Thanks Layla - I was getting ready to post and saw your nice note! Thanks to all my hippy buddies that check in, too.
Today is the 4 month anniversary of the new hip and the surgery! I am on the path to a new life and feel 10 years younger without the limp and pain! I completed PT at the lovely warm salt water pool and will be back at my community warm arthritis exercise class in the harsh chlorine starting this morning. I will see my pool pals from the past 3 years going there thinking I'd beat surgery! It did help a lot so I'll stick with it through May to complete the 1 year of healing Dr. Klapper says this will all take!
In this past week I completed PT with 2 pool sessions, danced at a wedding, started teaching my 2 chair yoga classes, made a legislative visit for my AARP volunteer work, cleaned house, and continued to be able to walk Togo and rack up an average of 9,000 steps/day! I did ice after the dancing when I got home as hubs was concerned but he even got on the dance floor with me as he knows how much I enjoy rockin' out! We also made a short road trip with Togo for a weekend a couple of weeks ago. No ill effects from any of this!




I'm still challenged in ROM for sitting on the floor but Dr.K. says within the year I should be able to do that. Too much bending or lifting can cause some low back pain so I'm careful. We'll be cleaning out our 98 y.o. auntie's apartment so I know I'll be needing to be mindful of my moves. We moved her in late April and before we could do much, my surgery was moved up with little notice so we've been paying rent on the apt. since we couldn't really go up to her place and work on it. Oct. will be focused on that!
I will try to check in on my other Bsmart buddies later today. I'm off to the pool for "old home week" and hope to be able to use the weights and new moves I learned in my pool PT sessions! Mermaid time!
Love and healing vibes to all.