Guest viewing is limited

TKR Hopefaith's Ups and Downs of Recovery

I agree that patient99 has an inspiring story. And it seems like knee replacement IS all about getting mobility back....without the horrible OA pain. You've been dealing with a lot and the time since your surgery probably has gone very slowly. Be gentle with yourself. You still have a lot of toxic emotions that need to come out over time. It sounds like you are improving, tho!
 
@hopefaith
Hope you are doing better. Good luck with the job search. We do get less pain and better mobility with knee replacement. It just takes time (apparently, I am on another hiatus from recovery this week..). As far as your scar, my OT for my carpal tunnel scar had me massage along the scar with my finger using tiny circular motions, up and down the scar line. She also suggested using an old electric toothbrush as a massager. Scar gel was also encouraged; she said that she didn't understand how it worked, just that it did. I taped the gel to my scat every night. It can be reused. Don't know if any of these will help, but they won't hurt and are inexpensive. Have a good night tonight and a better day tomorrow.
 
Hi @hopefaith, I'm sorry I didn't get back to you after you tagged me, I have tried, but I just gave up the will to live waiting so long for pages to load.
I really didn't mean to depress anyone with reporting what the physio said to me about new knees meant for pain relief rather than mobility - remember she was faced with a very greedy lady (me) who is expecting more than the 125 ROM that she has now. I am very active, and would really love a bit more bend, but no way would I go back to the pain I had before - I couldn't walk up stairs, I couldn't walk to the shops, life was very limited. I will take what I've got now and be content (but that won't stop me keeping up the exercises to try for more bend).
 
OMG< I got in!!!! Too bad I can't switch pages as that would end my will to live (thanks for that Ellejay) ;-). I hope you are doing well and I'm going to back up what Ellejay said above. The TKR, although the most horrid experience to date for me (besides actually dating, that is), HAS helped in some aspects. I don't 'always' limp like I did after my last scope. My knee does feel 'different' than before. Although it hasn't increased my ROM, I am still able to do everything I want to do (aside from sitting indian style as Richard doesn't appreciate the angle and bend combination).....please don't take what one PT said as truth. Everyone recovers to different degrees and everyone went into this surgery battling different issues. You just keep up the great work and concentrate on YOU! xoxoxoxo
 
Amazingly my PT said people can continue to gain ROM if they continue with their exercises. This is after practically using the "window of opportunity" argument early on. :scratch:
 
I finally got on my thread again. I get bumped off about every day. I have done all they suggested, but I get bumped off anyway.
@Ellejay I am glad you are able to be so active. That is wonderful.
@DogLoverx3 Yeah, I pine for the days I could sit indian style. I always sat that way in bed every night. I miss it.
I have gone into a deep depression, so I wouldn't know what to write about anyway. I start a new treatment later this week hopefully for people who have resistant depression, which I could write a book about.
@cjf1222 It does sound like we have a lot in common. I am unable to find your thread.
~~hopefaith
 
Hi Hopefaith - I have been using the Bonesmart app on my iPhone. It doesn't have as many features as the web version but it works! I wish I could hug you and take you out for a coffee. This surgery is so hard mentally when you have no other problems. I would like to strangle your ex for his timing. Not that any time is good but to wait for such a major event like a tkr is inexcusable. I do hope you find this new treatment helpful and let us know how you make out. We are here to listen and help in any way we can! Xoxoxo JoAnne
 
:console2: Best of luck with the new treatment. They are discovering new treatments/combinations all the time so hopefully this one will help you.
 
Hi @hopefaith, sorry not to have replied before but I have been very busy and just could not wait for ages for the pages to load on here. Therefore, I have just hopped in and out wherever I was able to.
I need my bed now as it is late here and I am soooooo sleepy.
Will post on your thread again tomorrow when my brain is in gear and I can sort my thoughts out properly and my fingers work.
XXX
 
It is working on my phone better. :)
Hi @hopefaith, sorry not to have replied before but I have been very busy and just could not wait for ages for the pages to load on here. Therefore, I have just hopped in and out wherever I was able to.
I need my bed now as it is late here and I am soooooo sleepy.
Will post on your thread again tomorrow when my brain is in gear and I can sort my thoughts out properly and my fingers work.
XXX
 
@Pumpkln How are you? I don't know if I can get onto your thread so feel free to post here about you.
I wonder how long the site will be like this. I have reported several times what has been going on with my tech. issues. When I try to go to most threads it doesn't load slow, it just bumps me completely off.
@Nana moon 27 how are you? I miss getting onto your thread.
@chestnc How are you and your pain levels?
@Quasi I have posted on your thread and sent you a message. I hope you are well.
@julepip What is happening with your knee? Did you see your OS?
@tiredwife In all this site issue, your hubby had his second TKR right? How is he?
@71Beetle I hope by now your pain is well controlled and you are doing well.
I have missed you all so much.
~~hopefaith
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Hi @hopefaith, at long last the site seems to be working fairly normally, for me at least.

I really don't think you have missed too much as we have all been having problems with loading pages and posting. Like many others I had reasonable success with tagged alerts, (once I had waited ages to get on the site), but even those were a bit hit and miss. I just hopped on where I could and as soon as it started acting up, I gave up. This morning I have been able to use the site fairly normally and it looks as though everybody is starting to play catch up.

Well done you with the increased bend and I hope the other new treatment will work really well for you as well. As for the scar, I have massaged mine every morning from about the 6th week and still do. Like Doglover I had an undissolved stitch that needed a bit of extra manipulation and even now when I have been overdoing things, the very top of the scar feels as if the stitches are gathered up a bit too tightly - prob due to a bit of swelling I suppose.

Me? I am fine and having had a really busy and active few weeks, have coped well. My physio no longer wishes to see me as she thinks I am doing really well now, my lazy old muscles are beginning to do what they should and not complain quite so much and evidently I am now producing muscle bulk - I have images of Popeye! So good news there. My daughter sees the Prof tonight to organise a management plan for her hearing loss and get the relevant prescription for hearing assistance.

That's its from me - I am off to bind a patchwork quilt for one of my Mum's cronies. Lovely lady, she is celebrating her 91st birthday.

Take care @hopefaith

XXXXX
 
Thanks for asking, I am still struggling, and fear it is an alignment problem. I see the OS tomorrow. I will let you know how it goes.


Sent from my iPod touch using BoneSmart®
 
@hopefaith Hi, thank goodness the site is running better! Yes hubby had his 2nd done a week ago today. Got carried away in the hospital because he could lift the leg (couldn't do that for a week and a half with the first) and had 91 flex right off. Well he overdid it and caused lots of swelling and pain, plus we had a trucker friend stop by the day after I got hubby home from the hospital and spent the night. So way too much, I am just now getting the swelling and pain manageable again. Thank you for asking. Now -HOW ARE YOU?????
 
@tiredwife I just lost my post for the second time. I want to scream. I am discouraged by new swelling and pain. I called OS and spoke to NP and he said I need to come in if it gets worse by the end of the week. I really was wondering about your hubby and couldn't get on to ask.
x x
~~hopefaith
 
Thank you all for your patience while the BoneSmart web site has been having difficulties. We upgraded to a new version of the system, but it turned out to have a lot of glitches. It was difficult for the Moderators and Forum Advisers too! The technical people have been working overtime, trying to get it all sorted out.

BoneSmart has now moved to a new server as well, and it looks as though most of our problems are over. However, if you do still experience problems, please report them in the Bugs, Errors and Techy Questions section.

@hopefaith I'm sorry you're still having problems. I do hope they settle down soon.

Hugs! :console2:
 
Hi @hopefaith - now do as I tell you .................................... sit comfortably ............... shut your eyes ................................. as you are sitting there I am transporting myself over UK, out over the ocean, over the US right to Colorado. I am now sitting opposite you and am about to give you a big hug and have a good old chat.
Where's my cuppa? Get that kettle on quick my friend!

Just joking, but wish I could really pop in, give you a hug and help things along a bit for you.

Take care of yourself @hopefaith - I'm a long way away, but I'm thinking of you.

XXX
 
@hopefaith I am so sorry you are still having problems. That must be so difficult to deal with after all this time! I hope your doctors can get you some relief. Hubby is doing good, if he hadn't of overdid it this leg would have done even better than the first, but now we are struggling to get his pain under control (mostly a 4 with 6 spikes) and his thigh keeps swelling. Let us know what the doctors find out! Hope you don't mind me sending up a prayer for you.
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom