THR Hit the Ground Runnin'

Status
Not open for further replies.
So sorry about your kitty. She is waiting for you on the Rainbow Bridge and no longer in any pain. I'm sure you and your family have many happy memories.
 
[Bonesmart.org] Hit the Ground Runnin'
Hope you and yours have had a wonderful Christmas holiday with lots of family fellowship and sharing of gifts and lots of good food to eat.


I’ll be looking for you at the BoneSmart annual New Year’s Party. It’s been a very eventful year for most of us---and will be a very eventful year coming up for others of us looking forward to surgery in the new year.


Remember to bring food and drink to share---and pictures are always appreciated and loads of fun to share.


SEE YOU AT THE PARTY!!!!!
[Bonesmart.org] Hit the Ground Runnin'
bottomshollow
 
Thanks everyone for the thoughts and wishes for Money. Meanwhile, my hip is not on my mind today. Today I celebrate an anniversary of something bigger than a hip, the loss of a pet, heck bigger than almost everything.

10 years ago today I had a heart attack.
[Bonesmart.org] Hit the Ground Runnin'

I feel great!
 
Great to hear@inthebeginning that you feel great....10 years after your heart attack...such good news. Sorry about your gorgeous cat, money. Losing a furry friend is horrible. I've not had cats but two beautiful 'lassie ' collie dogs who have passed on. God..how I miss them. Congrats on your anniversary! Chrissie xxx


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart®
 
Hey @inthebeggining how you been bro?I had to dig all the way out to page 4 to find your thread,that can only mean good things,like life is being lived.How's the Colorado winter treating you?Just wanted to touch base with you while I have the opportunity.Peace out man.
 
Hey @Roofmaster, thanks for checking in! Life is life... Work, play with the kids, go to bed and repeat! It's great watching the little ones grow and become little people!
Just did 8 miles on the elliptical this morning, still training for a marathon by my 6 month hippaversary!

Stay warm and safe! Go Broncos!
 
Had my first dental appointment post-THR the other day. Just a simple check-up and cleaning but thank goodness they called to remind me to call the OS and take some antibiotics. I had completely forgotten that requirement!

Other than that, all good here. A little popping (no pain) during one certain part of my stride. Gonna give it a little more time, I'm thinking a bit more strengthening ought to do it. It feels like a tendon or ligament trying to find its home.
 
I had a goal to run a marathon on my six month hippaversary. I accomplished that goal today, three days why of the date!
[Bonesmart.org] Hit the Ground Runnin'

Hip felt great!
 
Just posted this over in Badges but wanted to out it in here as well!

Today is my Medacta hip's first birthday! I had an anterior RTHR done on 9/17/13.
It's been a good year! Quick recovery, back to work in 6 weeks, ran a marathon on an elliptical around 6 months post-surgery, and now I'm back to helping out coaching my 11 year old son's football team!

If you haven't had your hip done yet and are waiting.....don't! Get it done if you can, it will change your life ;-)



Sent via carrier pigeon
 
So glad your carrier pigeon arrived at BoneSmart with this great news :rotfl:!!! It always makes me smile to read posts like yours. It's so great to hear people getting their life back with the help of their new joints.
 
I have been wondering how you were getting on @inthebeginning . Great to hear you are getting on with living again. Thanks for the update!
 
Thank all! None of this would be as happy and shiny without BS!

You all were the engine that brought me to the light at the end of the tunnel! And I'm not looking back ;-)


Sent via carrier pigeon
 
I see the doc tomorrow for my one year follow-up. I plan to tell him the new hip didn't fix my golf slice!


Sent via carrier pigeon
 
:rotfl: Maybe you can get a little rebate then......
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom