Guest viewing is limited

THR Hokey cokey OK

Status
Not open for further replies.
Elosarabrab woohoo first day of work, so glad your company works on boilers so weren't up to your ears in requests for "my air conditioning doesn't work" repairs!! Or worse yet, being the guy who crawls around in the attic fixing the unit! By the time September rolls around and people turn their heat on, you'll be well into the swing of things. Happy happy! :)
 
Elosarabrab. Great that you are having a good transition back to work, and can take taxis. Having the accumulated vacation is terrific as a fallback. It you get tired when you increase your hours, could you use them to work a four-day week if you need it?
 
I cant cross my legs at the knee yet that is something else to work on.
I bet one day it will just happen on its own without you realising you can do it - you'll look down and your legs will be crossed . That's what seems to happen. Its a happy day when you wave goodbye to the loo seat. :thumb:
 
I bet one day it will just happen on its own without you realising you can do it - you'll look down and your legs will be crossed .

Elosarabrab TeeEm That's what happened to me yesterday. I was changing out of pool shoes and realized I had put my left foot on my right knee. Who else but a fellow hippie would know how exciting it was?

Elosarabrab How is the work transition going?
 
TeeEm Yes they do mean a lot. Congratulations on your new sitting style! You can't quite run around saying, "Look I can sit with my legs beneath me," to too many people. Yesterday I was also excited because I could load my groceries at the check out, bag them, and load them into my car. Can't really run around the parking lot cheering, but I felt like it!
 
LeeApril26 I bet there are loads of past hippies and kneesys wandering around. We should have a secret piece of jewellery or something - like the masons do - so we can recognise each other in the street. You can run up to a total stranger then and say 'guess what Ive just done' without being thought a nut case :rotfl:
 
TeeEm Great idea! I started laughing as I read this. What could it be? A little implant stud in your ear? Hilarious. We could high five in parking lots, on trains, when sitting in a low seat. I love it. Can we have special jackets?
 
Hi TeeEm and LeeApril26 Isn't it wonderful to come across another hippie.I have met a couple of them in the sauna at the gym and more in church I could talk for ever to them but starting to be a little mindful of becoming a hip bore.Its a bit like when you have a baby really it gets all the attention and its hard to think about a anything else so to meet someone in the same boat is just wonderful.So I agree we should all wear a sort of identity badge so we can seek each other out.

Hi Elosarabrab Just wondering how you are finding being back at work.I hope you are ok
 
Kim22 TeeEm I agree. That's why it's so nice to have this site to share all of the ups and downs. Can't imagine telling all this to acquaintances. Would be like the folks who feel they must share their special putt, or just how they marinated every single thing they cook. Yikes. Trying not to do that.
I have not met any hippies, but have met a few "knees."

Sorry for the hijack Elosarabrab. Hope all is well?
 
Hi Elosarabrab - I have not been to your thread in a long time! It is great to read about how you are doing. I cut my toenails for the first time last week. I can't say I was totally comfortable, but it wasn't painful, either! :egypdance:
I hope work is going OK. Definitely one of the pleasures of being back is seeing "work buddies" and catching up with them! How long do you have help for the taxi? I think that's a wonderful idea!
TeeEm, LeeApril26, Kim22, I agree that some identifying piece of jewelry for hippies would be good. I don't care what it is as long as it's jewelry - I get absolutely silly about baubles: earrings, necklaces, bracelets. It was only a year or two ago that I finally allowed myself to get an ankle bracelet, but since my ankle and foot on the op side still swell sometimes by the end of the day, I don't want to draw attention to my ankles this year!
Good progress, Barbara! And I love how a pub pops into your path from time to time!
I guess the place Songman and I are going tonight for dinner might be considered a pub. We have a coupon and thought we'd try it. I'd rather go to some of the places you've mentioned!
 
Kim22 zauberflöte Peaches LeeApril26 Songlady TeeEm sandybeach Littlejem ByGosh sqwerlie Red Shoe anniemg Maeve anyone else I missed I meant you too,
Hi all. I completed the first week back at work. I only did 10 till 2 but I was tired out by early evening and was dozing off in the chair :zzz:
I am going to do the same hours next week and see how I feel. There has been some bad news though, we are being made redundant at the end of September.
On the subject of a symbol for hippies a badge of some sort maybe crossed bones? or maybe pirates already took that one :umm:
 
Oh, Elosarabrab I am so sorry about your job. That's awful. Just when you are getting back, too. Hope something good comes along.
congratulations on completing your first week. Falling asleep in your chair seems like a good idea.

We might have to fight the pirates for the crossed bones, but I like it.
 
Elosarabrab So sorry to hear that you are to be made redundant next month.I hope you find a new job very soon.Well done on managing your first week back You are bound to be very tired and now you have two days off to recover.
 
Oh wow Elosarabrab Im sorry to hear about your job ! That's awful. I hope you find something else soon.
I like the idea of crossed bones. We could have a little pendant or something with little stones imbedded in the end . It would show we had the X factor ! By the way - never heard from those two jewellers I emailed about making hip implant charms. I bet they thought I was a nutter. Now there's an idea ! You could set up an online gift shop for hippies or kneezies with your redundancy money :wink:
 
Elosarabrab great reports-- bye-bye loo raise and cane, and survived the first week of work too! That is awful about your job, though. It's good you've been given time to process the info, and start putting out feelers in the community. I hope something else is out there waiting for your perfectly suited skills :)

The suffregettes wore necklaces with green, violet and white stones (give women votes ) so they could seek each other out in public. We need something like that . :snork:
Especially if the white stones are being carried by a hot Canadian PT wearing red stilettos and eating chocolate, right?:rotfl:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom