Guest viewing is limited

TKR Hopefaith's Ups and Downs of Recovery

Hi @hopefaith. Glad your knee is healing.
Just thought I would let you know that There is life after TKR.
I am very fortunate that mine is doing great.
I only went back a few pages on your posts & see that you are having some Mental Health issues.
There is life after that also. Great life. I can tell you are a strong woman & hope you get past it soon.
I had Issues pretty bad after my daughter died. Most people say past away but it just doesn't sound strong enough. They called my issues a Chemical Imbalance in my brain. Unfortunately I had to hit rock bottom before I got help. Group therapy really helped knowing that many others were going through the same thing.
To make a long story short it took a long time but now I remember all the good things I did with my daughter & I thank God for the 2 years & 3 months that I had with her. I can remember feeling guilty as I healed. The first time I smiled or laughed & many more things. It's a process & you will find happiness again. I hope I didn't say to much but the people on here helped me a great deal. Good Luck.
 
@ironman60 (I just lost my post to you) Yes, a chemical imbalance in your brain is MDD. Some people have it for a short time. I have had it as long as I can remember. It is a lot better at times. This is the worst it has ever been. There are no short cuts. ( I wish there were) I have tried many modalities for it....many.
I am so sorry about your daughter. I realize it has been awhile, but I am sure you still miss her. That is tragic.
Thank you for your kind words. I have a lot of circumstances surrounding this major depression, so it is very complex.
~~hopefaith
 
I'm sorry this is a particularly bad stretch for you @hopefaith From what I know it seems like sometimes continuing to try variations on treatment is important. So I think the fact that you're continuing to work with your docs on possibilities is great. I'm also glad you feel you can talk about it with us.
 
Hi @hopefaith, I hope things are coming along. "They" say it takes a year to feel back to yourself. If you have other issues going on or other ailments, it is going to be longer for certain. There are days I forget that I have had a TKR. I hit a year next month. But I have had setbacks, stiffness, and pain to get to this point not to mention going back to PT again this summer. Just one day at a time. 5 months TKR is like a baby chick trying to burst through an egg. You still have a ways to go. You will get there in due time. Take good care of yourself. In due time.
 
@hopefaith Yes, mine was a number of things also. Some recent & some buried inside for a long time.
Not that losing my daughter wasn't enough but it definitely was the straw that broke the Camels back.
Glad that you can talk about it. That was one of the things that I had to learn to do. One of the other things I had to learn was to breath when I got stressed. I didn't realize that I would stop breathing till the therapist pointed it out. I hope you have good help like I did. Take care.
 
Hi @hopefaith,
It's been a while since I've been on your thread, I'm sorry, what with trips abroad and family issues life gets very busy. I just wanted to say hello, and let you know that I'm yet another one that is thinking of you even if I'm not a regular visitor here. I understand you are having your own problems at the moment, and life is far from easy for you. We are all here whenever you need support. I hope that you get through this and out to the other side as soon as you can, lots of love, xxxx
 
My knee is,doing quite well. I,am amazed at how it continues to heal. I still very much it is not "my" knee yet, but no pain. I still ice at least once a day. I still feel I walk kind of "funny" . Stairs are still a challenge, but I can do them. A little pain there.
Thanks for asking @Pumpkln
 
Hi @hopefaith - sorry to have been such a stinky and not around that much. I'm just taking an hour out to read through and catch up with all my friends here, and am sorry to read that you are still having problems. Always remember that although I may not be posting, it doesn't mean that I am not thinking of you, and you are always in my prayers.

XXXXX
[Bonesmart.org] Hopefaith's Ups and Downs of Recovery
 
Back
Top Bottom