Guest viewing is limited

TKR Hopefaith's Ups and Downs of Recovery

Today I spent a lot of time with my sister and BIL. They really helped me with some emotional stuff and looking at my financial future. I feel hope for the first time in weeks. I hope you all are doing well. I care about all of you very much!
 
@Pumpkln Knee update. :) My knee is doing, I think quite well. I am only taking Tylenol and I forget sometimes which is amazing to me because I started on high doses of several pain meds. and thought I would never get off of them. It took a lot of slow decreasing. As I have confessed before I have a very low pain threshold. I still have quite a bit of discomfort in the lower right side of my knee where the numbness is which sounds weird if it is numb, but it is very uncomfortable to touch. The NP said that is where the swelling is felt a lot of times. I still ice 2 times a day and more if I need to. That is the very best pain relief for me and always has been from the very beginning. I am so :scratch: as to why that isn't a priority in the first days in the hospital. That would help people SO much. I am going to try to walk my doggie more this week. The former person has come over to do that and I do not like seeing or talking to him. It just brings back more sadness.
I don't know if I even wrote this because of the site being down when I went in to OS because how unhappy he was at my 3 month. Three weeks later he couldn't believe the progress I had made which I give credit to the new PT who looked at me as a whole person and viewing a TKR as a trauma (ya think? :rotfl:) and gave me exercises to treat it as such. I think this has to be my longest post ever. At least it is my thread and one can stop reading at any point as desired.
Thinking of you all @dogwheels @DogLoverx3 @chestnc @Phil75070 @Nana moon 27 @marmora@kneeper@celle@Tiredwife @cjf1222 @Old Texan @Judlepip @Pumpkln
@Ellejay@Quasi @busylizzie @Jozilla @71Beetle @JustJeff and anyone I have forgotten due to my brain not being quite awake yet. I so appreciate all of you. I think I am starting to come out of my deep dungeon. I have a ways to go but I can see the light of day. You all have cheered me on and that is priceless to me...truly.
Well enough! (:
xxxooo
hopefaith
 
Last edited by a moderator:
It looks as though some above got tagged and some didn't. Darn!
@hopefaith If you'll notice, the ones that did NOT get tagged are lacking a space between the names. Only the first name after the @ symbol gets tagged when others follow without a space.
@kneeper @Celle @tiredwife with spaces before and after each works
 
as to why that isn't a priority in the first days in the hospital.
It seems as some are put on ice machines in the hospital, I was given ice packs to use, but they were inadequate.
I am so glad to hear you found a PT who could help you, and made a huge difference in your recovery, allowing your knee to heal.
Happy to hear you are seeing the light of day!
 
Hiya @hopefaith ! Glad to hear you're feeling better (both physically and mentally)! Way to go on only taking Tylenol sometimes! Very impressive!! I am sorry you have to see 'him' still. Can you tell him to stay away? Your dog will be fine with fewer/no walks until you're feeling better (just ask my poor pups). I speak from experience in the not seeing the ex. As hard as it is to go 'cold turkey', it will absolutely decrease your 'getting over him' time. I dragged out a past relationship because I wasn't ready to let go and still saw him every now and again, but I swear, every time I did, it sort of reset my recovery clock back to zero. It has taken all this time since my surgery, 8 months, with no face to face to be able to fully say that I'm over him. Before that, it waffled for more than a year. And a cruddy year it was. Sorry to ramble, I just want you to know that I KNOW what you're going through and if my mistakes can help you feel better, then I'll blurt them out for all to see. ;-) ((hugs))
 
:iagree: been there too, and if you keep seeing him it just gets you spirals down, You have come a long way and that you should be very proud :yahoo:I read your thread don't usually post. You can do this and will continue on to the road to recovery:yay::yes!: :flwrysmile:
 
Hopefaith, yea! You sound better and although it will be up and down, the "ups" are at least coming. As the knee continues to heal, you'll return to more Independence and sense of self. Two traumas at one time is too much. Regarding the dogs, can you have a neighbor help you until you are ready. Even someone from a church or help center could volunteer. That way "it"won't have to be seen again. I totally agree with DogLoverx3. Soooo glad you're doing a bit better. With me, depression was always worse in the morning and lessened a bit by evening. I hear this is quite common. PS-I was 37.
 
@Old Texan I have been reading through your thread, almost done. You have been through the ringer. I hope better days for you and the folks on here that have gone through what you have gone through will be a great source of strength for you. (I know they already have been.)
@cjf1222 My afternoons are horrible....like right now.
@msmechanic58 Did not mean to leave you out this a.m. sorry and thanks for your
kind words. How are YOU?
@Phil75070 Thank you for the instruction. that helps.

~~hopefaith
 

Staff online

  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020
  • Pumpkin
    Staff member since March 26, 2015
  • Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018

Members online

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom