Guest viewing is limited

TKR Hopefaith's Ups and Downs of Recovery

@hopefaith A panda bear walked into a bar and ordered a sandwich. When he was done eating the sandwich, he pulled out a gun and shot the bartender. The other patrons in the bar were shocked. “Why did you do that?” they asked. The panda walked toward the exit, yelled “look it up!” over his shoulder, and left.
The patrons pulled out their phones and looked up panda bears on the internet. The description said “eats, shoots, and leaves.”
 
@TexasTee and @dogwheels might appreciate this one:

A Texan professor and an Oxford professor are chilling at a conference bar. The Texan professor, bored, looks to the Oxford professor and strikes up a conversation. “So there partner, where y’all from?” Oxford prof. replies, pushing his glasses to his nose: “Well, in reply to your query, I hail from Oxford. In addition, where I come from, we never end our sentences in a preposition.” The Texan prof. blinks once, shrugs his shoulders and drawls, “My apologies! What I mean to say is ‘where y’all from, a**hole?’”
 
What she meant to write:

Dear John:

I want a man who knows what love is all about. You are generous, kind, thoughtful. People who are not like you admit to being useless and inferior. You have ruined me for other men. I yearn for you. I have no feelings whatsoever when we're apart. I can be forever happy--will you let me be yours?

Jane

What she wrote using different punctuation:

Dear John,

I want a man who knows what love is. All about you are generous, kind, thoughtful people, who are not like you. Admit to being useless and inferior. You have ruined me. For other men, I yearn. For you, I have no feelings whatsoever. When we're apart, I can be forever happy. Will you let me be?

Yours,

Jane
 
Hiya HF! Staycation is next weekend! It's actually only 1 night, but we're checking in uber early and then checking out uber late the next day to delude ourselves into believing it's 2 days. Haha.

This weekend has been been lots of busy work and drama (NOT self induced; people just seem to enjoy dropping it on my door-step.....even after I moved!) ;-) We had a horrible storm here last night so today is gloomy and blah. I'm blaring spotify on my bluetooth speakers and making blueberry pancakes :-) Not a shabby way to start the day!

How are you feeling today, my friend?
 
Good morning @hopefaith - how am I doing?

Enough, already ............ just popping by to see how you are and to impart a little bit of useless information on the 'one year to recover' front.
I saw one of my neighbours yesterday, she has been having knee probs and has just had an arthroscopy for cartilage repair and knee pain. She is much older than me but extremely sporty and I didn't want to suggest that she may now be on the slippery slope to TKR. She only had the repair done 9 days ago but was looking good and had just been to the gym.
Anyhow, in the course of our conversation she asked me how long I thought it would take for me to feel properly recovered from the TKR. I laughed and said that my surgeon and PTs all seemed to magically change their opinion once the op was done. What had been 8/12 weeks pre-op, morphed into ..., but before I could finish, she said: 'a year at least I would think'. I agreed.
She had her ankle all but replaced about 2 years ago. Now this is a lady married to an ex- England footballer with the best physio advice available. She said that although she was told it would be fine within so many weeks, although (like many of us on here) she moved about and got on with things, the reality was that she didn't feel or consider it was 'right' and fully mended for at least a year.
So there, a little bit more evidence for you.

Hope your day is a good one.

XX
 
Hi @dogwheels for your sake this time I will use one colour . . . It's killing me.:heehee:
I love how you keep showing me examples of my little rant a few weeks ago....truly because I still think about it. I speak to people too, and by far, I am learning the ones who really are honest remember say it takes time. I do realise there are those, on here too, that have shorter recoveries, so not to offend anyone, I do know that.:yes:
My ex. (Yes my ex. soon) spoke with a man who is doing well with his TKR seven years ago. He said it took him nearly 2 years to really feel normal and like it was his knee.

@DogLoverx3 Thank you for coming by.
Loud music and making blueberry pancakes! Sometimes, when I am coming out of a funk, or feeling good I love to get the tunes going very loud by myself. Music is sooo good for us! Yea you!
You seem a lot better. . . I hope. You are a wonderful person and a strong person, I can tell. :)
love,
~~hopefaith
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Hi @hopefaith, just stopping to say Hello and hope your day goes well. I like @dogwheels started hearing various dates that were longer once the TKR was done. We do all heal and feel in different ways and heal in our own due time. I see that. I have had one day where I felt the knee was mine since the operation. I am at 9 months and pain started right back up and I am back in PT. I agree with what @dogwheels had mentioned in another thread. That every morning she does leg slides and bends the knee just t make sure she can still bend the knee. That seems to be a good idea. If you have other things going on, I can see it taking longer to heal. With the RA I am hearing 1-1 and a half years and my therapist now ways with the RA it could be that I always have some pain in that knee. I just now feel I will feel like a feel. It is on a whole a lot better than before I had the surgery. I hope you have a blessed day and you take care of you.
 
Hello again @hopefaith.
Glad you appreciated my further little reassurance about TKR recovery time. I didn't mention the end of my conversation which I think will also make you smile.

Dogwheels: 'That's interesting to know and my friend will be glad to hear about the year recovery time'. Neighbour: 'Oh that's good. Are you seeing her soon? Did she have her knee done the same time as you?'.
Dogwheels: 'No, hers was done after mine - she lives in America'.
Neighbour: 'That's a coincidence. Is she an old friend from when you lived abroad?'
Dogwheels: 'No - she is a new friend and we haven't met'

My neighbour looked so confused I had to explain.

Enjoy your day - and many thanks for going monochrome for me!!

XXX
 
@chestnc so happy you stopped by. Thank you for your words about how we have ups and downs with this knee business. I am so sorry for the pain you have with RA. You are a champion with how much you do and have such a wonderful spirit....truly! My IPad goes comma crazy, so after this punctuation joke stuff I must be careful! :yes:
We are back in a Monsoon, and while I love cooler weather, it,wrecks havoc,with my F.M. I ache all over.
Hoping a peaceful day for you.
~~hopefaith
 
[Bonesmart.org] Hopefaith's Ups and Downs of Recovery
Hello Hopefaith! I am awake, for the time being and in this world! I sent you a PM so I hope you got it!

I had a Baker's cyst about 3 years ago, they can be very dangerous, I was in Sunday school and noticed my leg feeling weird, when I looked down my feet were swelling out of my shoes In fact my whole leg looked like a oversized smoked sausage.. I immediently went home iced it and went into work (Internal Medicine practice) at the time, and my boss said, get in your car and go see your orthopedist now, I'll call ahead, so I odd and he gave me a shot of cortisone. By the end if the day everything was back to normal, thank goodness. If it is a Bakers cyst you can feel it right behind your knee, and it feels like a bump. It is a fluid filled cyst caused by our insane knees that we've finally had replaced. Please get it checked out if you think that is what it is, it can burst...and that definitely is not a good thing! I miss you and hope you know I'm praying for you!
 
Hi @hopefaith, I can imaging how you are feeling with the aches and pains. Same with the RA. It is humid here and that also makes the RA go coo coo. The super bad pain subsided yesterday when I finally just stopped everything I was doing or going to do and just took my pain medicine and went to bed. This morning as I was getting ready for work, I actually had to stop and take my inhaler. Yes I have asthma as well which has developed over the years after RA. I hope you are not in too much pain. I did have a peaceful day and hope your night is peaceful as well. Wishing you a pain-free night. Don't worry about the comma's. A few here and there no problem. Take good care of yourself.:roseshwr:
 
@Quasi
SOOO happy to hear from you my sis. and friend! Two people on Bonesmart actually met in person @RunA42K and @RestAssured. I thought of us meeting. Wouldn't that be amazing? I wonder if we are anything like we imagine....?
I pray for you a lot, and wonder how you are constantly.
I was told I may have a Baker's cyst after my scope 1 1/2 years ago. It hasn't hurt for a long time. Now both of my knees hurt right behind my knee. I see my OS in a week. I didn't have a ride and it is 1 hour one way and I am not ready to drive in that kind of traffic yet. My confidence in driving distances has been greatly affected by all of this.
Are you still working as many hours? I will send you a message. I hope your non-surgical knee has calmed down a bit.
I love your postings. That Winnie the Pooh one is so sweet and those hold such metaphorical truths.
You are a brave woman to do all that you are doing amidst incredible obstacles right now.

x x x
~~hopefaith
 
@chestnc Yes, weather is so dramatic. I haven't had a flare up since a couple weeks after surgery. It helps knowing others feel pain in weather changes, not that I want you to feel pain, it just makes me feel more typical. Yesterday, I was basically in bed all afternoon in pain and just wiped out. Tonight I feel a little less pain after taking Gabapentin. It helps some.
I am glad that you went to bed. I know you are not able to do that often at all. Yea you for taking care of you.
Take good care,
~~hopefaith
 
Last edited by a moderator:
:loveshwr:@Hopefaith,

Meeting @RunA42K , was wonderful! We had so much fun and I am so excited about January! We both have a steely resolve to "live life to the fullest", and we will be representing BoneSmart as we go! My bib that I am wearing has the nickname "RestAssured" to represent this forum. We are two determined women!:happydance:
 
Back
Top Bottom