THR hipster333 is in recovery<

It was a great way to end the day @hipster333. I will admit, I do still sneak in an occasional early evening nap ( yes, I am taking 3 naps a day).
 
Aww, hugs to you! What a sweet soul you are.
I hope you get some solid uninterrupted sleep tonite since you're feeling so tired.
I made Chili this afternoon too. Hubby's request.
Hope you enjoyed your dinner and are able to relax until bedtime.
Sweet Dreams tonight :sleep:
 
Finally able to get some sleep. Hooray! @MammaT nothing big wrong with those naps!
Has anyone else had any of this yellow drainage I’m having? I know they said it was fine at the hospital yesterday, but I’ve got another spot coming through the new bandage today. I’ll call the OS office today since they’ll be open. I’m just being overly paranoid again.
It’s going to be a strange day. Since I’ve been home from the hospital I’ve had people around nonstop. Today kids are at school, hubby went in to work and my dad’s off to an appointment for a bit this morning. The quiet will be a nice change. :) I think everyone needs a break from me anyways. I feel like such a burden on them all. Hopefully physio will be able to get in soon and we can get some new exercises going. How’s everyone else’s day going?
 
I haven’t had any drainage. Don’t think it is uncommon, but best to check.

You may enjoy your alone time. While we think others need a break from us, we can use a break from them!
 
Good Morning,
I wouldn't worry, honey because you just had it checked at the hospital.
It seems they often tell you to follow up with your primary doctor.
You're wise to contact the office of your OS. They will advise on
what you should watch for.

Somehow you don't sound like the type that would be a burden.
I'm sure your kids love waiting on and taking care of you. Hubby too.
I was leery of what type of nurse my husband would be :yikes:
He couldn't have surprised me more. You take care of hubby and your kids
all the time, now it's their turn to show you love and appreciation.

I'll bet you enjoy your quiet time! I enjoyed mine.
Hope your day is peaceful and relaxing!
@hipster333
 
Aw thanks @Layla! I am enjoying the peace and quiet and it gives me a great change to spread the joy on here. I think I may work on organizing the thousands of photos of my kids I've never had time to organize (the problem with digital photos). Have a lovely day!
 
Happy to report that PT is happy with my progress so far and dropped two of my exercises. I just need to continue doing what I'm doing and can walk around the main floor a little more. I really liked this PT--her big thing at this point as long as I do my exercises, I just need to rest and ice. :) Now--where have I heard those words before? :heehee:
 
Good job!
Sounds like a pleasant visit with PT. Now rest and ice :heehee: :thumb:
Can't believe it's your one week anniversary already tomorrow :yay:
You're doing great! Keep it up.....
Hugs :friends:
@hipster333
 
Hope your evening is peaceful.
Healing hugs:friends:
 
@marguerite how is your recovery coming along? Are you feeling ok?

Tired this morning, don't feel much different from yesterday. The pain in my lower back that I had pre-surgery is really bothering right now (especially with all of the lying in bed). I'm icing it along with everything else, but it doesn't get much relief. :( Prior to surgery I would have gone for massage and that would have helped. I asked the PT about it yesterday and she said it will eventually get better as my muscles relax around the new hip. Any others ideas for relief? :boohoo:
 
I think I remember Jaycey talking about back issues, and have seen several other discussions. Maybe just do the search for back issues post thr?
 
Hope your day is great lil hipster honey!
So sorry to hear about your nagging back pain issue.
If you're not already, consider icing a little right along with your hip.
Hope you find some relief soon. Is the wound still draining....or better?
Hugs to you :console2:
@hipster333
 
@Layla had a tiny bit more drainage last night. Total on bandage is just bigger than size of pea. I finally did manage to get a hold of someone at the OS office and she said she thought it was just normal drainage and would check with surgeon when he's between surgeries. I haven't heard anything so it must not be too serious. No pus or green in it so I think I'm good. I've been doing both ice and heat on the back. I did a bit more walking today and that seems to be helping a bit. :)
 
The pain in my lower back that I had pre-surgery is really bothering right now
If you are sleeping on your back be sure you have a small pillow under your knees. This takes the pressure off the lower back. It is not unusual to have any lower back problems flare up post op. You are walking differently and your pelvis may be balancing after staying off that sore hip. Easy does it. This will ease.
 
Thanks @Jaycey ! I've been sleeping with a pillow lengthwise under my operated leg. Should I stop this and just put a small pillow under my knee?
 
Hi @hipster333
Our Jaycey is in the UK and could be getting ready to put a pillow behind her knees right about now as
it's nearing beddy bye time there :yawn: :sleep:
Yes, try the pillow behind the knees tonight without the other you've been using. See if you're able to sleep comfortably and how you feel in the morning.
Best of luck and sweet dreams later tonight!
 
It's just so hard to get comfortable so early out.
I had those issues also.
It does get better...:console2:
 
@Layla thank you! I'll try it tonight. I'm in so much pain at night right now I can't sleep more than 2 hrs at a time. :boohoo:I'll ice and put the pillow under the knees. I've always been a side sleeper and even though the dr gave the ok from day 1 to sleep on my side, I haven't been able to get comfortable that way either. Do you ever sleep? You are always on here :heehee:
@Mojo333 my 333 sister. Thank you for giving me hope! :flwrysmile:
 
Certainly..but I was a side sleeper too and you just try all you can and what works one day doesn't work the next, and all night sleep was elusive for a good while - just being honest - hence the naps throughout the day and the restless leg thing and the dumb lower back and rear end aches...and oh, what fond memories:nah:
The end result is what we are shooting for here. Hip surgery is a big surgery...try to take your meds and ice yourself Silly.
Hope all eases soon.:) :-) (:
 
Back
Top Bottom