Guest viewing is limited

THR Hit the Ground Runnin'

Status
Not open for further replies.
What dose? I have sleep envy! ;) I am surprised by how much my leg still hurts when I am trying to sleep. :/
 
Just 400mg. Two capsules. I had been taking two Tylenol and that helped a little.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
400 mg worked well for me too when I tried it last week. Prior to the surgery I was taking 800 mg, and it did not touch the pain. I have been trying out Celebrex for the last two days. It does not seem to be helping much, but it does not bother my stomach. I will give it a few more days before I switch back to the ibuprofen as I have been told it has to reach a certain blood level.

Your shiny new hip looks great. I have a medacta stem also, although my OS had to use the collared stem version I think because my bone had gotten soft :( from not bearing my full weight...according to what he told my husband.
 
Congrats on your 6 week follow up! Hip looks great! I hope you can take work slow and steady a first. Don't be surprised if you are mega tired. Energy drain at this stage can still be an issue.
 
Congrats on your 6 week follow up! Hip looks great! I hope you can take work slow and steady a first. Don't be surprised if you are mega tired. Energy drain at this stage can still be an issue.
Thanks! Yes, I can still feel the drain in some situations. Luckily I'm not on my feet a lot at work.
 
400 mg worked well for me too when I tried it last week. Prior to the surgery I was taking 800 mg, and it did not touch the pain.
Yes, I remember years ago taking up to 800mg for sports aches and pains. Funny how it didn't touch the hip pain! I was a Tramadol guy before surgery. Tramadol is not a NSAID, just a non-narcotic pain med, but it worked magic!

Hope you get something dialed in soon. I have to take more ibuprofen right now to get ready to ride my bike to PT!
 
You're brave to ride your bike! How far? Watch out for crazy drivers!

I am currently taking ultracet (tramadol + tylenol) twice a day. I was taking it pre surgery along with voltaren, and at the end I had to even add Norco to make it through the day.
 
Wow, that's quite the cocktail. Even though my hip was moderate leaning to severe OA, I never knew I had it until it was diagnosed in May. Therefore I never knew I needed the extra meds, I think I blamed the pain on my running.

We've got super safe bike trails here in Colorado. Only had to cross two intersections to get to PT. 3.62 miles to get there and 3.38 on the way back....I must have taken a shortcut home :yes!:

Now, regarding PT today. Not to toot my own horn but I guess I'm getting stronger. They have stopped clamshells, leg up wall stretches and the one leg balance on the mini Bosu ball. Now I get to do TRX suspension exercises! What is TRX you say? Look no further!
[Bonesmart.org] Hit the Ground Runnin'

I do the bottom left one. Once I'm in the position I do sort of a 'running man' with my legs. Or bend both legs in at the same time.
[Bonesmart.org] Hit the Ground Runnin'

This one is tough. Start standing straight and do squats keeping the other leg out.
[Bonesmart.org] Hit the Ground Runnin'

The last one is kind of like this except I keep my arms straight out in front of me as I lean forward and I get to keep both feet on the floor.

Fun.
 
Even though my hip was moderate leaning to severe OA, I never knew I had it until it was diagnosed in May.

Oh I knew I had it LOL! That is why I was so desperate. My life was pain...just awful. I have new empathy for those who suffer from chronic, debilitating pain. I don't know if you can really understand how bad it is unless you have personally experienced it. I know I did not. The arthritis in my hip did not show as severe until after I had a hip arthroscopy in May to clean up some labral tears and also to see what my hip was hiding. About 5 weeks after that everything went downhill. My current OS said the prior hip surgery made my recovery more difficult. I will know not to do the same with left hip.

I honestly cannot believe you are doing all those exercises! Amazing. I took TRX classes a few years ago before my life went downhill. ;/ It's a great workout. I don't imagine that I am going to go back any time soon though. You're a Beast! And you know I say that with love. ;)
 
OK. After the big day and trick or treat walk last night, I was quite wiped out by the time I hit the recliner at 9PM last night. Legs are a little sore this morning from the bike ride. Hip is ok, a little achy from everything!

All in all, a good day! Awaiting word from the HR peeps at work to see if I can return as cleared by the doc.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
Just got a text from my boss. Cleared by HR to return to work! Back to the grind ;-)


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
It's been since September 16, the day before my surgery!

When was the last time you did something for the first time? Or at least it felt like the first time ;-)

[Bonesmart.org] Hit the Ground Runnin'



Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
That's so funny. I did exactly the same thing! Mowed the lawn the day before my op. Now every time I mow I remember how difficult it was and marvel at how easy it is now. Well done!
 
OK. Raked leaves and mowed the yard yesterday. Supposed to hang out on the street last night, fire pit and s'mores with the families and kids. Too tired :sad: but I knew I had to go to work for my first day back this morning....first day back at work!!!!!

First day back to work and switching back to standard time.....hmmmmm, that's one extra hour of sleep! Got plenty of rest and made it into work with some time to spare. Slow day with good weather and no real emergencies or bad situations. Have a little weather system moving in Monday night so tomorrow may be a bit more taxing.

I sit for most of my shift. Luckily I am able to get up and stretch and walk around a number of times an hour.

Bottom line, back to work and so good so far!
 
Easy does it! Sounds like busy times ahead. Just allow a bit of down time when you get home.
 
Just allow a bit of down time when you get home.
Oh, I do! The wife and family know to expect me to take some time as well.

Realistically though I think hearing, "see you in a year" from the doc really unlocked something in my mind that translated to the hip! Everything is sooooo much easier the past couple of days, it's scary....in a good way!

Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
What I found was each day brought new activities that pre-op had been impossible. Sure, at times I was a bit stiff and tired. But the joy of moving around without all that pre-op pain was just amazing. Enjoy!
 
Wow. Week 7 is coming to a close. Went back to work this week. Part-time with 4 days of 6 hour shifts instead of 10 hours. I'll do this for another week then return full-time.

So far, so good. I sit mostly and am able to get up, stretch and walk around as needed. Felt pretty good.

In other news, I had PT today, one session next next week. Pretty sore tonight. Maybe the 13 mile bike ride has something to do with that ;-)

Also, got an email from my health insurance company today reminding me to look at my recent activity. I was very surprised at the total $$$$ for my THR!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom