Guest viewing is limited

TKR Hopefaith's Ups and Downs of Recovery

@hopefaith Remember, I am keeping my eye on you!

[Bonesmart.org] Hopefaith's Ups and Downs of Recovery
 
Olivia's been hurting a lot more today. A lot of rain and probably barometric stuff but it hasn't felt like this in weeks.....discouraging!
 
Hi, hopefaith......I'm just catching up to your thread! I'm so sorry to hear of your battle with the therapist, but I'm thrilled that you gave him the boot. Way to advocate for yourself, girl!!! You're the bomb!!! Idiots like that give PT a bad name and they should be sent to flip burgers at a fast food joint.

Great progress getting to wear your jeans. That's a big deal for us gals. I can remember how long it took me to be able to do it.

I'm glad you're comfortable discussing anything and everything here among your BoneSmart friends. That's what the forum is all about. We'll always be here for you.
 
@hopefaith I have decided that alerts can not be trusted, so I am trying to get to everyone's thread today. For some odd reason the weather doesn't seem to effect hubby's joints, but mine on the other hand hurt because of weather changes even if they are still my original gear. Hope yours eases up soon. Have a great day!
 
Hi...thinking of you and hope the knee is feeling better. Did you find another PT yet?
It sounds like you are doing a wee bit better. Believe me, you are in my prayers nightly. Haven't had energy to write a long note. Something still not right with my bladder. I do worry about the connection to knee infection.
PT has been kicking up the fibro. Please stay well. Christie
 
Hi @hopefaith, I certainly understand that awful feeling when that barometer goes haywire or /and precipitation occurs. I have had a bad backache alone with both knees hurting for the past several days. I couldn't wait for Friday to get here. I tried to do a few things in the house, but that is all I got to was a few things. I had to take pain meds and just stop. I went back to icing my op knee again last night. Glad you are feeling better and hope you continue to feel better. Hang in there. Have a great week. :loveshwr::loveshwr:
 
I haven't checked in much lately. I kind of feel like @DogLoverx3 for different reasons, however. I don't understand why I can't do more knee wise. I really don't have much pain, but if I walk very much I get some swelling. I think I should be able to do more 5 months out. So maybe I need the talk I have given so many others on here. I want to encourage others and I just haven't had it these past few days. I care very much about how you all are. Please know that. I am just in a hard place right now. I had a TKR to get back to being active and now I am even less active than before it. Sorry. I am just not doing well and wanted to let you know why I have been M.I.A. lately.
~~hopefaith
 
@hopefaith Okay, here is the talk: You are only 5 months out! It takes up to a year or so to be fully healed! It can be really frustrating, but it will get better. Think back to how you were a month ago, are there improvements? Just try to do a little more each week. We are all here to bounce thing off of be it happy or sad. Everyone has bad days. Hope your days get better.
 
@hopefaith I could write every word you wrote up there and feel the same way. Only I'm only not quite 7 weeks post op so I can't imagine how you must be feeling at this point. It's just so very frustrating and disheartening because like you said, we did this to get our life back. I still have hope it will come, I just wish it would hurry the heck up. My 2nd knee is scheduled for November 4th. I really hoped I would have 4-6 good, comfortable weeks with knee #1 before I do the next one. Hang in there!
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom