THR hipster333 is in recovery<

Hope today is a Good Day.
Muscles used differently as my gait and stance improved were new aches to deal with months into recovery.
Aches though, and not excruciating hip pain:yes!:
Hope things ease soon.:friends:
 
Funny you mention return to work @hipster333. Yesterday and today muscles and knee bothersome. Would not go to work like this. Did some of the stretches this morning and got trash to curb. Icing now and will try some outside walking when temp gets over 30 later.

This is why the zig zag picture of recovery is true!
 
Try not to worry @hipster333
You know how things can progress and change just over the course of a week.
Continue icing, resting and taking things slow. You'll get there.
You've had a wonderful recovery so far. You're doing great!
Hope your day is a good one :flwrysmile:
 
@hikejunkie setting the alarm next week is a good idea. Ugg that tennis ball feeling sounds horrible! I’m great as long as I don’t move. When I walk the muscles hurt.
 
@Mojo333 more aches and pains to come? Uggg I know it’s just aches, but I still want them all gone. :( @Layla I have been blessed with a wonderful recovery so far and am very grateful for that. I guess I’m just tired of not being at 100%. @MammaT sorry your muscles are giving you troubles too! Is work mostly sitting for you when you go back? Hopefully the walk helps. I’m hoping the sun will pop out here. Our overcast days are not helping with the depression. :(
 
Pretty much desk work. However, I can get up and move when needed. I can also ice at desk. Hoverever, seems like if I would need to ice several times a day to make it through work, may not be where I should be. Not going to worry too much since improvements can also happen quickly.
 
Time does seem to drag...only been what? 6 weeks since you had a new right hip implanted:umm:
You should be over that by now:scratch:

It WILL be such a good summer, Triple3.
Hope tomorrow is a better day...wishing you sun:SUNsmile:
 
:heehee: ok maybe I'm being a little hard on myself @Mojo333 it's only been 5 weeks. Had a lot more sleep last night and feeling much more optimistic today. I'm lucky with work because my first weeks back is only three hours a day and the Friday is Good Friday so there is no school. My first full week back (5 hrs per day) there is no school on the Monday because of Easter. That should help ease me in. @hikejunkie no alarm yet. :loll:I actually got up at 6:16, then fell back asleep until 10. I figure if my body still needs the sleep, it might as well get it while it can. Managed to get the den and kitchen cleaned this morning and will vacuum and so floors this afternoon. Also hoping to make banana bread and help my son make French onion soup. Just resting right now so I have the energy for all that.
@MammaT when are you planning on starting back to work? Sorry, the old memory isn't what it used to be. I'm sure you'll do great when you do go back since you've taken more time off with this surgery.
 
Maybe March 21 (see doc on the 20th), or I may just wait til the following Monday, but I like idea of a three day week for first one. Will do 4 hours a day. Going to base it on how hip feels and doc’s assessment. Since I can retire anytime I want, boss will be glad that I come back!

Glad you can sleep in @hipster333. I get up by 5:30, no alarm. I have become my mother.:heehee:
 
Oh, @MammaT - you are missing one of the true joys of life - waking up on Saturday to realize it's after noon! Once when asked what I wanted for breakfast in bed on Mother's Day, I said "Lunch!":loll:
 
@MammaT you've got it made with that kind of flexibility! Sorry you can't sleep in anymore. Normally I can't either--I don't know what it is about this surgery that has done me in. My girlfriend was telling me that the effects from the anaesthesia can last months. :thud:
@SaraK sounds like a perfect Mother's Day to me! I'm ordering sleeping in and then going out for high tea :loveshwr:
@Mojo333 I'm going to see if I can push myself just a little this weekend. Mu daughter's painting class is 40 min away and lasts 90 min. I'm going to go along for the ride this week and see how it goes since I have to go beack to work in a week. Worse case scenario we stop and get some ice and I sleep in the car. I'll be sure to walk around a bit too.

Went to PT this morning. He's figured out that it's my hip flexor muscle and the piriformis muscle causing all the problems (I had major problems with the piriformis prior to surgery so it's actually doing better than it was). The hip flexor is concerning him a bit. He did ultrasound on both (feels much better!) and I started on the stationary bike which was AMAZING!!!!!! Hip felt so happy on there. I'm glad I have one at home I can use. :dancy: Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend! On my way to take the kids out for lunch to celebrate the end of Spring break!:roseshwr:
 
Hip flexor were definitely my problem area too. I think it goes along with all of the sitting before and after surgery. I found that the more I walked with shoulders back, the better both the hip flexor and glutes did - PT said it balances the weight and has the posterior take part of the load.
 
Hip flexors are just obnoxious! Piriformis also seems to be fairly common. Had/have some of that in left. Have not gone back to stretches for it yet, will go over with os.

Glad you got some bike time @hipster333, I really believe it is helping me. The ultrasound sounds interesting. I may see if I can try some pt for that and maybe massage.

I agree with Sara about more walking correctly helps things get back to where they should be. I can start walking or bike with things tight and as get going, they settle down. A bit better each day.

Good luck with your road trip. Sounds like you are being sensible. We all have to take the plunge sometime, or why bother with the surgery!
 
@SaraK how is your hip flexor doing now? Any ongoing problems? I’ll try more walking with shoulders back.
@MammaT I’m trying massage next week. Hoping that will help too. I find the ultrasound helps, but is only a temporary fix.
We’ll see how the road trip goes tomorrow. Looking forward to an out g out of town!
 
I get nervous at the idea of massage or chiropractic treatment after surgery. I think I’d be saying “Oh, don’t touch that...or that...”
 
So glad you will get out this weekend.
Yay for you.
 
Hip flexor issue resolved - with first THR, resolved within first 4-6 weeks with some gentle stretching and massage by PT. With 2nd THR, it got caught up in the glute issue - apparently my body/brain's compensation for the glute issue affected the hip flexor. Now that glute healed and I'm walking with better posture, hip flexor issues gone. Climbed stairs to lunch meeting in my office - technically 2 floors but really the equivalent of 4 floors. No problems at all!
 
Back
Top Bottom