THR hipster333 is in recovery<

Supervision is tough @hipster333, especially if we are used to being doers. I’m just telling myself that doing less now will lead to more in the long run. And since a shower and getting dressed just left me tired and shakey and so relieved to get back in chair with ice, I guess I’m not ready for much more.
 
Hi there,
Try to enjoy kicking back if you can.
You'll be back in control before you know it, probably looking for an excuse to sit for a time :heehee:
A woman's work is never done, especially with kids in the house.
Enjoy your Sunday!
@hipster333
 
Hope all continues to go well, triple 3.
If you haven't seen the recovery chart...
[Bonesmart.org] hipster333 is in recovery<

It does go up, you notice.
 
You all help keep me sane. :) Thank you for being here! I know my family is trying to understand, but it's just not the same as when you're going through it. Plus they don't get how stir crazy I'm going. Actually looking forward to PT tomorrow for a change of pace.
Went for a walk down the driveway and next door to the neighbor's today. It was so nice being outside--I just wanted to keep going once I found my stride. :yay: Glad I stopped when I did though because sitting in front of the tv was painful after 1/2 hour.
@Mojo333 love the chart! Great reminder of what it's like.
@Mireille can't wait for all the dancing! :spin:
@Layla and @MammaT giving up some of that control and reminding myself that things don't always need to be done the way I like them done.
Have a good restful sleep everyone!
 
You had a big day @hipster333. I’m hoping for walk tomorrow if it isn’t raining when pt comes.

Sometimes when we give up the control and things get done a different way, we can find out it’s better than our way!:bawl:(just don’t tell them).
 
Still very early days...your body endured trauma to get this thing done, and needs all the energy it can muster to heal.
Cabin fever and all that resting...does get old quick.
But easy does it and listen to your body. Things will get better and better.
Hope your day is a Good Day.
 
bahaha @MamaT I needed that laugh this morning. Hope you get that walk in! It's supposed to rain here too. PT is coming in 30 min so no time for me to go outside right now and I don't want to push it before they get here because who knows what kind of torture is in store for me. :yikes: My knee is really hurting this morning and I'm constantly icing it. I'll have to ask about that. I also need to figure out how to sit comfortably in the family room. I don't have a recliner chair--have a recliner sofa that is too low--and have been using an office chair as it raises to a good level. I get bad groin pains when sitting in any longer than 20 min though. Starting to really hate my bed since I'm spending most of my time in it.
OK, enough complaining. On a good note, hips is feeling good this morning. Thanks for the encouragement @Mojo333!
 
Poor knee. Please do check.
Happy you are staying positive
:)
 
@hipster333 Good morning! Don't let PT hurt you, uncomfortable is ok, painful is not. You can use some firm pillows on your recliner so it won't be too low. I dio that on my porch couch. Have a great day!
 
Maybe something in the air today @hipster333, my knee is giving me fits this am. I also have pt this am, let’s compare notes later-we may discover we are normal :yikes:

Have you tried adding pillow or stiff cushion to recliner couch to make it higher? I agree being stuck in same place gets old. I moved to bed for two hours last night just for a change. How are you able to elevate when using office chair? At the risk of jinxing myself, groin pain not too bad. This stupid swelling, while better, is taking forever to go away.

Don’t let pt torture you too much. They only see what it is like from the outside, we know it from the inside!
 
@Mireille and @MammaT tried an extra chair cushion on the recliner last night. I could not get comfortable at all. :unsure: Did not even try using the recliner portion though. Had a hard time getting up too so I think I'd better stick to the office chair for now. I'm not able to elevate the leg using the office chair, but elevating a lot in bed so I think it's ok.
@Mojo333 asked PT about knee and she thinks it's still from muscles that weren't being used in the knee before since my leg wouldn't go straight before with the hip the way it was. She also says there's still a lot of swelling on that side of the body which is probably impacting the knee and the groin. She's leaving me in the walker for now, but says that I'm really out-walking it (it has wheels) so that is good. New exercises added, but she told me not to push it and if it hurt then to stop (@MammaT you would like her).
@Mascaramom feeling much better today. Cutting back on my meds a bit more and was able to get out for a little walk. I can't believe tomorrow marks two weeks for us. It's gone by quickly which is really good. I've got more energy today which is also awesome. I'll pop over to your page right away and see how the party went. :happydance:
 
Sorry you can’t find more comfortable place to sit, but go with what works for now @hipster333. Getting those muscles and things back to working takes time. Having pushed the cane a bit much the past couple of days, I agree with her having you go slow. It took us time to get this way.

Glad you got outside. I’m looking forward to doctor visit tomorrow to get a change of scenery.
 
@hipster333 So sorry about your FIL. Sending healing thoughts and prayers to your family!

It is petty hard to get comfortable right now, you get tired of sitting and laying down. My thigh muscles are so sore...
 
Two weeks..Yay. I'm glad that you got some reassurance about that knee.
Your PT sounds very practical, I'm glad you are comfortable with her.
It's so nice to get outside a bit.
I rehabbed at my sister's home which has steps at both porches.
When everyone left to go to work, I was stuck on the porches...and would yearn to just walk a little outside as I had one the house out.
Glad all is well...take it slow...
 
@Mojo333 we have steps going out both porches too so I can't get out unless someone is around since I'm still using the walker and need the cane for the stairs. Feeling pretty trapped today since everyone is leaving and it's pouring rain outside. Will make the best of it. :)
 
Just think of everyone else having to go out into the dreary world while you get to stay in your nice warm cocoon!
 
I read on another post that your soon to have your staples out. I had around 30 and was really scared about having them out as I'd had bad experiences with staples in the past but it was really fine. No pain whatsoever. So try not to stress or worry. Plus the incision was mush easier to look at once all the metal work was gone. :flwrysmile:
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom