Thanks Layla and Mojo333
Yes, 1 yr. post-THR!!! I feel 20 years younger!!!
One year ago today, I limped in to Cedars Sinai to begin this journey and end 4 years of pain, warm water exercise, adapted yoga, pain meds and limited walking and activity! The day prior, Hubby wheeled me in a wheelchair around the King Tut exhibit here in LA. Then, in the morning, I was greeted at 5 m with a newscast about Anthony Bourdain's death. I was so saddened and shocked, it did take my mind off the impending surgery. I recall going in to the pre-op room for prep and next I knew, I was in a hospital bed and waiting for someone to take me on a walker to the bathroom! Other than some intense pain for a night or two, I knew I'd be better. When I got in the car to go home, I said to my husband that my hip already felt better!
Now, I can do most anything I want and ROM is back and pain is gone (except for general arthritis other places in the body! The scar tissue area is still a bit tender and as much as it hurts, my massage therapist works in monthly and it continues to improve. Also, it seems you fix one joint and another wants to go bad or I'm just noticing knees and shoulders now that the hip isn't a challenge!)
Thanks to Bonesmart and my friends in the forum. You all made the journey more fun and less stressful! I've referred many to the site since!
Love, Claudia