Guest viewing is limited

TKR Hopefaith's Ups and Downs of Recovery

Hiya Sweet Pea! You'll get there. I promise. I'm thrilled that your pain is less. Although I'm sorry you still have swelling, I would take that over pain any day of the week. ;-) I know you want to get back to doing the things that you haven't been able to for a while, but it's coming. It's just taking an annoyingly looong time. I do agree with everyone's advice. Set little goals for yourself each week. 1/2 an extra block on a walk. Parking 3 spaces further than usual from the storefront you're going to. 2 extra minutes on the stationary bike. Little milestones are much more achievable than one great big one. I know I wanted to smack people that would say I was 'only' 5 months out, but in the grand scheme of things, that's not all that long for such a traumatic surgery.

You know I haven't been around much either, but you are absolutely one of the people that I keep in my thoughts and send good wishes to each and every day! xoxoxoxo
 
@DogLoverx3 I didn't mean to compare our situations except for going MIA at times.:sad: I know your challenges are way different but we do have some life similarities and I relate to a lot of what you say personally.
I am worried about you stopping all your meds. I get the business part too.....survival!
You are very kind. I think of you often too.
x x x
 
Hi @hopefaith, I certainly hope you are feeling better. It does take time and one day at a time. Sometimes I feel like I am going at a snail's pace and then I have to realize that I do have limitations so I have to go slow. The being off meds and the RA has now thrown me for a loop and I am wondering how long I can work before I have to start taking days off because I just cannot move and keep up with the work pace. But I just have to take one day at a time and do what I can do and hope the pain meds hold me. I just pray that everything works out for you. You are such a caring person. In spite of all you may have going on you still have enough energy to encourage everyone else. I think that is wonderful. And I bet that positive energy that you give out helps you as well in the end. Keep hanging in there. I actually have my mom with me today as we both have appts. I no longer have the energy to go to work, leave work early, pick mom up from her day care and then make an appt. at 1:30pm. No way no how. Mom is moving slower with the Alzheimer's and the Parkinson's and I am moving slower as well. Praying that your day and week go well. One day at a time. :loveshwr::loveshwr:
 
@Phil75070 I've been scouring many posts when I suddenly noticed you were not to far from Dallas area if I'm not being to forward as to ask where did you get your surgery and what's your so name did you like him ... I'm very new to all of this
 
Yes, sometimes we do have to stop and think to recognize what progress we have made. I'd say it was probably 4-6 months before I stopped thinking about the knee much and a year before I felt really totally recovered with the first knee. You'll get there @hopefaith
 
@marmora It sounds like you are doing well. Yea you!
Yes, it really is a day by day process.
I have been going to several support groups and it really helps. To connect with others who have gone through the same thing (divorce) helps. (As we all know from here)
@tiredwife how is hubby doing ? @chestnc I hope your day wasn't too stressful. I wish good rest for you between your many activities. @Nana moon 27 you just have a few more days before your surgery! Will be saying many prayers. Are they just addressing the kneecap, or are they going to do more if necessary? You have dealt with so much pain these past months.
I can't believe autumn is just around the corner but the crisp mornings tell me different!
Hope you all have a peaceful day.

~~hopefaith
 
@hopefaith Hope you are having a better day today! If it is a nice day outside go out and enjoy a little fresh air. Hubby is fine. Still has that tendon behind the knee giving him some pain. Has check up with OS today. I am beginning to think that we aren't going to have a long fall, it seems to be trying to turn into winter. I love fall and spring, but don't like summer or winter.
 
Hi @hopefaith! Funny you sent me the note on Sunday. Maybe ESP. At the time you wrote I was in ER getting IV antibiotics for cellulitis. It appeared as a splotch on my right breast replacement and was the size of my hand by the time I decided it was time to go. I also asked the ER doc to please do a urine culture as I was certain that after 20 days on augmentin (it had tested well against it) there was still something going on. Well, today I went to infectious disease doc and she told me I, indeed, did still have the same UTI! I developed it August 1 so it been there a lonnngg time. Untreated effectively.
She did another infusion in office and I will need two more consecutive days before going on oral. Hope it works as it would mean something further will need to be investigated if it remains. The cellutitis seems to be fading but a way to go yet. She hopes the IVs will help clear both. No opening where cellulitis started so it came out of nowhere! I could blame PT as I had it Friday, but just can't make that stretch!
Hope it didn't come from untreated UTI getting into blood system. Please knee, stay okay! Anyone have thoughts on this?
So glad you're going to the support group. Sounds like it's helping. My knee burns quite a bit so I think it still way to early for you to give up on it. Hugs, Christie
 
Hopefaith,
Checking in to see how you are doing, I like the support groups, it helps to be with people in a similar situation. Just like here on Bonesmart.
@cjf1222 hope you get your UTI and cellulitis under control soon.
For your knee burning have you tried gentle sensory stimulation with a soft towel? You just gently rub your knee, rub the other knee too so you know what it should feel like.
Have a good nights sleep,
 
@cjf1222 I am so sorry for not getting back to you sooner. I certainly hope they have found the right antibiotics for you. You have been through much more than I know about! Please PM me if you would like.


I am working hard on mental health issues, which this is not a mental health issue forum (there aren't any even close to this kind of support). So I don't post as much. Right now it is a battle day to day. Indescribable really.
My knee is doing quite well I think, still some quad weakness, but I hope that gets better with time.
I hope you all are doing okay/well.
~~hopefaith
 
Back
Top Bottom