THR Home and Feeling Great!

:egypdance: so happy to see your name on the forum.
You sound fabulous!
Lots of improvement yet to come!
Thanks for the update and keep on keeping on!:friends:
 
Do please keep on with the updates as your info re recovery 4 months outcand beyond is very useful. I am so pleased it is going so well for you. It is so lovely when the pain goes!

Can you send the link about the IT band massage please. I think it would help me too.
 
Do please keep on with the updates as your info re recovery 4 months outcand beyond is very useful. I am so pleased it is going so well for you. It is so lovely when the pain goes!

Can you send the link about the IT band massage please. I think it would help me too.

Hi surreygirl - It's good to hear from you. I had a link on IT band from Bsmart but can't locate it at present. I searched the site and there are several articles. I think one of our admins posted it and I think it was on @AnnieRose2 site. I just use my knuckles and work across the IT band muscles!
 
I also echo the sentiments about lifting aggravating new hips.
Definitely experienced this as I got back to the business at the food bank.
Still have to edit myself as I have very good upper body strength but
Too much is Too much.
Also have to concentrate on making full turns with feet instead of twisting turning.
If that makes sense.
A little extra caution is well worth it...:yes:
 
Always so nice to hear from you @luvsibes
It's wonderful to read how everything in your life is slowly falling back into place.
We forget what it was like living before hip pain once it's starts limiting our activity and stealing our
joy. Thankfully for THR you're slowly regaining your life. Thanks for the encouraging update.
Happy Five Month Anniversary!
 
The back pain has resolved! Yea! Just a reminder that I still need to be mindful of my movements and activities! I agree with Mojo also about the precision of turning and twisting. This was a challenge pre-op so I am used to being aware of it but now that I'm feeling good, I occasionally forget! Thanks for the reminder.

I recently tried a CBD coconut oil cream for my scar tissue which has been a source of irritation upon touch and sometimes even with movement. It's been amazing and is replacing the Vit E oil massage.
 
So glad that back is feeling well and you are getting back to a full happy pain-free life!:loveshwr:
Great inspiration for recovering hippies.
Hope your day is a Good Day!:SUNsmile:
 
Yea An54 - I'm glad you are feeling better! I'm doing great at the moment too. It's wonderful not to be focused on pain and the hip all the time.
 
Hi @luvsibes
I hope you had a nice Thanksgiving.
I'll bet you're whooping it up these days is sunny Cali.with that new hip, lol.
You had such a good recovery. Can't believe it's coming up on six months already.
You've been a great example and your updates are inspiring for those following behind.
I hope you have a wonderful Christmas and a happy healthy 2019!
 
Thank you, Layla - I've been feeling really good! I hope your Thanksgiving was lovely and your holidays will be joyful.

I still have to be careful of lifting or bending too much. I'm still going to the warm water exercise 1-2x/week and plan to do so until the 1 yr. mark. I will be teaching just one yoga on a chair class this spring and teaching an academic social work class. I'm getting the hang of retirement now after spending the first 4 yrs. limping around in pain and limiting myself! The next body part to go will get intervention sooner now that I've demystified the surgery process!
 
6 months yesterday!!! I have no new updates as I'm doing great with walking and most desired movements. Even the shoulder pain from sleeping awkwardly on it (or trying to sleep the past year or so pre-op) is mostly gone! It's amazing to feel so pain-free. I do find that bending or lifting can create a strain if I am not mindful or overdo it. It's the low back that is challenged then (I had a tilted pelvis that was straightened out with the THR as well so there must be new muscle work there?!) Otherwise, I'm very grateful for my new hip and looking forward to a new year without pain! Thanks again to all my BSmart hippy friends. I'm wishing you all a wonderful holiday season. :box:
 
Happy six month Hipversary!:yes!:
I do find that bending or lifting can create a strain if I am not mindful or overdo it. It's the low back that is challenged then
I had the same realization...have to be ever mindful!

Wishing you a great Christmas @luvsibes :tree:
 
Happy Six Month Anniversary!
Thanks for the update, always so nice to hear from you, @luvsibes
Wishing you a wonderful holiday season and a happy, healthy 2019!
:merry christmas:
 
It's been a while since I've been on Bsmart. I'm approaching the 9 month hipversary in a couple of weeks. I'm so glad I'm not in the same pain I was last year at this time - limping and limiting my life and sitting on ice/heat with tons of topical rubs etc! I would never wait 4 years again to have a procedure to end pain and restore function! I've now de-mystified the surgery process!

I am back to walking a good distance (5 mi/day ave) and a quick pace like in the years before the hip deterioration. I'm back on the yoga mat doing a gentle stretch and breathe class and continue to teach my two chair yoga classes. I'm ready to do some gym work soon and build some strength, especially upper body. The shoulder challenge has greatly lessened since I now can sleep on my natural side and I've done the exercise my home PT showed me daily. We've had cold and wet windy weather and that still stirs up arthritis for the low back, neck, etc. and the scar tissue area of the hip is still tender and can be slightly achy. My OS has told me to give evrythin a full year so if I continue to improve and look at 3 more months, it should be perfect!

Overall, I feel at least 10 years younger! Many thanks to BSmart and my hippy friends from along the journey. I hope you are all doing well!
 
Hi @luvsibes :wave:
What a great update! It's wonderful that you're doing so well and to think you're still healing.
May it only get better for you over the next few months. It sounds like you're back to all that you love and good news on your shoulder discomfort lessening. Feeling ten years younger is definitely probably more than you ever dreamed your result would be. I'm happy for you and thankful you stopped by to update.
Stay in touch, it's nice to hear from you now and again.
Big Hugs :friends:
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom