TKR Hopefaith's Ups and Downs of Recovery

Hi @hopefaith, Didn't see that before about the baker's cyst. My goodness, both knees hurting along with the rest of our pain that is not good. I hope you find a ride to the doctor. I don't like to drive distance either. My knee starts to become sore when I am stuck in traffic with the back and forth of brake and gas. I have been able to leave a little later yesterday and today due to alternate side of street lifted. It gives me a chance to not rush and an extra few minutes to unwind before I get dressed. I am leaving work early today to go to PT and going in late on Friday morning to do PT. Fortunately I have no problem with work as I have an FMLA in place. Hope you are in less pain today. I remember having a flare a few weeks or month after I had the TKR. It had been so long since I had one I didn't realize what it was until I stopped all activities and just rested and took pain meds and it went away in about 24 hours. Hoping your day is good and the pain eases up.
 
I wanted to write more. My IPad or something is not working. I hope you all are doing okay, and you have a peaceful morning/afternoon. I wonder about our Bonesmarties in Australia....what time is it there @Spider ? I need to look that up and cease my ignorance. Is anyone else having trouble with posting or using emoticons?
~~hopefaith
 
Hi @hopefaith I'm doing okay with posting and emoticons now. Had a couple of problems the other day as the site has been upgraded again. If it continues in the front page of the forum is a contact for reporting bugs and errors etc.

Love Nana moon 27 xxx
 
A lot less,achy today. @msmechanic58 PT was good. I have gained almost 30 degrees ROM in 2 1/2 weeks. I still have a ways to go with straightening, which was not the problem initially. It is a lot of work mentally emotionally AND physically.
hopefaith
 
I was told straightening was the toughest to regain. 30 degrees is awesome!!!!

I was feeling good and taking it easy until the neighbor showed up needing hubby to help. Then I got the privilege of driving my son to his disaster preparedness class. I worked in my classroom for about an hour putting books and supplies away. Hurting again now but not as much. Decided to try naproxen instead of Tylenol and it seems to be helping with swelling.

And hubby decided this was a good day to put the wall covering into the laundry room. My house is a shambles!!! Ugh. In the bed with the door shut to pretend it's not there.
 
Hi @msmechanic58 Are you a teacher? Is school starting real soon? What do you teach?

I am now applying at a home that helps young women get out of a very awful situation and into a safe life. I am very excited about this possibility. I have a passion for the underdog and these women have been abused in ways nobody should ever go
through. There is a vigorous background check, and a lot of screening, so it would take awhile to get an answer. So now I am thinking about two different jobs. I worked in hospice for ten years, and I worked Newborn ICU and Pediatric ICU, so I tend to attract to situations with people who are going through crises. It is my wiring to be with people struggling. (wonder why.....:scratch: ha ha ha.)
Enough for now. I hope your knees settle down. I am glad you went in a room and shut the door. :yes: Is ice still helping? My laptop is going bazerk. I don't know if it is the new stuff or me...probably me. I was having trouble on my IPad yesterday. I will see how it goes.
~~hopefaith
 
Morning @hopefaith you have a great writing style too! Your job offers sound wonderful to me. I think it is amazing to help others like that! You are very special!
 
@Jozilla Thank you!
How are you doing? I know your 2nd TKR is coming up....in October, or is it September. I have always felt you are a very sensitive person and really get the depression/anxiety stuff. I so appreciate that about you. :)
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Yes September. And yes very sensitive to others problems. My therapist told me I transfer to myself what others are feeling and this contributes to my depression and anxiety. I wish I could be more help to others. In my own little way I try to do it here! Hope you have a better day. Xoxoxo
 
Hello all,
It looks like I am able to post again. YEA. I felt so lost when I couldn't post anywhere. I am sure the bugs are getting worked out/on.
I hope you are all well.
@Phil75070 Yes, I know you were saying it was all in your head. no worries. :)

@chestnc How are you? How is your week going? Is the pain a little lessened? I hope so.

@Nana moon 27 I think of you so often and all you are dealing with and have dealt with. Do you know the next step? I know your other knee has been acting up. I am hearing that from several. I think of how much stress our "other" knee has had trying to carry all the responsibility of our bodies all these months.

@dogwheels Thinking of you daughter......thinking of you.
Are you still working on your room. (I forget what you call it) I have a room I am working on making it look very different than before. I am having it painted, and doing some of my own painting on furniture. I am very slow, and take many breaks.

@Quasi Hoping for less pain and stress for you. Prayers.

@msmechanic58 How are you? It sounds like your knees are hurting. I am so sorry you are going through this. It will get better. You have encouraged me a lot, now my turn.....:)

@DogLoverx3 I know you are overwhelmed. I hope you can take good care of yourself and know you will make the best
decision for you. I am thinking of you.

@Jozilla Wishing you a peaceful day.

I wish ALL of you a less pain and peaceful day.

<3 <3 <3
~hopefaith
 
Good girl for telling your PT 'no'. Isn't this site a lifesaver? I didn't find it until 3+ weeks in and so wish I would have found it beforehand, but better late than never. The knowledge and support that I have gained on here has been invaluable!

I'm so excited for your new job options HF! They both sound like wonderful and very fulfilling (and yet, at the same time, hard) positions. It takes someone with an enormous heart and stock of empathy and sympathy to be able to do what you do.

I hope the rest of the taping went well today at the PT. I'm so pleased that your ROM is improving too. It just really goes to show how important the mantra of 'gentle' exercises are!

I hope your day is off to a terrific start, my friend! xoxoxo
 
You are a rock star!!! I have been hurting quite a bit as a result of thinking I was ready to be normal. Today has been pretty good. They are not so cranky. :) I just have to force myself to slow down. Thanks for checking on me.

Any decision on the job possibilities?
 
:wow:@hopefaith, checking in to see how you are doing, physically AND emotionally. I have been praying for you!
Yesterday at PT After my exercises I had 3 more Dry Needle Injections. Boy they hurt while when they are done, but is is quick, and I just feel soreness really bad the day after. I am feeling some results with them though, especially when the knots are so big. I have them from a little below kneecap to top of my thigh. Most of them are due to me putting off having this nightmare of a surgery off too long. I became knock kneed really bad about 3 years ago and my whole leg shifted .. Now that it is straight again my muscles are repelling, hence the pain. In addition, my other leg is getting more knock kneed and I have so much pain I the inner knee and swelling in it, so I just plain hurt.

Still looking for another job, but have been so exhausted after work, not much time and too tired to take on the miserable task of going through internet job hunting!

I am praying that God will show me where He can use me. You asked me before and I forgot to answer, I am a Medical Practlce Manager and have been in the medical field in this capacity for 20 years, prior to that worked in Virginia Beach, Va, my home, as a Financial Coodinator at an inpatient Physchiatric Hospital for the Early adolescent and Eating Disorders Units.

This job currently is miserable as it is a private practice with on,y two Neurologists, (I worked for them for over ten years prior to gong into Internal Medical. But the ACA is hurting private practice, and at this point they are going to have to merge, and be bought out. So I wouldn't have a job come December anyway. My problem is that I don't want.
("let your heart not be troubled, neither let it be afraid" ) all of this responsibility anymore, so I will look for a job that doesn't stress me out so bad, but nearer to where I live. Please keep me in your prayers, as my husband is out of a job now. So as badly that I want to leave. I have to stay until I find other employment.

Please be kind to yourself, and know how much you mean to me and to so many people. I can't wait to meet you! You will have redone most of your house, to suit who you are!I
Today, keep busy, our minds can make ourselves miserable, as I am finding out !
Love ya!
JoAnne

Hopefaith...read the saying in the parenthesis, I DID NOT WRITE THAT! It just appeared.

Wow!
 
Hiya Sweet Pea! Just wanted to drop by and check up on you! I hope you have a wonderful Saturday! I meant to ask you, and forgive me if I already have, but I think you said your PT was taping your knee (kinesio tape?) - do you notice a difference? Does it help with pain and swelling or just one or the other?

I'm so excited to hear about the job prospects go. They both sound like wonderful positions and you can put that great big heart of yours to good use! I know it will help to get back to work and feel that you have a purpose other than supporting every last one of us here on BS. :type: xoxoxoxo
 
Back
Top Bottom