TKR Hopefaith's Ups and Downs of Recovery

Hello all, I am back on!!!!! yipppeeee.
3 days is a long time.
Thank you whoever checked this!!!

@DogLoverx3 The job working with young women (very young) is not a possibility right now. Working with a pediatric patient still is but is probably a month or so out. Purpose. Yes. It is all about that right now for me.
The kineseotape. (spelling?)
It does help. It helps with pain. It doesn't really help the stiffness. I wear it all the time now and look like a doofus, but he**, I wore slippers out of the house the first 4 weeks. :heehee: He truly thinks he will put it on my scar one day. I will desensitize my scar in my own (bonesmartie) time, thank you very much.
I hope you are well. I hope you break this week end is refreshing for you. You deserve it. :yes:

~~hopefaith
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome back sweetie. Thanks for the info on the tape and who cares if it looks weird? I did the slippers and sweats thing too. I think I actually also went to Walmart once sanz bra. I fit in nicely. :heehee:

I found one of the least horrible ways to work on desensitizing my scar was in the shower. I would have the warm water running over it and would rub it with a wet washcloth. As the scar would get less sensitive I would increase the pressure. For some reason, the water seemed to help....

Thank you, I'm very much looking forward to tomorrow and Monday. Rain or shine, I'll be with friends and we'll have fun.

Ah, thank you for the update on the jobs. Pediatric patients are a toughie too. Takes a special kinda person. xoxoxoxo
 
@DogLoverx3
That idea for the desensitizing the scar in the shower....I will try that. It is definitely getting better, but a long ways to go.

x x
h.f.
 
Just catching up a little. Sounds like you are making progress.
Hope you have some great days going forward.
 
I received a call from the organization that works with young women today! I was not expecting it at all. It is quite a drive. I thought it was closer , but we'll see.
h.f.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I am completely lost with the new format. At least @ doglover3 figured out emoticons.


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
Yey for a call from the place that works with young women @hopefaith ! Awesome!

Thanks so much for being a tech wizard @Phil75070

And just to rub it in ........ :loveshwr::wave::wink::yes::happydance::catdance::doggie::froggies::happyfeet::mooncat::reading::snow plough:

I'm off for my 'staycation' with the girls! I hope everyone has a wonderful next couple of days! xoxo
 
It looks like I may be back on finally. It has been a very long few days. No real rhyme or reason to why.
I have been having burning at the bottom of my scar. The last inch or so. I wonder @DogLoverx3 if that is what you have been dealing with. It feels like a hot poker touching my skin at times. This is not the electrical zaps I have. It is different and just started today. :tantrum2:
I hope we stay back on this version.
Have missed you all so much!
~~hopefaith
 
Hopefaith,
Good to see you back posting, with the forum so slow I understand people being hesitant to use it the site.
Don't have an answer for our burning, let your PT know, they may be able to help you.
Been pouring rain here for two days, feels more like October weather, and my knee is letting me know it is unhappy.
Glad you are back :welome:back!
 
My scar is a little sensitive but luckily I don't have any burning sensation.
Yeah, it's been tough while the forum has been acting up. :(
 
Hi @hopefaith ! Ugh, I miss being able to check in on everyone. I hope you're doing okay. As for the hot poker at the bottom of your scar, I had that for a while. Mine, I think, was from the last stitch down there not dissolving quickly. It would hurt when I bent my knee. It went away. What I am dealing with now is a combination of 'hot pokers', 'ice picks', 'pins and needles' and 'electrocutey' (ellen original word - you're welcome) :wink: sensations on the right side of my knee. They come out of nowhere and hurt like the dickens. Some last seconds, some last minutes. Absolutely no fun. Anywhoo, this is about you and not me. I'm very glad that your PT's therapy is working for you and your bend is increasing! That makes me happy. I hope things on the job front are going well too. Although this new site is a pain in my bum and makes it tough for me to check in on everyone, you are never far from my thoughts. xoxoxoxo
 
I got on my own thread again! Wow. I don't know what is going on with anyone. :cry: You are all not far from my thoughts as doglover3 has said so well. I thought at 4 months out my knee would feel a lot better than this. My bend is better, off all narcotics because of how awful they make me feel emotionally. My straightening is almost there. My OS was very happy with my last 3 weeks. (I like him again). But the stiffness! Does it ever go away? When I read ellejays post about her GP saying TKR's are to decrease pain not about mobility I wanted to cry. That is really the only reason I did this. I'd take the pain back anyday to have the mobility I had. Sorry. I feel very upset about this right now.
~~hopefaith
 
Hopefaith, ignore what that GP said, we know they have not walked in our shoes and do not have a clue. Look at all the members who have gone back to an active life. @patient 99, has just turned the corner after almost 18 months of healing. Some of us take longer than others. We are happy for those that recover quickly, and jealous at the same time.
Glad to hear your OS is happy with your progress, be patient you will get there.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom