TKR Hopefaith's Ups and Downs of Recovery

Yes @hopefaith, I guess that the Bonesmart Deity has decided it doesn't mind talk about shoes, and give their blessing for us to talk. I think I offended with all my talk of rude food! I have just recently been getting tags AND alerts for your thread. Wish I could say the same for other threads that I read frequently!

The nice dark green colour and font size suit my poor old eyes - so I was able to read my bit quite well thank you.

Yes, I bought the white patent Vionic flip flops. I think I will need to break them in a little at a time, but that suits me fine.

I have just got back from the shops and bought NOTHING for me!!! I dashed in to try and get a dress for my daughter in a sale, while they still had it in her size. She wants it for a wedding tomorrow. I got them to reserve one and then husband and I whizzed in. I knew he would like the shop as the items are very 'architectural' and quite beautiful - sort of modern classic. He ended up also finding her another dress, a matching scarf and a coat. Well I actually found the coat and I wanted it, but it was a bit too snug around my posterior than I would want - so I will let her have it as it is beautiful and a real bargain. I have now come home and drowned my sorrows over the coat by having a piece of the Hummingbird cake I have just made ........ and a cuppa!

XX
 
@dogwheels
You make me laugh....keep it up. Love your stories, and expressions!


@71Beetle how is your recovery coming? It sounds like you have had a lot of swelling? Is it decreasing (I hope)
I keep trying to think up a joke, and come up with nary a thing.

@jbucks I am actively looking for a decent PT today. It is so frustrating. I left a message on my current PT's office, (they weren't picking up) saying that while the PT's are good, the tech.s who mainly work with me are not a fit and I want a different type of PT.
So, I need to find someone today.

@Judlepip How are you? Are you walking? Wondering how you are feeling about your knee, knowing you were very discouraged a week or so ago.




@DogLoverx3 I don't think this is tagging you. If I click on you, it jumps you to the top to another post. Anyway, I hope your days are getting better. When is this amazing concert? Sounds SOOO fun!

@JustJeff You must be off climbing mountains, kayaking and just having fun on your new knees. Yea You!

My thread has the "jumps" today, I will start a new thread to tag more of you. I don't know why this happens.
Anyway,
more,
hopefaith
 
I am actively looking for a decent PT today. It is so frustrating. I left a message on my current PT's office, (they weren't picking up) saying that while the PT's are good, the tech.s who mainly work with me are not a fit and I want a different type of PT.

Good for you!
 
Hi @hopefaith. I hope you find a new PT soon. How are you doing?


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
:hi:Hi @hopefaith, you are always checking in on me, I am here at your site checking on you. Hope this weekend finds you well and that the healing is taking place both mentally and physically. I know things have been rough, but hopefully they will get better. Sending good wishes your way for a good weekend. I woke up this am early and had a good night sleep and finally don't feel that total feeling of exhaustion.:loveshwr:
 
@ironman60
Hope you are doing well.

@71Beetle I hope your recovery is going well.

@chestnc I am so happy you got some good rest. It makes all the difference, doesn't it? The one thing I have never wanted to confess on here is that I have had no sleep problems during this recovery. I really believe that has been the one gift from above with everything else going on. It makes no sense, so I believe it is something a little unexplainable.

@DogLoverx3 let us know about the gym. I so want to get back to that.

@Nana moon 27 Thinking of you. Hope your asthma is not playing up. Are you still on your caravan? I am glad you are making lots of friends.

~hopefaith
 
My chiropractor taped my knee with the new "kinesiotape" that everyone is speaking of. I told home not to put it on my scar, but he did. What should I do? It feels horrible!
 
@71Beetle I hope your recovery is going well.

Aww thanks @hopefaith - it is going really well. I am managing the pain, getting my PT exercises in regularly and just feeing overall better when compared to the same timeline on the last surgery. Still a really strong dull ache throughout the leg but no excruciating pain like I had for so long last time. The sharp tight band feeling is minimal compared to the last one. I sure am happy that I got this one done second. If I did this well on the first one then had the experience of the first one now, I would not be happy! I am so thankful to have gone through some pretty easy recoveries.

Now, let's be clear, I have kept up with the meds through both surgeries. I may be singing a different tune when the pain killers stop! I still need them on a pretty regular basis. :chillpill:

Hope you are having a great day!
 
My chiropractor taped my knee with the new "kinesiotape" that everyone is speaking of. I told home not to put it on my scar, but he did. What should I do? It feels horrible!

Well, first of all you should have slapped him for putting the tape on your scar when you asked him not to. :) I wonder why he would have put it over the scar. The way they put my sis-in-law's on it would not have touched the scar (she does not have one but I am referring to the placement of the tape).

When you say it feels horrible, is that because you are having a reaction to it or because it feels completely foreign? If you are getting results from it and it is strictly an an annoying discomfort, I would leave it. If it feels like you are having a reaction to it, I would take it off right away.

Hope you get some comfort soon!
 
@Quasi looks like your operated knee is now the *good* one. :(
 
oooh, I always wondered about the kinesio tape! Sorry the big doof put it where you specifically asked him not to! Do you think it's helping otherwise? I don't think my knee will ever look like a real knee. On it's best days, it just looks big .... I kinda think the implant size they used may be bigger than was needed but who knows. I still haven't made another appointment to go back to the OS to see if my swelling or pains will get any better or if i'm pretty much where I'm going to be. I haven't seen any improvement/change in the past month+. I can now get on and off the floor (as long as there are no children or witnesses around to scare), so it could always be worse...

As for tags, hmmm, nope. I get one every blue moon, so I kinda just try to jump around and check in where I can when I'm online.

I posted on my thread about the gym. I actually like this new gym - big and 'anonymous'. I'm certainly not going to meet my Mr Right (or Mr Right Now) there for heavens sake, but it serves it's purpose.

Keep up the great work, and attitude, my friend. It will get you to where you want to be! xoxoxoxo
 
I hate to talk about this, but I just saw pictures of me at my son's wedding and I could have cried. I should have worn a longer dress, but all I see is "KNEE". Will it ever look like a knee again? I fear no.

@71Beetle It is just uncomfortable. However the lowest part of my scar, I pulled the tape off of and it hurt really bad, I am very pi**ed off he didn't listen to me. The lower part of my scar already had looked a little more red/pink anyway. People just don't get how very tender that scar is. It looks healed, or so they think.
That is one of the reasons I am looking for a new PT. They would put these little heater deals on (which felt very good) but one of the tech.s would place them ON the scar and so I would literally place my hand on my scar and say "not on the scar" and he got very irritated and said if I didn't work harder I "would never 'get better'." So, I am outta there. Made two calls Friday to find a new one.
The tape does feel like it may be helping some.
Enough of my rant.
~hopefaith
 
@hopefaith! You need a PT that listens for sure. Did you like the tape?

I am heading our your way the first weekend in August!




4/1/2014 TKR
 
Hopefaith,
Sorry to hear you had trouble with the Kineseo tape, it is not for everyone. When it does help it is great.
You should have been instructed to take it off if it was irritating. Glad you took it off of the scar. Not listening to you is even worse. Glad you are looking for somewhere else to go.
The tape helped get my swelling down, now it is just irritating so I am not using it any more, and the swelling has stayed down.

Sorry about the short dress, photoshop the knee out!:heehee:
 
Good afternoon and Good morning my friends.
I am thinking of you all so much and am so glad I "met" you.
@Quasi @dogwheels @Doglover@Phil75070 @Nana moon 27 @Ironman @Pumpkln @Judlepip @madinana
@busylizzie@cafecortado (even though you are off having fun. (;) @chestnc@Celle @kneeper @Jozilla@Tamsmom and all of you who visit or don't visit, we are all friends through this wonderful forum. I love @dogwheels idea of a real reunion. I would love to fly across the pond! Skype? who knows. We can all dream, plan, think, maybe it'll happen! Some of you I could tag and others it wouldn't. Please have a less pain, less discomfort day.

x x x o o o

~hopefaith
 
Back
Top Bottom