THR Hit the Ground Runnin'

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been wondering how you were getting on at work. Thanks for the update. Sounds like you are coping well. PT and bike ride + return to work = mega tired! Easy does it. Hope your bill didn't cause major trauma! I am constantly astounded at how much healthcare in the US costs.
 
You are really trucking along inthebeginning, don't forget to take some down time over the weekend to recover :)
 
Jaycey, luckily I still have pretty good insurance with a $500 in-patient copay.

Poppet, don't worry about me! I have plans this weekend! ;-)


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
The cost is in that expensive piece of new kit they gave you!
 
Oh, Poppet! Nothing too exciting. My son's football has their end of year party tonite. A few adult beverages with the parents while the boys run themselves out! I got a head start with my kids on a 7.5 mile bike ride to a local park this afternoon!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
Hey mate sounds like you are still doing really well I am pleased for you. Jealous of all the biking you are doing, weather too bad here to get out so mine is all static . Great to hear you are back at work, you soon forget that you have been away for 6 weeks!

Keep up the good work
 
[Bonesmart.org] Hit the Ground Runnin'
[Bonesmart.org] Hit the Ground Runnin'
[Bonesmart.org] Hit the Ground Runnin'

17.11 miles on the bike today, longest ride in a long time. Beautiful 60 degree Colorado day!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
Well, tomorrow the 17th is my 2 month hipaversary! Just rode the bike to my last PT session. ;-)

They are very pleased with how far I improved in my 6 weeks with them. For my final act today I decided to really try out the legs on the leg press, not this 60 pound stuff! I did my 2 sets of 10, single leg with 50 pounds then one set of 8, both legs with my weight (230 pounds)!

After all the exercises, the therapist had me lying on my stomach. Left (good) leg straight and right knee bent with foot over the back of the left knee. She was manipulating some deep stuff on the back kind of IT band area. I was feeling a little pressure around my kneecap... I've felt this before. All of a sudden, from inside/ below my kneecap around and up the IT path, thee was this 'POP'! She looked at me like," was that good?"

I have to say it was! I got up and walked around for a minute and it felt really good. Her final act may have been releasing whatever has been in my knee for weeks!

No more PT!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
6.35 miles on the elliptical yesterday. Felt good. I am on my way to an elliptical marathon by my six month hipaversary!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
Just checking in on you ITB and as expected you are doing very well. Sounds you are well on your way to living again. Well done!
 
@jaycey~ Hi! Thanks for stopping by my little corner of BS. I am having a great time in recovery now as you have seen. Not really recovery as much as simply resuming normal activities and work. My only real issue now, and it's not much of an issue, is after about 2-3 hours in the vehicles at work, the first few steps are a little tight in the hip when I step out. It loosens up in a quick minute and I'm back to normal.

Other than that, I'm looking forward to testing the weight bearing capacity after a big Thanksgiving meal later today!
 
That tightness will eventually ease. You are still in healing mode despite being released and back to work. Enjoy your turkey day!
 
Tightness is slowly getting better! Actually carried my two kids upstairs to bed last night...at the same time :-) Haven't done that for a long time.

In other news, we are getting resady for an Arctic blast here in Denver. It's already swooping down from the northwest. Temp reached mid 60's yesterday, looking for 50 today. Then the bottom drops out. High of 9 tomorrow, 8 (-13C) on Thursday and finally all the way up to 12 (-11C) on Friday! With the cold, we're also expecting between 3-7 inches of snow! I guess I'll find out if the cold affects the new hip very soon!
 
The calm before the storm, looking west from my office at sunrise.
[Bonesmart.org] Hit the Ground Runnin'



Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom