THR hipster333 is in recovery<

I recall with first replacement feeling like recovery was taking forever and I’m sure I’ll get to that point with this one. Getting out all the kinks takes quite some time. I’m not cleared to drive yet but pre-op I used an ice pack while commuting to work (45 minutes) and it helped.
 
The aches and pains do get better @hipster333. Unfortunately, some days it seems like one goes away and another pops up. You are so right that years of doing things wrong takes more than a few weeks to get better.

Enjoy your weekend and getting ready for work!
 
@hikejunkie the ice pack is a great idea for driving to work! I actually went out today and had no problems driving so I'm hoping that's the case next week.
Thanks @MammaT. How were your first days back? I just got the update from the woman who was covering for me while I was off and it looks like a lot has changed since I've been gone. I hate that I had to miss seven weeks and feel insecure about going back on Monday.
 
I survived @hipster333. Things changed at my place, including computer system. Slowly getting back into swing.
 
Aww, don't feel insecure about going back to work @hipster333
Seven weeks does feel like a long time but I'll bet everything will fall into
place for you quickly. You'll be happy to be back and they'll be happy to have you.

I used the ice pack in the car too, it helps.

Wishing you a relaxing Saturday and Sunday and a great upcoming week as you ease back into work.
 
Anxiety status just under the surface these first months.
You have this! My triple 3 pal.
Make sure you do lots of resting after work.
Wishing you a zen weekend!
:hugzz:
Don't rightly know what that smiley is for, but I wanted to use it...maybe?...surprise! Happy!
 
@Mojo333 it's a hug. Mind you, it looks like a spider. :heehee: So much anxiety during the last few months--I don't know how it feels not to be anxious anymore. :scary:This too shall pass. @Layla and @MammaT I'm sure once I get back to work it'll be ok. Not sure why I'm being sure a big baby right now. It's those hipster hormones causing havoc again. @MammaT I can't imagine gong back to a whole new computer system--if you can face that I can certainly face a few new rules--mind you, making a bunch of middle schoolers follow them is going to be
scary!:sos::loll: Woke up at 2:30 in so much pain--I knew I had joined the ODIC by last night, but I didn't realize it was this bad. Cancelled my plans for today and am just puttering around the house doing some cleaning in between long rest periods.--I need to smarten up a bit. Of course, once I was awake it was hard to get back to sleep even once the ice and Tylenol had kicked in--by then the brain had turned on and was in overdrive. :gaah:
 
Oh no! The ODIC :tantrum:
Bad reviews.....no one likes that place :nah:

Get lots of rest, use lots of ice :ice:
Hopefully you'll feel better tomorrow.
Hugs :console2:
@hipster333
 
Hope you're feeling better today. Don't be surprised if you're wiped out on Monday after work. Plan ahead to either pick up dinner, go out to dinner to celebrate or have dinner ready in crockpot (nothing better than smelling dinner already cooked when you come home after a long day). You're going to do fine and you'll take some energy from those youngsters!
 
Glad you decided to rest today @hipster333. We can pay for overdoing for the next couple of months so we need to carefully increase stuff. And I’ll take my work challenges over middle schoolers! ( although some staff issues do make me wonder what the difference is!)
 
@hipster333 :wave: I hope by the time you see this, you're feeling better! So glad things are going well. Just think where you were before and how far you've come. Things can only get better! :roseshwr:
 
Thinking of you as you head back to work tomorrow @hipster333
I hope all goes well as you ease back in.
Let us know how it goes.
Wishing you a good week! :flwrysmile:
 
@Jackie222 and @Layla rest helped a lot! Still a little sore, but I'll take that over the pain I was in!! I'm continuing to take it easy the rest of the day. @SaraK crockpot meal is on the menu for tomorrow. No work for me since it's pre-frozen :dancy:@Mireille it's good to remember how far we've come (you'll be there soon too!) :flwrysmile:.Hope you're feeling better! @MammaT I'll be sure to try and just ease my way in tomorrow. Hope you all have a great day tomorrow!:roseshwr:
 
Got a meal in the crockpot myself. Have a good first day back. If it’s like mine, there will be folks checking on you, so not too rough. I’m looking at my calendar after dinner to figure out my schedule for the week.:flabber:
 
Creepy little hugger:hugzz:
Now that I have my readers, I see it.
I hit the ODIC several times. No fun!
You don't know you overdid it until you've already overdone it.
The first months I was back to work, I just had to insist upon coming straight home and being done...icing and elevating.
Glad you are listening to your body and giving it some TLC.
Have a great day!:SUNsmile:
 
@Mojo333 you'll be happy to hear that I came straight home and put ice on. ahhh :ice:Much needed, but it was a great day! Still running off the adrenaline from it. I'm going to crash soon. The kids were so happy to see me and a even got hugs from some of the teachers. Absolutely what I needed after the last 7 weeks! The drive went great--used my ice going there and driving home and made sure I did a mix of walking and sitting while I was there. I'm sore now in places I haven't been sore yet and my knee is hurting again (strange!--also strange that my shin hurts) but this too shall pass. Thank you all for your encouragement and constant support! :yahoo:
 
Back
Top Bottom