THR Hipster Girl Recovery Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Hipster Girl - This is all fantastic news! Congrats to you for doing so well with that complicated interview process! And then another good job opportunity with an open door for you, too! :wowspring:Excellent! Looks like a job offer is right around the corner!

You asked about how my work is going... It's going fine! The days are long and I do feel more tired than when I was working even more hours right before my surgeries. Guess it's a matter of getting into the swing of things again. But it's good to be out there.

Can't wait to hear what happens next in your job adventures! You really deserve the absolute best! :yes!: :flwrysmile:
 
Last edited by a moderator:
@Readysetgo thanks friend! I'm using all different methods at my disposal to cast a wide net but really just focusing on my target companies. I'm feeling optimistic that something will turn up in the near future.

I'm glad to hear your work is going well. It's totally understandable how you are even more tired now than you were when you worked long hours pre-surgery. You probably still have some residual energy drain. I know I did. It takes awhile for that to go away. Our bodies expend so much energy with the healing process so there is little left over for anything else. It's a process but it will get there. You sound great!
:flwrysmile:

@Miss Muffet y'all are too sweet! I seriously don't know what I would do without the support on this forum - you all are amazing!!! :loveshwr:
 
That's wonderful, @Hipster Girl. It's a good thing you went, even though you were tired. Connections are everything. It makes such a difference to have a recommendation from someone on the inside of the company. Congratulations! The plot thickens...
 
Reading all the discussion about talkers.... I am an extrovert and I have several people in my life that just never stop talking at me. I have always assumed they have Aspergers to some degree and just can not read body language or facial cues when talking in person. Believe me....I give them! One of these friends says she is an introvert but she will keep me on the phone for hours even after I start saying "well, let me let you go". Sigh.


RTHR 1/15/2016. Posterior approach. Due to AVN. LTHR on May 26, 2016.
 
@Hipster Girl, what wonderful news about meeting that recruiter and the ensuing circumstances! You are so right about it sometimes being about who you know. I think you've handled this networking fabulously.
Way to go, hippie friend! :yay:
 
@DeepBreath thank you friend! :flwrysmile:

@jomarie58 I hadn't considered that about the Aspergers but you may be right. I don't know too much about that condition. The phone is almost worse because they can't read the verbal cues. I swear I could set the phone down, throw a load of laundry in, make a sandwich, take a shower, come back, and some of these people would still be talking. :flabber: Sounds like your friend is a little like that :oyvey:

@GraceJoint pre-surgery I pretty much got completely away from all cardio - I couldn't even walk on a treadmill. For strengthening, I did the weight machines at the gym, primarily the leg machines because I found having strong leg muscles takes the stress off the hip joints. This is what I found the most helpful. Do you have a THR coming up?
 
:wave:I have some really good news to share - I got a very encouraging call back late in the day Friday about my interview earlier in the week! The corporate recruiter left a message on my cell but it was noisy when I listened and I couldn't hear very well so I figured I would just listen to the message again later. Only problem is my cellphone provider was having issues with their network, so after 3 hours on the phone with my provider, they ended up resetting my voice mail which means I lost ALL my messages, so I can't retrieve that particular message. :bricks: Time to get a new phone and provider pronto. I have one of those cheapo prepaid cell phones that has served me well over the years but I can't risk this kind of thing happening in the middle of a job search so I went shopping for phones yesterday, just need to take my son back with me to get his input since kids that age are much more techy and knowledgeable about cell phones than I will ever be.:yes:

From what I was able to hear on the voice mail, the people I interviewed with really liked me and they want me to go back for one final interview this week and this would be the final round. The recruiter was very enthusiastic in her message and congratulating me and everything so this is very good news. This is similar to the process I went through at the other company where they all liked me in the first round and when I went back for the final interview, that's when all the introvert/extrovert stuff came to the surface. I don't believe that will be the case this time. They seem much more "normal" at this company and focused on the work and not worried about making clones out of everybody to fit their personality mold.:yes!:

Oh, and I also got an email on Friday from another one of my target companies asking my availability for an interview this week! I responded but it was late in the day on Friday and I haven't heard back yet, but things are picking up steam with my target companies so I am excited about that! After weeks of no calls, no emails, and no responses other than the "thanks but no thanks" auto-generated messages, I am suddenly starting to see some activity so I am very encouraged by this! :SUNsmile:

On the flip side from the excitement, I am also drained....I can't even put into words how mentally taxing this process has been. They say looking for a job is a full-time job and that is so true but it is even more so, because of all the emotional energy expended. Whenever I do get offered my next job, I am going to request that I have a week or two before I have to start, so that I will have some time to decompress and mentally recharge my batteries so I will be fresh. All I want to do is rest and maybe binge watch some mindless TV - that sounds amazing! :yes:
 
What wonderful news! I can't believe your phone would go kaput at the worst possible moment and on a Friday no less. Once you secure a position with one of your "target" companies, you're going to be so happy that you didn't settle for less. I can't wait for your Monday update! xoxoxo
 
@Hipster Girl - Congrats on getting your new phone and super congrats on the successful interview and feedback! So sorry your phone had such bad timing for that message. But it sounds like everything is going in the right direction! I hope this final upcoming interview gets you that job! And I think you are wise to take some time to recuperate before starting the new job. I hope you aren't pressured to start "right away". Before my first THR, I took off of work after Dec. 22nd so I could enjoy the holidays and prepare before my Jan. 4th surgery. My husband wondered why I didn't work up until the last second. I knew what I needed and so do you. Good luck this week! I will be thinking of you, as will all your other Bonesmart pals! :flwrysmile::yay:
 
@Readysetgo thanks for sharing that about taking time off around the holidays to prepare for your surgery. It was good that you prepared and had that time to enjoy beforehand.

Most companies are used to waiting a little while since working people generally give two weeks notice when they accept a new job. I'm not working of course but since they are already used to that, I don't think they will mind if I give myself two weeks as well. :)
 
Hi @Hipster Girl, Congratulations on the excellent feedback. That's excitement. You have been such a trooper through this job search. I'm glad that you're getting a new phone. You deserve it.

In a way, it's healthy that it's taken a while for you to get a new job. You've had that extra time to heal, and your hips will be that much stronger. I know you went back to work at your old job, but I find the healing in the past few months to be pretty amazing. It's such a difference.
 
Thanks @Hip Hip Hooray! it has been a process, I tell ya what, whew~!

I have another follow-up interview tomorrow. This will be the last one for this company. I'm only meeting with one person, should only take about 30 minutes. For some reason, I'm not that anxious about this one and I'm not sure why. Maybe it's cuz I have some interviewing experience now or maybe it's because I am meeting with a peer and not a hiring manager. Either way, I'm feeling kind of at ease about it.

I haven't gotten any alerts for your thread, will have to check it out and see if you have any dancing class updates. Hope you are doing great!:flwrysmile:
 
Hi @Hipster Girl, I'm glad that you feel relaxed about this interview. That makes it easier to just be yourself. That's a good sign that you don't feel nervous. Hopefully that means it's a comfortable working environment.

I have to update my thread. I was out of town, and I had a Waltz class last night. I look forward to hearing how things went for you...
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom