TKR Hopefaith's Ups and Downs of Recovery

Hi @hopefaith, so good to hear your are getting on. That was such a nice saying and so glad we all make an integral difference in each others lives with our sharing and caring about each other. @Nana moon 27, you too will soon be walking down stairs normally. With the pain you are having you have no choice at this time, but as my mom used to say...this too shall pass. Every have a blessed pain free day. :loveshwr::loveshwr:
 
My grandfather swore by a fifth of whiskey to cure all that ails you


A fifth of whiskey won't cure you but you will no longer give a damn!

[Bonesmart.org] Hopefaith's Ups and Downs of Recovery
 
I remember my mom saying her mother in law said to rub brandy on a teething baby's gums. She mentioned it to the pediatrician and he said "the brandy would do more good if you drink it." :heehee:
 
@dogwheels Finally got to sleep at 5:15am and got up at 8:30. Just can't kick the insomnia, even though I am tired. Apparently @hopefaith is up with me! And yes, laxatives are my friend in appropriate doses!

@hopefaith thanks so much for your angiogram updates! I guess it won't happen till after my cardiology appointment on August 8 but I still worry.

@tiredwife There you are! missed you.

@Nana moon 27 I did stairs before like a baby and still am. But I'm only 5.5 weeks out, I'm hoping to improve. But given all your problems I think just doing stairs at all is good.

@Phil75070 I think our crawling days are over..can't put that kind of pressure on my knee. I'll have to be childish by throwing tantrums.

I had a quiet day except spent two hours on hold with Medicare. I turn 65 in August, so as of August 1 I can no longer use my current private insurance and must use Medicare. So I wanted to make sure I was enrolled but the website wasn't working, so I phoned. Thus began an endurance exercise. I did finally get through and have things sorted.
 
@Gingiebot, whenever I have to deal with anyone on the phone that I know is going to keep me on hold forever, I make the call in front of my computer and play cards or surf the net while I'm waiting. I find that I am much less frustrated by doing this and the time seems to pass more quickly.
 
I need a change of scenery. Where does a person go when they are alone and feel like :mute:. Someone suggested going out camping, alone, seriously?. Not on here, someone out in my physical/non cyber life.
Not a good evening, that is for sure. I feel like @doglover3 I either whine about feeling down, or whine about my knee. My apologies.
~hopefaith
 
@Gingiebot Thank you for your kind words. I hope you get answers that calm you when you see your cardiologist. It is scary, but I think you will find calm when you really can have knowledge about what is going on.


@tiredwife Good ideas. Thank you. I do have a massage therapist that I love. and a park.....sounds wonderful.
:)
 
Back
Top Bottom