THR hipster333 is in recovery<

The pillow under the knee worked much better for easing the pain in my back. Thank you all! I also stuck an ice fell pack at the base of my spine and that eased some of the pain too. Happier morning. :) I have more pain in the actual incision area but I think it’s just from the pulling where it’s healing and the staples. Now for an early morning icing and nap. :)
 
@hipster333 As one who suffers daily lower back pain I am so happy to read you felt better last night. Well done!

When do you have your staples out? That incision will feel a whole lot better when the staples are gone.
 
Great news and smart with the ice pack, didn't think of that one.
Hope it continues to work keeping the pain away.

By the way, I couldn't sleep on my side either even though I had permission.
It was two or three months before I was brave enough to try. And I am a side sleeper.
I kind of eased back into it. I'd start on my side, fall asleep and if I woke, change position.
Hope your day is good!
@hipster333
 
Heard back from my OS that he doesn't need to see me about the extra drainage and that it's absolutely fine. Hooray! Had a quiet, but lovely Valentine's Day with the family. Ordered out Chinese food for supper so no one had to cook and hubby bought me a beautiful orchid and some roses. :flwrysmile: A little frustrated that I'm hurting more today in the incision area and through the thigh (it's really tight so not sure what I'm doing wrong). I've had to up my meds a bit which I was hoping not to do. Lots of ice tonight. Hope everyone else had a good day!
 
Hi @hipster333
Wonderful news on your incision, it's a relief to hear.
Sounds like you had a lovely Valentines Day dinner with those you hold dearest. How nice!
Please don't get frustrated with feeling sore off and on. It's completely normal. You're in the infancy of recovery. Not even infancy....newborn stage! :heehee:
You'll still have ups and downs. Take your meds, rest / sleep when you're able and ice, ice, ice :ice:
I think you've been doing so well that an off day throws you a bit. Don't let it, you'll still have them for a time.
You're doing great!
 
Thanks @Layla and hugs. I really needed to hear that tonight! Off to ice and sleep :sleep:. Tomorrow is another day with all kinds of possibilities.:)
 
@hipster333 slow down sister..... Lol
I'm no one to talk. I slept MOST of today because.... yesterday. Oh I overdid it bigtime. It was my daughter's actual birthday. We had family here, it was a lot.
We need to listen to our bodies more, I suppose, and REST. Glad your day ended well...
 
@Mascaramom your place is always hopping. Lol. Happy birthday to your daughter! She must have loved having so many people around. Make sure to take time for you today. :) hubby stayed home from work yesterday which was nice but I found with him buzzing around I wasn’t able to get enough rest. Happily he’s off to work today. Luckily I have my dad around if I need help with anything. (And he pretty much does his own thing) enjoy your day!
 
You sound well today @hipster333. I understand what you mean about people buzzing around interfering with our rest. I get that with with visitors, nice to have them but not for too long.

Hope you get rest today and signs of continued healing.
 
A little frustrated that I'm hurting more today in the incision area and through the thigh (it's really tight so not sure what I'm doing wrong).
My guess is nothing you are doing wrong. You had your hip replaced. 8 days post op. All coming back with feeling...sore , tight, normal.
We can over do activity but some just comes with the territory.
You are doing it right. Ice more, take your meds, short slow easy walks.
You have this...early days.
 
Feeling good this morning. Swelling still going down. Big plans for day, increasing cane time and using electric razor. . .
 
@MammaT My best friend always said, houseguests are like fish. They're great when they 1st show up but after a while, they stink :rofsign:

@Mojo333 Why is it that the more simple the instructions, the harder they seem to be a to be able to follow. :dubious:


@hipster333 lets BOTH listen to uor own advice... have a great day!:ice:
 
You are allowed to whine, and be concerned..just want you to know it IS normal and you are doing fine!:ice:
 
Hoping Jaycey's pillow behind the knee and your idea with the ice pack, lower spine is still helping with sleep.
Nothing worse than shifting around uncomfortably. Especially since we do everything in SLO-MO in the very early days. It takes you five minutes to change positions, lol! You and mascaramom sound like you're doing really well.
Hope your day is peaceful and relaxing while the kiddo's are away at school :yawn: :sleep:
@hipster333
 
@hipster333 So glad you're feeling better today. You're not alone. I too have tightness around the thigh and my lower back is killing me. I've been icing all over, may just have stick myself in a walking freezer, lol.

It's only been a little over a week. Sometimes we're too hard on ourselves. As everyone says, ice and rest is what we need.

Have a beautiful day! :cheers:
 
Back
Top Bottom