THR Hipster Girl Recovery Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Hip Hip Hooray! are your knees doing better today? I hope not doing the new Pilates exercises has alleviated the pain.

The gym is still going good for me. I am selective about which machines I use and if something feels like it is going to cause too much strain, I don't do it. My body composition monitor shows my lean mass is now increased to 96.6 lbs and I feel my best when it is over 100 but I am very happy with the progress and glad that my body composition is finally changing. :)

I am very glad to be back on the site but I saw this morning that only $10,000 has been collected out of $65,000 and there is only one week left so I'm not sure what happens in a week. I will be sad if this site goes away.:sad:

@Cynthia777 I can't tell you how much I am enjoying having a job lined up but not having to go to work. :snork: I hope they take their sweet time with my background check because I am in no hurry whatsoever. :cool:
 
Hi @Hipster Girl, Yes, my knees stopped aching right away. Such a relief. Even though I would like to have rock hard legs again, I'm not going to do anything that causes arthritis in the knees. I can do some of the exercises, just not all of them. I just did some light yoga last night, and felt an immediate difference. Thanks for asking.

That's exciting that you have such a high score for your body composition. I'm impressed. I'm sure it's because you have been so dedicated and consistent at the gym. I hope you are enjoying your last week of unemployment. The new job sounds exciting!
 
:wave:@Cynthia777 great to see you Friend! :loveshwr:

I am having such a good time just doing whatever I want to do whenever I want to do it. :) I'm going to the gym every day, doing some shopping, having lunch with friends, going to the Singles Group at church, and I also have been continuing to go to networking events even though it has been over a month since I have had this job lined up. I just really like the people I have met there and the bond that comes from us kind of navigating the job search experience together. I have met some amazing people who I hope to stay in contact with. Oh, and I got a 2-hour massage a couple days ago - that was heavenly!

This is my final week of freedom before I get back to the old grind. :oyvey:Hard to imagine that one week from now I will be at a totally new workplace. Truth be told, I'm feeling a lot of anxiety already. I don't know why I'm so nervous but I am. I guess it's because I was at my old employer for so long and it was comfortable. And now I'm going to a brand new company where I don't know anybody or anything. I really hope it turns out to be a great fit! I suppose once I get in there, the nervousness will start to go away.

How are YOU doing?? Are you back from your trip? How was everything? How did your hips hold up? Hope you are doing GREAT!
:flwrysmile:
 
You're one busy lady! Oh, I remember those days when I went to the church singles group...fifteen women for every man! :heehee: A two hour massage?!?! Oh how I envy you my friend! As we age, we get more set in our ways and starting a new job is quite intimidating! I honestly can't imagine it at the age of 62. However, you're one smart cookie and so like able, I'm sure you're going to fit right in. Can't wait to hear about your experiences at your new job! I've forgotten what date you start? I'll be keeping you in prayer that you will LOVE your new position and LOVE your new co-workers. xoxoxo!!!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
@Hipster Girl, you are a gem! It's normal to feel nervous when going into a new experience. You'll quickly get the hang of the job and when your co-workers get to know how awesome you are....shoot, you'll be home free! *Hugs*
 
Hi @Hipster Girl, I find I get more nervous at auditions at this age, too. You'd think it would get easier with experience, but I still start shaking. They will love you. You've been so disciplined and pro active with your daily routine. I think it's great that you've had time to heal and strengthen your hips. I keep visualizing you on that bicycle! How fun...
 
:roseshwr:@Cynthia777 and @DeepBreath and @Hip Hip Hooray! :wave:

I think it's just the fear of the unknown getting to me. We are creatures of habit and I take great comfort in a routine and familiar surroundings with familiar peeps. :cool: You guys are so awesome with all your support and encouragement! You are like my own personal Bonesmart cheerleaders, haha

Happily, my first day is just orientation and I think that will help a lot, just being shown around campus and meeting people. That should help me ease into it. @Cynthia777 my start date is officially August 15th, a week from today. :shocked::rolleyes:

I went shopping at Kohl's again today and bought several cute blouses and a pair of ankle boots. I had two gift cards from friends that I was able to use. I should be all set for clothes for the rest of the summer at least. I think looking nice translates into confidence so it will boost my confidence and make the first few weeks easier until I get comfortable, if that makes any sense. :scratch:

I do have to ask though, what on earth is up with all the SKINNY jeans?? I could stand to lose 10-15 lbs but am not what you would call overweight but I cannot get those skinny things on past my ankles...okay, that might be an exaggeration but really??!! These skinny jeans are everywhere!:skep:
 
That's funny you mention the skinny jeans. My daughter just told me she went shopping at a clothing store that's really popular among the young girls and young women and she said ALL of the clothes were too tight on her (she's 5' 6" and weighs 127 pounds)! She said the store has a new concept of selling only "one size fits all". I guess we are looking at the Twiggy days again! Crazy!
 
@Hipster Girl, ugh...skinny jeans. Cynthia is right, it seems to be a 'one size fits all' fail. Actually, they should be honest and say that 'one size fits about 1% of the population'.
 
1% sounds about right. I seriously don't see how anyone can fit in those things. :gaah:
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Skinny jeans.....they're marketing to the tween/ high school/ college group. Will that group really support the rent/ inventory???
Anyway, just wanted to pop in and wish you all the confidence next Monday. They are so lucky to have you coming on board!!! You'll be comfortable in no time.
 
Aww thank you @Nana2-8 - I sure you hope you're right! I will post an update to let everyone know how it's going but it might not be for a few days since I will be adjusting to my new full-time schedule and am probably going to be exhausted and mentally drained the first few days from the nerves and newness. I will not forget my BoneSmart family though - your support and encouragement has been overwhelming and is appreciated more than you could ever know! Y'all have been on this journey with me and I will be back to let you know how it's going. :SUNsmile:
:flwrysmile:
 
@Hipster Girl - Thinking about you today. I hope your day back to the work world goes marvelously tomorrow! I'm so glad you've had time to take care of you and rejuvenate after all you've been through. Sounds like you are all set with the wardrobe, too. That's a good feeling. It's a brand new situation for you, so it's natural to be nervous. I hope the first day orientation makes you comfortable right away.

Transitioning back to work was a challenge, even though I like my job. It's just hard to go back to squeezing things into your schedule and making those tough priorities with so much less time in your life after working hours take over. Especially after having a taste of "freedom"...

Well I hope you get inspired and lose the nervousness once you're in there for real. Good luck to you!:ok::flwrysmile:
 
@Readysetgo, thank you so much for thinking of me and the warm wishes for tomorrow! I did some more shopping the past few days at Marshall's, Ross, and Kohl's and spent way more than I should have but now I feel like I have a nice variety of casual clothes that still look appropriate for the office. It was kind of tricky because their dress code is true casual, not business casual, but I still want to feel professional.

I have definitely enjoyed my freedom these past few months and it is going to be quite an adjustment going back to work but in a way it's good they don't allow time off for the first 90 days because that will force me to get acclimated quicker.:)

I went to the campus yesterday to find out exactly where I need to go tomorrow and figured out which parking garage to park in, so I'm feeling pretty comfortable about all that. I think Day #2 is when the nerves will hit because that is the day I will see my boss and go to my work area. The first day is orientation all day. I am excited but it is a nervous excitement and I am so blessed to have all my BoneSmart buddies wishing me well!
:flwrysmile:
 
Thanks Krista! I hope when my alarm goes off tomorrow, I remember I have to go to work - I don't want to be at the gym at 9:30 and remember oops, I forgot I had somewhere else to be! :snork:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom