TKR Hopefaith's Ups and Downs of Recovery

Hello @Gingiebot - I do hope that you managed to get some sleep.

I am sorry that you keep feeling nauseous - when I had my TKR they managed to overdose me on laxatives .................... let's just say it was a moving experience that lasted for a couple of weeks and made me feel distinctly yucky. So I can feel for you.

Gosh you really went through it with your TKR - you poor thing. I am glad that you feel your pain levels are improving and hope that your new knee is beginning to behave nicely, and make up for the awful experience you had in getting it.

Take care

XX
 
Hi @hopefaith - how are you doing today?

Here's a little something that I saw and immediately thought of you (not that you are blue and furry of course!)


[Bonesmart.org] Hopefaith's Ups and Downs of Recovery


Hope you have a good day.

XXXXX
 
@Gingiebot I always fall asleep for a couple hours, then am wide awake. Like now....very frustrating.
...very typical too.
Apparently I fell asleep during the above post. I hope you were able to get some good rest.
h.f.
 
I feel your sleep pain.
The fibro messes with our sleep. before the rheumy started treating me for it I would wake up about 4 times a night & check the clock. :(
Now with the tkr more sleep issues. Now I'm finally getting most days where I can sleep through about 5 hours and then get back to sleep again to add up to almost 8.
 
Hello all,
Now that I am down to about 2 pain meds/day divided over 8 hours, I am having more of the all over fibro. pain....not fun.
I still like my PT very much and have gained ROM just doing simple neuro/brain things. (hard to describe) but it is telling my brain I am not in danger and to accept my new joint...sounds a little hooky I know, but it is calming me and my knee down, so I'll take it. (:
@dogwheels thinking of your daughter.

@chestnc Sooo glad your car shopping day is over. That is so tedious and down right boring.

@Nana moon 27 So So sorry you are hurting. I wish there was a way to take your discomfort and pain away.

@Quasi Thinking of you a lot today in all you are doing!
more,
~hopefaith
 
I still like my PT very much and have gained ROM just doing simple neuro/brain things. (hard to describe) but it is telling my brain I am not in danger and to accept my new joint...sounds a little hooky I know, but it is calming me and my knee down, so I'll take it

That is the definition of "Mind over Matter". I truly believe that what we think, we become (within reason). Sometimes the brain is just a little slow to get to where we want it to.

Hope the pain from reducing your meds does not last too long. Was it your decision to reduce your meds or your doctor's?

Enjoy your day!
 
Good morning and Good afternoon, @busylizzie @madinana @ dogwheels @Phil75070 @chestnc @Nana moon 27 @Quasi @kneeper @Celle @Pumpkln @Jozilla @71Beetle @JustJeff @Judlepip @ironman60
I hope you are all okay and I think of all of you so much. I think @dogwheels said it well. "You all have become an integral part of my days." Seriously, I do not know how I would do this,recovery,without you. A few out in my world (very few) have validated the difficulty of this recovery, but all of you have been my lifeline. So,in a word, thank you. :catbutterfly: (I just had to use that icon....I love it)

I went up stairs without holding on to railing for support like a big girl!
My left knee hurts, but not too bad but for the first time I felt the sensation of no arthritis in my right knee.
........and my left knee said, wait for it, :bored: "It's about time, now you do a lot of the work for awhile."
(My right knee hasn't quite answered yet.)

~~hopefaith
 
@Gingiebot
I hope you see my post on NanaMoon's thread. I have a cardiomyopathy, which for me is an enlarged Left ventricle. As I said over there, Knowledge is Power and it really helped with my fear. My heart handled the surgery well.
I am happy to share my experience if you want more of my story. I really wish you well! Also, I hope you get a cardiologist that you like and takes time to explain things to you.
~hopefaith
 
@hopefaith My husband is still amazed at being able to do stairs (on the most part) like a big boy! For me it is odd after years hearing him nn the stairs one at a time (thump thump, thump thump) to hear him walk them noramal (thump thump thump). The stairs are a big step (no pun meant) toward recovery. So here is a happy dance for you :happydance:
 
@hopefaith - I'm glad to read that your PT is helping you so much with the neuro/brain thing! You do sound generally much better.

Sorry about the cardiomyopathy, though. ( @Gingiebot , you too!) My husband had heart failure last year (because of atrial fibrillation) and his left ventricle is still somewhat enlarged. He has a good cardiologist, though, which I think is the most important thing.
 
@hopefaith I'm doing just fine. Even the little light stabs I would get in the knee when going down stairs "like a big boy" or down steep slopes on the golf course are now rare.

I was at the dentists this morning for my usual cleaning (and I took my antibiotics am hour before) and they seemed amazed that at 4+months I was walking without any aids. They practically fell over when I told them I started back to playing golf at 9 weeks.

Sounds like you are doing MUCH better both physically and emotionally. Keep it up!!!
 
I could go upstairs like a grownup at about 3 months out, but downstairs did take a while longer. It puts more strain on your new knee than going upstairs does.

Nowadays, I am back to going down stairs like a 2 year old, as my left knee (which is to be replaced in September) has become unreliable. My TKR knee is now my "good" knee.
 
Back
Top Bottom