Guest viewing is limited

THR Hokey cokey OK

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nope still not getting your tags Elosarabrab and so I've missed all your this weeks updates!! What rubbish news that you are being made redundant, have you been there long, will you get any sort of payout to tide you over? You're still quite young so hopefully you will find another job quite easily, I hope you will be fit enough by then to be able to do the full time work? Glad you've been able to ditch the loo seat, I must admit to ditching mine last week, I hated the thing with a passion!!
 
Elosarabrab !! I'm glad you survived your first week back with not much more damage other than tiredness. I find that I still get very tired, also.
I am so sorry about your job! You said "we" - your whole department, or other people at your level? It's always unwelcome news, but I hope you can find something even better, and soon.
I did not get an alert or I would have come to your thread sooner! Hang in there, friend and "hip date sister!" :friends:
 
Kim22 zauberflöte Peaches LeeApril26 Songlady TeeEm sandybeach Littlejem ByGosh sqwerlie Red Shoe anniemg Maeve anyone else I missed I meant you too,
I was back on the phones at work today. My choice as they said I could still sit with someone if I didn't feel ready.
I won't get much of a payout as I haven't been there long enough. The whole department are being made redundant. Our work is supporting customers who had boilers put in via a government scheme. The funding was cut so no more boiler installations. The taxi agreement was for 6 weeks and then revue it.
Back to doing job searches again :skep:
Littlejem Songlady I haven't been getting alerts to say I have been tagged either :sad:
Thanks for all the support.
 
Was it good to be back on the phones or did it feel a little scary after all this time?? Sorry you won't get much payout, it might have sweetened the pill a little and good luck with the job search!!
 
Littlejem It was a bit of both, good to be back doing my job but still a bit scary after so long away. Lots of things have changed. I have lots of people to help when I am stuck (which is frequently at the moment)
I think I will ask to do 10 till 4 for two weeks then do full time. Then not long before Sept 30th. Hopefully something will come up job wise.
 
Yey I got tagged!! It's good for you to be able continue doing shorter hours if you are happier and I'm glad you have all the help you need to remind you what you're doing!! :)
 
Hi Elosarabrab I got tagged also! I wonder; I just read somewhere that if one put a - after a name the computer wouldn't read the name as a tag, and I think I do that all the time (I almost did it above in writing you!)
I'm so sorry about the job. I hope these weeks go well for you. It certainly is scary being put in a position one doesn't feel adequately knowledgeable about. I send you heartfelt wishes that you get through this time as best you can, and find something else without too much hassle!
 
Elosarabrab. It's funny, I get an alert when you post on someone else's thread but not when you are posting on your own. It must be tough relearning your job while knowing it will end fairly soon. Have you started putting out the word that you're looking? Not sure how it works in the UK. Here it seems much more likely to find work through contacts.
 
Kim22 zauberflöte Peaches LeeApril26 Songlady TeeEm sandybeach Littlejem ByGosh sqwerlie Red Shoe anniemg Maeve anyone else I missed I meant you too,
six months post op already! Where has the time gone?
I can do pretty much what I want without any complaints from the hip.
It is wonderful being able to get up off the chair without having someone haul me up. No crunching noises. I can walk very well. I can bend and tie shoe laces. My back complains if I am standing or walking too long but not a thing from the hip.
This time last year I could barely move, everything was agony and took three times longer to do anything. Now I am fully bionic and getting on with life. To anyone who needs the surgery and is putting it off I recommend you go for it. You wont regret it :happydance:
 
Hi Barbara What a wonderful six month report.Itswonderful that you can more or less do what you want to do now without hip pain.Congratulations !
 
That's great news Barbara, I'm so glad you are feeling so good and your hips are letting you get on with a normal life, it feels brilliant doesn't it!! I agree that this surgery is definitely worth it!!
 
Elosarabrab isn't in great not to be in all that pain? I don't think I will ever forget how painful my hips were but I will always be thankful that I'm not in pain anymore. Now you can go on with life, make plans and enjoy them.
 
Congratulations, Barbara! Great to know you are doing so well. It truly is a gift to have no bone on bone pain!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom