Guest viewing is limited

THR hipster333 is in recovery<

I know I am not gonna even try, @Mascaramom . My thighs are still swollen. I think I am swollen from my ribs to mid thigh. I would have to cover my incision with some padding? to keep a garment from scraping off my Super glue. I'm not jealous, just going to the freezer.....:ice:
 
@AgilityDog you have it made with the coffee in bed!!! Brilliant idea to attach the keys to the cane--I have to steal it!:idea: @Mascaramom I feel bad that I told you all that I was wearing my jeans--sorry :sorry:. I've lived with ice attached to me for the past month (honestly ok, maybe only 20hrs a day :heehee:) so no swelling left I don't think. OK maybe I took the icing a little too seriously, but I felt better with it attached to my body at all times (still do) I'm going to look pretty funny going back to work in 2 weeks with it taped to my side. :rotfl: I've also lost weight since the surgery (got used to not having complete access to the fridge and was in too much pain to care in the beginning). I've been working on my weight for the past two years (since I'm convinced I would have had longer on my old hip if I'd been kinder to my body) Down 58 lbs so far. Excited about getting moving--hopefully sooner rather than later. I really do love my walks everyday. I'm becoming like a puppy that someone has to take out because frankly I'm still nervous about falling out there with the little bit of snow and ice we have. ok--well this rant totally took a tangent I wasn't planning on, but that's ok.--hope everyone has a great night! Been able to sleep on both sides for a couple of hours each the past two nights so I am super happy about that!:dancy:
 
Impressive weight loss @hipster333. I have slowly lost (and kept off) 70 or so. May have put on pound or two last month, but know with increased activity and back to my normal eating it will go. Have missed walking past couple of days with stupid tooth issue, but hopefully throbbing will be gone when I get up tomorrow.
 
Congrats on the weight loss @hipster333. That's wonderful and will put less stress on the new hip as well as your other hip. Yay for jeans! I remember that little milestone well.
Hugs and a great weekend to you!
 
@MammaT way to go!!! 70+ lbs is amazing!!! I really pray that tooth is all better tomorrow and you have a good sleep!
@Layla thank you! I’m so much more comfortable in jeans than yoga pants! Plus I can actually be seen outside of the house in them. Lol. Hope you have a great weekend too!!! Merry
 
@Walkinginthesand - sorry to burst the bubble but, from what I understand, the weight of the current implants is pretty close to the weight of the bone that was removed, so pretty much an even trade.
 
Our head weighs 10 lbs and there's nothing to do about that, so think we should subtract.
 
I'm becoming like a puppy that someone has to take out because frankly I'm still nervous about falling out there with the little bit of snow and ice we have.

I’d be nervous too. Best to be vigilant. Nurse at hospital told me to even be careful of salt/ice melt because it can cause imbalance.
 
@AgilityDog I love my carbs too! :heehee:
@hikejunkie I hadn't thought about the salt--I guess anything that makes the terrain uneven. Taking hubby for a walk this afternoon to show him the terrain I've had to travel the past two days because he didn't shovel the driveway.:hairpulling: He just doesn't get it!
@Walkinginthesand and @SaraK I thought I'd read somewhere that the new hip was 2-3 lbs more than the old one depending on the type. :chinstroke:
 
Oh @hipster333 I learned in jr hi/ middle school that shoveled walks really were better. I don't think my walk to school was actually that far, but I decided which temperature was no big deal and that shoveled walks really were much easier to walk on.
 
Hi @Mireille and @AgilityDog very busy two days so haven’t really been on. Sorry. Yesterday finally got out driving and went to the library. Made both lunch and dinner and played a board game with the family. Only 2x 20 min breaks all day so I was exhausted. More swelling g and soreness last night for it and couldn’t sleeping on incision side. Took it slightly easier today and went out for lunch with the family (kids are on spring break). Restaurant was 30 away and then we had to stop and order hubby’s new glasses. Luckily I got a nap and some ice in when we got home and just had to make dinner. Muscles around hip are really tight and not happy tonight. More ice and elevation for me. May need to cancel pt in the morning. Hope you have a great day! @Mireille glad you got bad from your trip and are ok. :)
 
That lovely tightness just likes to come back, doesn’t it @hipster333? Just a reminder to us that recovery has twists and turns. Thankfully that does improve and the good periods get longer. Sometimes we have to go back to basics.

Hope things are better today.
 
Good morning! @MammaT I'm glad to hear the good periods will get longer. I'm starting to worry that the muscles around my new hip are going to hurt forever :boohoo:. I'm getting very worried about going back to work in two weeks. :umm:Didn't wake up until 9 today and that never happens! Luckily I had already cancelled PT. I have another appt later in the week.
 
I had posterior approach with first (and second) replacement and a muscle in my butt caused me to feel like I was sitting on a tennis ball for months. But it went away. With return to work I started setting my alarm a week before so I’d be used to specific wake up time.
 
Back
Top Bottom