Downs of Recovery

Yeah, though I feel like my knee is so much better that doesn't mean I don't get stiff and twingy sometimes. Also I take tylenol for all my other pain, so that probably also helps my new knee feel good.

I'm not surprised that your knee is affected by your other issues. I think they're learning more and more all the time about all the connectedness of the chemical interactions in our brains & bodies. Bummer, though. :console2:
 
@hopefaith
I'm sorry you have been "down", but I'm glad you came to tell us about it. We're here to support you.

I think your knee will continue to let you know for some time when you have done a bit too much for it, or when it is having a bad day.

Yesterday, I did too much (washing 3 sets of sheets as my son and his family left, after staying with us for 4 weeks) and my left TKR, which is 8 weeks old, certainly told me. However, my right TKR, which is almost 3 years old, also said that it had done too much. Both knees were aching. So, I'll have a quieter day today.

:flwrysmile::flwrysmile::flwrysmile::flwrysmile:
 
Just popping in to say hi. :wave:
 
@hopefaith Wishing you a happy Thanksgiving tomorrow!
[Bonesmart.org] Hopefaith's Ups and Downs of Recovery
 
Thank you @tiredwife. I am okay. Nothing new to report although my knee is making good progress by the day. It has been about 7 1/2 months and I have noticed a difference in the past week. It still doesn't feel like my knee, but I walk very good and it still gets stiff but not as stiff as even a month ago.
It is my heart that needs healing and that just takes time.
How is hubby?
~hopefaith
Thank you for the pretty card!
 
@hopefaith , lovely to hear from you. Happy Thanksgiving. I am glad your knee is progressing well. Take care, I still think about you and wonder how you are doing.
 
@Nana moon 27 Yes the heart can take a long time to heal. Hang in there, time will help. Hubby is doing pretty good, especially having a short work week this week. He is probably doing too much at work, but isn't any worse for it. Right knee has a few issues once in a while, but nothing too bad.
 
It's 3.28. I'm suffering terrible insomnia x it's been like this since I had the original surgery. Got lot on my mind about my daughter. She went back to GP to order a Doppler of her ovaries and the docs ordered an internal one. She's questioned my daughter about her bowels x I'm so nervy about all of this. Anyway MaryJean I am going to attempt sleep now or at least try. I'm going out for lunch with my sis in law (her treat) x I could do with out carrier bags under my eyes x x x x

MaryJean did you not see your grandson or anyone today? X x x

Love Ann x xx
 
Gods to see you posting, sending you healing prayers.


Sent from my iPod touch using BoneSmart®
LTKR Sept 13 2011
Revision April 15 2014
 
Hi @hopefaith my friend, so good to see you are back. Hope you did enjoy today. Hearts take longer to heal than surgeries unfortunately. But one good thing is that they both heal in their own time. Just be patient my friend. I am so glad you are back. Though you are going through stuff, your kind words and words of comfort were so much missed. Hang in there and know we are here for you. @Nana moon 27, that sounds like a real nice treat. Lunch with SIL. Enjoy yourself much!! Get some good sleep Take care to you both.. :loveshwr::loveshwr:
 
No, I did not. :sad: My younger son and DIL had to work and my older son and I are in a very hard place. I miss my grandson oh so much and they are expecting another boy any day now. I spent the day with a friend.
~hopefaith
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom