Guest viewing is limited

TKR Hopefaith's Ups and Downs of Recovery

I ate Spam a bit in college but can't face it today.
 
Ahah ........... more Python lovers. My favourite is the 'Spanish Inquisition' sketch .............. 'Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition .........' Yes @hopefaith we also can quote chunks of that.

I hate Spam my Mum used to make me eat Spam sandwiches - ick!

Sorry I haven't been around much, blame a busy few days and lack of ************* alerts!

Sounds as though the knee is coming good @hopefaith, slowly and gently. Your new PT sounds terrific and just right for you.

The paediatric job sounds good, too. Yesterday on the ferry a little girl sat in front of us. Poor little soul, she was bald and her head was covered with lesions, she looked so ill and she was painfully thin. But she played with a dog and got some juice and sweets for the trip and smiled and chatted and seemed to be enjoying herself. She was so brave and it really made me count my blessings. Paediatrics must be so sad at times and yet so rewarding.

I am glad you like my " " punctuation @hopefaith - this makes me laugh :

[Bonesmart.org] Hopefaith's Ups and Downs of Recovery


I was going to do this multi-coloured especially for you, but again, I just couldn't bring myself to do so. Sorry!

Love and hugs to you
XXXXX
 
I may seem weird, but I like Spam! Especially fried Spam Lite. Spam is a staple in Hawaii along with that gross poi. Also loved Python from day one on the BBC. A few years ago I saw "Spamalot" in London which so nicely combined the two things!
@hopefaith I hope you can work a bit with kids. I grieve in much the same way as you and only time will heal. I don't know of a place to flee with it. The cloud seems to follow you around until one day it starts to lift. But it will lift. God bless you and keep reminding yourself that "this too shall pass."
 
Hate SPAM and yes, I have tried it. Loved Monty Python when I was in high school. I even got my dad into it - there was a channel where you could watch it at 11:00 pm - much better than the reality and stupidity of the world news :). I still catch myself humming the Fish Heads song from time to time.
 
@71Beetle did that fish heads song have a phrase like "rolly, poly fish heads...eat 'em up, yum"? If so, I remember seeing it in 1973 or so and laughed until I cried. I only have that kind of cleansing laughter every few years.
 
@Phil75070 I love those punctuation jokes. I heard that but it was Grandpa.
I hate spam, no offense. My kids used to buy it for white elephant gifts at Christmas. I didn't know there was "light" spam.
Maybe that is why my ex. liked it. He lived in Hawaii for awhile, OR, I won't say that.
 
@cjf1222 I hear you. Greif has its own timetable, and cannot be hurried, in fact trying to hurry it gets me in trouble. I am working on being kind to myself and understanding with myself. That is interesting that you say we grieve similarly. I believe some people feel things on a much deeper level, just how the wiring is.
~h.f.
 
@cjf1222 - I stand corrected, by my hubby of course. The Fish Head song that we are referencing was from another show called Dr. Demento. It was the same era though. So then we got to talking about various skits from Monty Python and we both started quoting the "Cheese Shop" skit. Too funny! Weird humour for sure.

I don't know if you are a Saturday Night Live fan but if you are google Cork Soakers. It is that style of humour. I have no idea how these comedians can keep a straight face as they do these skits or sketches. In this one, they have troubles containing themselves.
 
Any more punctuation jokes? I am going to ask Andrew, my son today for a couple of lines from his Monty Python days, and he has a memory like a steel trap, so I will get more than I can remember to bring back here. :heehee:

Several have spoken about back of the knee pain. I have it. I didn't before. Is that what is called a baker's cyst? It started after I all but discontinued my pain meds. Tylenol helps some.
By the way @Pumpklin I was so upset to hear about the med. issue you are having. I will come over to your thread and respond there too. It makes me so upset to read you are going through this.

@71Beetle
As always, thank you for your support and your spam input.:snork:
more,
~hopefaith


 
@hopefaith Spam is kind of like corn dogs, just got to have it once in a while. Fried only. I haven't seen Monty Python in forever. What I remember was the quest with the killer rabbit. Have a great day.
 
Back
Top Bottom