THR hipster333 is in recovery<

I did sneak down when I got better maneuvering, but down was easier than up...and no hand rails.
So I got caught by hubby three hours later stuck sitting in uncomfortable chair til he got home.
Big trouble. Try to be behave.
 
Hey @hipster333, don’t worry about walker. I pushed trying to use cane exclusively this weekend and went to quick. I’m backing off and slowing it down a bit. With the swelling I’ve still got going on, cane all the time is too much. I know I’ll be off everything in a short period of time. Doctor doesn't give discounts or special awards for being quick. Our bodies are all different. We’ll be walking unassisted for the Easter parade!
 
Thanks for the reminder @MamaT. I need to be kinder to myself. I went for a longer walk today than yesterday and could really still feel the swelling in my knees and thighs. It felt glorious to be out there though (even with the drizzle). :happydance:Taking some quiet time tonight to elevate and ice. Hope you're enjoying your evening!
 
@Mireille see the OS tomorrow to get the staples out, etc. Scared! :scary:

I think I may have overdone it a bit today. Went for a walk this morning and one tonight. The kitchen was driving me crazy so I washed the dishes that were in there and scrubbed the sink and the counters. Tired now and am having a weird spasm at the base of my spine. Think I'll just take it easy and ice for the rest of the night. I'll let you know how it goes tomorrow. Part of me is excited about finally getting these staples in and the other part is so tired of being in pain that I don't want anymore.
 
Don't be afraid! @hipster333
I just read somewhere, Jackie222 (maybe?) that the staple removal doesn't hurt.
I didn't have them but I know I've read it's not bad.
If you feel your pain could be better managed, talk to your OS about it tomorrow and he / she
may adjust meds for you. I'll bet you learn tomorrow when it's okay for you to begin driving again.
That was the one thing I wanted to hear at my first visit.....Freedom! :driver:
Good luck at your appt tomorrow.
 
Shedding that Frankenstein look today!
Another step on the getting well journey.
Bet that incision will feel less pulled maybe.
Hope you have a Good Day...after your appointment.
 
Waited at the clinic 3 hours before they finally took my staples out. :( OS said it’s been crazy with so many people falling on ice. @Layla you were right about the staple removal. Just pinched. Not too bad. @Mireille Thanks for rooting me on! @Mojo333 feeling much better now without staples, but feel very vulnerable without them and without the bandage. OS said everything is looking great. Hooray! Must go ice and rest, but will pop back on later to check on everyone. :)
 
I get the vulnerable part...is such a strange journey.
You are going to be so so happy with your new hip in a few months, triple 3.
Keep it slow...a month from now things will look much brighter.
 
Hey @hipster333
I hope you're doing well.
Noticed a link to some dump recipes you posted elsewhere,
looked interesting and EASY, right up my alley...so thanks!
Wonder how you're doing at 2 1/2 weeks? I'll bet you're feeling some good progress.
Hope your weekend is great!
 
I must have been tired. I fell back asleep the second my youngest left for school and didn't wake up until lunch. That never happens. :heehee: Must be the combination of relief from finally getting the staples out and such a long day out yesterday. Just taking 1/2 Percocet with 1.5 Tylenol every 5 hours now--a little more achy because of the drop, but overall feeling much better. I'm going to try using the cane a bit around the house tomorrow when hubby is home. @Layla thanks for checking on me. Those dump recipes are great--they save me so much time! @Mireille thanks for the constant encouragement. We're getting there! @Mojo333 looking forward t putting this hip to good use over the summer!
 
Sleep is wonderful for healing. Let your body do its thing.

Remember heel-toe walking with the cane. If you're anything like me, you established
a horrible walking pattern while favoring your ailing hip.
Be mindful of letting your heel strike the ground first, then toes. It will help with the limp
but takes a concentrated effort. Good luck and don't overdo. I did that on my first day of trying the cane and wore myself out.

Hope your weekend is great. When you think about it.....Isn't it crazy that we get excited about trying to use a CANE?!! All we can do is laugh, right? :rotfl:
@hipster333
 
You're so right @Layla! I avoided the cane at all costs before my surgery--and now can't wait to use it. :loll: It's all relative. Good points on the heel to toe walking--forgot about that, and the limp definitely needs to go. Have a great weekend! I'll let you know how it goes...
 
@hipster333 Thanks for always checking up on me! :console2: I learned to love my cane after the Knee thing. I saw a guy at therapy with a really cool one and I ordered it from Amazon the next day. It's a pretty turqouise color.

I'm glad you're going to practice this weekend. You'll get the hang of it in no time.

Have a great weekend and enjoy the rest when you can. We really do need it even though summertime it's easier said than done. :ice::alarm:
 
Oops meant to put a picture of the type of cane [Bonesmart.org] hipster333 is in recovery< use.
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom