@Nana moon 27 Thank you, every day it gets a little better. It is just really slow getting down, but it will get there. It is just frustrating to him because the first knee was so much easier pain wise. His ROM is better with this one though.
@hopefaith Good Morning to you! Hope you have a great day!
Warm wishes and warm thoughts for you are being sent your way.
This is a long term roller coaster and has many ups and downs.
But, on your journey, you have loads of people here on BoneSmart to accompany you on the journey.
I am not planning on any draining or cortisone at this time. I just mainly have stiffness and am going to try the kinesiotape this Thursday as it helped in the past. I just wish I could walk further distances without discomfort/stiffness. I'm a big baby when it comes to cortisone shots. I did do the supartz but they were not very painful at all. (Or helpful)
~~hopefaith
@hopefaith with tkr's doctors are a little leery of putting needles into the joints anyway. I guess there is an increased risk of infection. Hubby's OS could of drained some of the pooled blood out behind the knee cap, but he said it wasn't worth the risk, his body would absorb it anyway. I do hope you find some relief! Hope the tape helps.
@hopefaith I honestly am very familiar with the place you are right now. Only if you've been down that rabbit hole can you understand it. Have you sought some additional help? This is one you can't ride out on your own even if you are alone a lot of the time. I hope I'm making sense. I am praying for you. Continue posting here as you obviously have people who care lots about you. Christie
@cjf1222 You are right. Unless you have experienced this place , there is no way to understand the depths of it. I do have professional help. I am alone a lot. Life changes overnight. It is so very painful! Thank you for your kind thoughts.
~~hopefaith
Good morning. I wanted to connect with you before I get ready for my treatment. I also haven't seen my Physio. In 2 weeks ,so that is tomorrow. I found another C.S. Lewis quote I really like and it seems very apropos for all of us....."what saves a man (person) is to take a step. Then another step."
This sure applies to the emotional aspects for sure.
~~hopefaith
I'm a great fan of A.A. Milne's Winnie the Pooh books. I just found this, and I thought that we try to be a bit like Eeyore's friends. When people are feeling down, we are here for them. We listen, and we accept their feelings.
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.