THR Hit the Ground Runnin'

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can just see your pt standing over you with her whip. ;)
 
Not far from the truth! She has all manner of straps, bands and other torture devices ;-)


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
Kind if a little test today. Going to the Denver Broncos football game with my son. 3-4 hours in a stadium seat with a few breaks to get up.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
Hi -@inthebeginning. Glad to see nothing's changed with you and that you are still on fire!!!!! With your recovery

I love my PT sessions too.....they work on your butt quite a bit don't they???

Keep up the good work and I hope you survive the stadium...I find sitting like that worse than walking at the moment
 
Here we are...Monday. The football game was great yesterday. The Broncos went into the locker room at halftime down 7-7. Redskins came out and scored 2 quick touchdowns to go up 21-7 early in the third quarter. Broncos scored 38 unanswered points to win 45-21!

As we are walking out, it's like the tube at rush hour! We have to walk about a half-mile to meet my wife and daughter at the pick-up location. My little guy is almost getting stepped on by the throngs of humanity all around us. I actually put him on my shoulders for a few minutes until we got to a less crowded area!

Feeling groovy today. Cold weather system coming in the next couple of days with a little chance for some white stuff. Always seems to snow right around Halloween here in CO.

Six week check-up with the OS on Wed. and six month check-up with the cardiologist on Thu. PT Tue. and Thu. as well...busy week, sort of. Going to have the OS sign the return to work paperwork this week barring any restrictions he may have. Don't think there will be any. I will try for a reduced schedule for two weeks to get my feet wet. I sit most of the time in either a vehicle or at a desk. I work 4/10 hour days each week. I'll try 5-6 hour shifts the first two weeks then a full return on Nov. 17 which will be the 8 week mark.

Happy Monday!
 
You are just soaring along! I take it the football game was a non event as far as your hip recovery! And all that extra weight on your shoulders too! Not that your little guy is that heavy, but I am very cautious about how much weight I pick up. My dog weighs about 13 pounds and I am even careful about her...LOL...and grocery bags etc. My hip can still feel the extra weight so I am quite impressed with your feat. :egypdance:
 
Yes, the game was in fact a non-event. I had taken my son to the opening day game on Sep. 5, a week and a half before surgery. I was in great pain for that game and was very restless.

Last night was very comfortable in comparison ;-)


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
Hi bud.Did you notice when you were at the game how much more attentive you were and how much more in tune you were to the pleasures of life?That to me is the best part of this transformation.I seen what you wrote on Calikats post about asking your Doc. for permission to ride your real bike.I took that into my own hands little over a week ago and started road bicycling and tearing up the local cranberry bogs like a mental patient on my mountain bike.Once in a while I suffer from a case of the what ifs,then I tone it down a bit.Jump in head first bro,that little element of danger makes it more fun.What your doctor dont know...Give it a whirl.Lovin life.Somebody wipe this silly smile off my face.Peace.
 
That is so great that you could carry your son and are ready for work inthebeginning

You are doing so great!!!!!!
 
hey inthebeginning just read your posts you certainly sound like you are doing really well. I love the picture of all the muscles around the hip and down the leg, makes you realise why, after doing your PT exercises, you ache in these little places you didn't realise you had muscles in:)

I turned down tickets for Rugby Union England V Australia this Saturday as I didn't think I would be able to sit in Twickenham stadium seating for 2 hrs. Think I missed out as sitting really does not seem to be a problem. Ah well just have to watch it from the comfort of the local pub as England kick butt Vetgirl:yay:

Keep going with the stairs, it was great doing them properly again now almost running up them, good exercise too.

Great progress!!
 
That's a shame Bletch. U at least you won't see England's loss first hand!!!! :cry: :cry: :cry:

I had I give up 1 direction with my daughter (she still went with friends) for the same reason
 
Bletch, too bad you'll miss the match. I'm sure you could have done it. Otherwise it looks like you're doing fine, great news!

My PT had her elbow all over the front of my leg yesterday! Seems that the stuff in the back has straightened out and now the front needs attention!

Note: My Vastus Lateralis aren't that big....yet :)
 
I sit in my car after seeing my doc for the 6 week.

Back to work on Sunday 6 hours for the first two weeks. Full-time 10 hour shifts on Nov 17th, that's the 8 week mark.

I can ride my bike and resume about everything's want! I have to see him in a year. He says the left has a little FAI bump towards the outside but still good space around the head so shouldn't be a problem. But you never know.. As long as I won't be running anymore and pounding that joint I should be fine.

He also said that when/if I ever need a revision he would go in from the front via anterior again! Hip hip hooray! Hopefully that is 20 years away at least!

Last but not least, please let me introduce you to my new hip.
[Bonesmart.org] Hit the Ground Runnin'



Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
Thanks all! Some other news to report this AM.

I don't normally take NSAIDS because of some of the meds I have been on since my heart attack. Now please realize I am in no danger of anything. In fact, every 6 month check-up with my cardiologist is stellar! She calls me her 'poster child' ;-)

She has told me in the past that I should stay away from NSAIDS, but if I do take them to take an acid reducer first. She's more worried about my stomach. So, I've been taking Tylenol since released 6 weeks ago for pain. I decided on a whim last night to try Advil with a generic acid reducer.

Best. Sleep. Ever.

:happydance:

P.S. I'm going to ride my bike to PT today ;-)

Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom