TKR Hopefaith's Ups and Downs of Recovery

You know what @hopefaith? I woke quite early this morning and as it was Sunday, decided to snuggle back down and try and score a few more zzzzzzzz's. I decided to use my favourite way of drifting off - namely, what would I buy if I had a humungous win on the lottery :fingersx: I actually thought I would use some so that all of us could have a proper reunion. Now I just have to get that winning ticket!

You're right, in a short time we have got to know each other really well - we all empathise with each other, you are all really dear to me and have become an enjoyable and integral part of my day.

Hope you are OK @hopefaith and enjoying your Sunday.

XX
 
You're right, in a short time we have got to know each other really well - we all empathise with each other, you are all really dear to me and have become an enjoyable and integral part of my day.

Speak for yourself!! ....................................................Just kidding!
 
Hi @Nana moon 27, hope you are well today. I pretty much slept through the morning again. We have had a lot of rain and I think it has done a number on my knees. So I had a bit of a pity party but did not want to share the whine. :)

Feeling better and more awake now so checking in on my buddies. It is true what everyone is saying, you all have been a big part of my recovery and it is a joy to learn more and more about every one. I do say in a year that we put our money where our mouth is and have that in person reunion. Paid for by @dogwheels the lottery winner. There are 4 day spa packages in various tropical places and then there is always Vegas as an option!
 
Hi @hopefaith. Hope you are feeling well today. I did find a success story. I ran into an old friend at the Tractor Supply store yesterday. (That is where us old guys shop for shoes) He said he had a knee replacement 7 years ago & can't tell the difference between the two. Does a lot of Horse riding & it doesn't bother him at all. Thought of you right away. One out of a million ain't bad. Take care.
 
Hmm. Hope, post the photo and I'll photoshop it for you. Then it will be "suitable for framing. "

I hope life is getting a bit easier for you to handle. You had major stresses hitting at the same time. Many would have given up but you have survived and soon you will flourish!
 
Good morning (ish) sunshine! Just wanted to let you know I was thinking of you! xoxox
 
    • @JustJeff That is so kind of you to offer. Problem is I do not like the picture at all. But that was very kind. (unless you can photoshop me out of the whole picture.) :rotfl: might look a little lot weird.

How are you doing? I need to visit your thread.
 
@Pumpkln I would like your input.
I have a new PT that says I am
at a bad bend for 3 months out and that I may need a MUA. I know a lot of people who have asked that at 90-95 degrees my function is very limited (which is true) What is your feeling about them.

He does not believe in PT being at all painful, so I am hopeful about him being a fit.
I see my OS in two weeks and I am sure he is thinking the same thing given he wants me back so quick.
So, I would like your thoughts.
 
When and if to have a MUA is an individual decision. You are just three months out, which is usually long enough to wait. It is my understanding that if you have 90 degrees the OS's are less likely to suggest MUA. Here are some articles for you to read, to help you be an informed patient.
MUA (Manipulation under Anaesthetic) and Adhesions
MUA: the ineffectiveness of early MUA (JBJS)
Roy just posted a thread on post op rehab, he has some interesting ROM activities you might want to try.
https://bonesmart.org/forum/threads/post-operative-exercise-–-the-bonesmart-view.25463/#post-642355

Hope these articles help!
 
@Pumpkln
I took a bath. Back when we were talking about it....1.it was too hot and 2. I didn't feel confident. It is one of my many ways to really feel relaxed. It has been very rainy here and it was actually cold.
I did your idea with no water and behold no problem getting up. Thank the good Lord for well developed triceps which I used way before my TKR to get myself up and down.
I wanted you to know I used your idea and it gave me the confidence I needed. (It's the little things, which actually are the big things)
So, thank you.
 
Back
Top Bottom