THR hipster333 is in recovery<

Yes, our hips do take on a different look. I stay away from the scales too-anything that increases my thigh size that much can’t be good for weight.

I may give bed a try tonight just to change things up. Use recliner during the day. My couch is very comfortable, if you can handle the mechanics of sitting with no effort. I think no matter where we are we are going to get tired of it and look for alternatives.

Haven’t tried shaving yet. Still have to wear teds and I’m complying so far.

Have a good evening @hipster333. We’ll be back to rocking yoga pants in no time.
 
I stepped on the scale and almost had a heart attack. Ok I know the joint is heavier and there’s swelling but holy cow! I know I’m eating a lot less. It’s a little disheartening. I’m just going to stay off now for a few weeks until swelling goes down and I’m walking around more. Hope everyone has a great night. I’m super tired right now so it looks like an early one for me.
 
Not touching my scales til I am outside walking regular. Letting myself endulge in some junk this weekend and the going back to regular diet. Once both hips are functioning i’ll Get rid of any excess. One issue at a time!
 
Ladies !!!!! I don't care what the scale says! In my entire life I've never had a booty and now I'm looking a little like Kim Kardashian! I'll take it!

SOOOOO glad to hear all of my hippie friends are doing well. My only real complaint right now is that I can't kick this headache!
 
Having a down day. In some ways I feel like I’m no further ahead than I was two days ago. Pains and aches and swelling oh my. I’m down to 1 Percocet and 1 Tylenol and that’s helping me feel a little more clear headed. I feel like I just want to cry right now. How is everyone else doing? @Mascaramom you’re too funny about the Kim K booty. I’ve always had booty and now I have an additional right side booty which is not pretty. How’s your headache doing today? @MammaT you’re right, one issue at a time. No more scales for me. Lol
Ok, on a happier/just want to hit my head funny note. We had decided hubby and the kids would paint our room and ensuite while we are stuck downstairs for the time being. Our ensuite is pretty small so I’d decide a bright lilac would be lovely to liven things up, but in the bedroom I wanted a soothing grey for a more zen feeling. So yesterday while I was taking one of my many naps hubby decided to be ambitious and paint the bedroom. I woke up to him saying “I think I messed up big time. “ can you guess? Yes, he’d somehow painted the bedroom bright lilac. Ugh!! Then he tried to convince me we should leave it that color. Although I do love the color and it’s perfect for the little bathroom, from the pictures of seen of the bedroom it’s really too bright for me. Lol poor hubby. He tried! So needless to say he’ll be painting today.
 
Gosh you’re very brave trusting hubby to paint without supervision! Could he apply a wash which would tone it down without a complete repaint. Or maybe keep one wall a a feature wall and repaint the others. I’m such I control freak. I won’t let anyone decorate except me as I don’t think they do it right :loll:

You are in such early days in your recovery. Try not to expect too much. Elevating and icing will really help the swelling. Post op blues are very common. If you feel like crying do so, let it all out then you can move on.

I didn’t start to address my weight gain until 6 weeks out and have been focusing on cutting out the rubbish (sweets, crisps, biscuits etc) from my diet and watching portion sizes.

Hope you’re feeling as bright as your bedroom soon :flwrysmile:
 
Very wise you are not painting together @hipster333, my husband and I would have huge fights because we were convinced the other painted the wrong way! And choosing colors is just painful for me.

Not unusual to have up and down days. We initially think because we start off so well, every day will improve but leaps and bounds. @Mojo333 has shared a recovery picture of recovery being anything but a straight path-perhaps she will share?

For most of us when hip was going bad, we’d had a day when it was really bad, then would go for awhile where it wasn’t so bad,nthen decline, and on until we were miserable. Recovery is that in reverse. Just went back through recovery progression/activity. Realized I have probably been doing a bit more than ideal in first week. For one thing, i’m now doing this solo, so if I forget something in kitchen, I have to go back to get it. Going to try to do better at remembering, or just get things when I am up for something necessary-like bathroom.

Have a good day today. Be hubby’s cheerleader while he repaints, hope you two decide on color!
 
Last edited:
Aww, lil hunny bunny.....it's going to be okay! Really it is :friends:
I found it easiest to mark my progress by weekends, not days.
You will have ups and downs, so just try to roll with them.
I'll bet you're amazed by how much better you feel next Sunday, as opposed to today.

Poor hubby, just trying to help. That's the great thing about paint you can make a
mistake one day and fix it the next! Costs some money and time but at least you have an out.
I love, love love picking out paint colors.....right up my alley.
Sending hugs and love, hope your day becomes sunny and bright :yes: :SUNsmile:
@hipster333
 
Thanks ladies. You know how to put a smile and my face. I need help. I have my first sign of discharge. It’s just about dime size and bright yellow in color. Should I be worried? No temp. Wound has been covered by waterproof dressing since surgery. No different swelling or redness. My discharge papers say go to hospital if you have thick or foul smelling discharge. Hmmmm.
 
Hi,
Don't be worried....but to be safe and give yourself piece of mind,
I would check with the office of your OS, someone will be on call.
They'll know all the right questions to ask.
It's better than gathering a bunch of different opinions here.
They'll make a call as to whether you should have it looked at.
I'm sure it will all be okay :loveshwr:
@hipster333
 
The OS doesn’t have an after hours number, there’s a norwalk outbreak at the hospital, and we have a freezing rain warning in effect. I’ve got a call out to a nurse so I can talk to her. It’s not getting any bigger and is drying up which is good.
 
I wouldn't worry.....after asking some questions I think the nurse may offer you some peace of mind.
It's better than wondering and feeling anxious about it. Let us know what you hear....
@hipster333
 
So talked to the nurse and she told me to go to the hospital. Two drs looked at it. There was definitely some discharge but they said it looks like healthy discharge and no oozing or infection. Cleaned me up and sent me on my way. Just need to leave a msg for os tomorrow letting him know what’s going on. Thank you all for your concern and advice. Now off to dreamland with ice for some much needed recovery time. Hope everyone else is ok! I’ll check in later when I have more energy.
 
@hipster333

Very glad you had discharge checked out. I agree with @Mascaramom about not stopping pain meds too soon. You seem to be hurting and maybe are feeling like a warrior? Move at your own pace, my dear. Feeling down is normal, there’s articles on here that talks about post op blues. We are all here too. Just knowing you have cheerleaders behind you including hubby may help the blues. Thinking of you.
 
Great news! I'm glad you had it checked.
Hoping you're snug as a bug in a rug about now :yawn: :sleep:
Lots of rest and sleep does a body good while in recovery.
Update us when you feel more energized.....we're patient.
Hugs to you!
 
Darn body is overtired. :( My lovely neighbor brought our family homemade chili and muffins. I was trying to sleep at the time but when I found out I was so overwhelmed with love and gratitude that I cried. It’s been a hard day, but this was a great way to end it. Hugs to all.
 
Back
Top Bottom